Apple fanalyst Gene Munster reiterates prediction of $200 off contract iPhone
1. wendygarett posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:03 9 3
Apple will never release the cheap phone, simply because it will cannibalize the iPod touch....
You should know by now that Apple= $$$ Mr fanalyst... FAIL
12. cripton805 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 22:18 1 1
I disagree... sort of.
It might never be $200 at an Apple store, but stores like Best Buy sometimes offer off contract / prepay phones at really low prices.
The iPhone 4 is already $350 from Virgin mobile.
The 4S is priced at $450
I can see big retailers selling these super cheap in the future.
13. Nathan_ingx posted on 17 Dec 2012, 23:48 2 0
Unless, Apple goes back to basics and produce a phone alphanumeric keypad...iType. Lol...
Come to think of it, even that might hit $300.
14. wendygarett posted on 18 Dec 2012, 00:18 0 1
I don't think Apple will produce it either lol
15. Nathan_ingx posted on 18 Dec 2012, 09:26 0 0
I know that...i'm just having fun!
2. Droiddoes posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:05 4 0
Wild fanboy speculation, LMAO @ analysts. FFS the 3GS was still $599 off contract for a new one when I stopped selling them 2 months ago.
Apple will never offer an iphone for $200. EVER.
5. Zero0 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:46 0 0
Is that true?
That's insane. For the price of a 3 year old phone, one could buy not one, but two brand new flagships off contract.
9. switza93 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 20:22 0 0
Not flagships, my assumption is that it would be an iphone made with cheap parts and low specs.
11. Zero0 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 21:54 0 0
This $200 iPhone will likely be pretty bad compared to flagships. Understandable, given the price point.
I was referring to the price of an iPhone 3GS relative to the Nexus 4.
4. phil2n posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:46 0 0
Because he thinks that he is genius by saying that... poor boy
6. fanboy1974 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:52 1 0
Apple does not know how to make a $200 phone. They do but they don't want to sale it for $200.
7. jphillips63 posted on 17 Dec 2012, 18:55 4 0
And the iPhone is what now? Just a freaking iPod touch with a lte radio in it. Apple has really brain washed its followers with minuscule updates as they call revolutionary.
8. downphoenix posted on 17 Dec 2012, 19:12 1 0
cheapest they'll do is 300$, and it will be at least 1 gen behind whatever Ipod Touch there is. So assuming we'll have 6th gen Ipod touch based on 2012 (since apple skipped a year from touch 4 to 5) Iphone 5 tech, the 300$ prepaid will be an Iphone 4s but with LTE (MAYBE), a generation of tech behind the Nexus 4 that is being sold for 300$ and probably 3 generations behind whatever Nexus phone we'll have in 2014 for $250-300.
Namely because Apple wont sacrifice its profit margins.
16. InspectorGadget80 posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:08 0 0
I think this guy is smoking too much. 200$ off contract is he serious?
17. timtimity posted on 18 Dec 2012, 11:27 0 0
I'm not pro or anti Apple (I've got an iPhone but am planning on getting either an S3 or Xperia T at the end of the month), but I can't see it happening as there's no reason for Apple to do so.
It's the fans who dictate Apple's prices. As long as they're in their millions buying Apple products at excessive prices on day one and over the launch weekend for any new product there's no reason for them to sell a lower cost device.