"Apple Girl" who downloaded the 25 billionth app from the App Store, collects prize in Beijing
Ironically, Fu is now being called "Apple girl" in the Chinese media even though she was not a fan of Apple and had owned her Apple iPhone for only 1 month before installing the fateful app. With her $10,000 credit, Chunli Fu visited the Apple Store in Sanlitun and it is unknown if she made any purchases at the time. She did appear interested in an Apple Mac Book Pro.
Apple couldn't have planned the results of the contest any better as it helped promote the tech company in a market that it considers very important. Apple CEO Tim Cook has been engaged in talks with officials in the country supposedly to discuss the next-gen Apple iPhone.
source: Qdqss (translated), M.I.C.Gadget via AppleInsider
1. JGuinan007 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 21:03 8
yeah that was rigged so someone in China would win
2. Astreo posted on 26 Mar 2012, 21:08 4
that would be said no matter where the winner was at.
what does suck is that shes such a newcomer to apple.
8. JeffdaBeat posted on 26 Mar 2012, 21:50 1
Actually, I kind of thought the same thing. Apple's largest audience yet to be fully conquered all of a sudden gets the win...yeah okay.
11. troybuilt posted on 27 Mar 2012, 09:29 1
I agree. This was a setup by Apple because they're struggling with China right now. They needed the positive PR. Anyway, it's Apple, can't expect anything else from a brainwashing company.
3. Allen3697 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 21:14 1
She makes the iPhone and now she gets a bunch of apps :D
7. Bluesky02 posted on 26 Mar 2012, 21:44 1
I thought an American would have win instead of this.
12. EclipseGSX posted on 27 Mar 2012, 10:12 0
why the hell are you typing like that? its f**king annoying
13. bayusuputra posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:16 1
he's a barista, dude.. just discover a way to type that in his phone..
10. _PHug_ posted on 27 Mar 2012, 01:41 4
I don't care about the Apple contest.
I just want to see her choke slam Blanka
14. dejahu posted on 27 Mar 2012, 12:48 0
Pretty hilarious that she didn't even like Apple products prior to winning. Waiting for the update on this news story when she sells this card for $9,000 to China's equivalent of Craig's List.
15. InspectorGadget80 posted on 27 Mar 2012, 14:15 0
shes going to spend all her money on Apple products only. nothing else.