Android developers getting underpaid due to a software glitch
The issue was brought up about two weeks ago and it seems like Google is well aware of it. However, a solution to the problem is still nowhere in sight even though the company has promised to take care of it in a timely manner. What is causing all the troubles is not exactly clear just now, but it looks like Google Checkout is not processing all orders correctly resulting in a number of downloads being marked as shipped, yet the respective developer account does not get credited for that. Nevertheless, it has been confirmed that all developers who got underpaid will have their account balances fixed and will get reimbursed for the missing amount of money.
source: Android Market Forums via Electronista
1. PeterIfromsweden posted on 10 Aug 2011, 06:18 3 6
Go and develop for Samsungapps and bada instead. There you will not get underpaid.
2. yahoooooo (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 06:22 3 3
Perhaps one of the underpaid developers can help google and fix the terribad code?
4. dandirk posted on 10 Aug 2011, 07:37 2 2
This is a big one... once devs leave it will be hard to get them back.
8. protozeloz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 08:14 0 0
don't think is as big deal as long as devs get paid for the money they haven't gotten yet, many apps are considered nice sellers and are giving some decent amount of money I'm personalty mad that they did not find and fix this issue before but its not a reason to leave
9. corps1089 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 08:22 0 0
Well, at least Android Devs can always go to the Amazon App Store.
13. protozeloz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 10:12 0 0
I'll rather have them as far from there as posible
19. corps1089 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 12:27 0 0
Yeah, it would appear the Android Devs share that notion.
5. DROIDX0430 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 07:56 1 0
dandirk... please tell me. Once they leave Google--where are they going? WP7 or Apple......
10. corps1089 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 08:23 0 0
WP7 which is rumored to have better monetization and documented to have better Dev Tools and support
6. DROIDX0430 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 07:58 1 0
Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola all are under Google's control...
Samsung Galaxy S2
Motorola Droid Bionic
LG (i don't know what they are up to) but-- OK Revolution2...
7. Sniggly posted on 10 Aug 2011, 08:07 2 0
Well, the glitch sucks, but it's good to know Google is already trying to fix it.
11. corps1089 posted on 10 Aug 2011, 08:24 0 0
Absolutely. Revenue from the ads in the apps sold is Google's main source of income. I bet they are throwing all resources at this one!
24. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 19:19 0 0
Oh yes, because Foogle's "fixes" have done so much help in the past. [/sarcasm]
12. bucky posted on 10 Aug 2011, 09:16 0 0
not good. Android market is not the same quality as apple app strore. google need to really start putting some more attention into it, so devs are tempted to put bigger budgets into apps.
14. snigglysucks (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 10:32 1 2
Sniggles... you do realize your beloved Googe has been knowingly stealing from their devs with no fix in sight right? They failed to mention it until devs brought it to their attention that they noticed the missing money, then stated it was a known issue. Oh look at you sticking behind your company like a true blue fandroid! Oh wait this isn't an apple article thats why you are acting as if this is no big deal! Google is a saint, keep your liver spotted hands off of her! Oh you beautiful little hypocrite you.
Posted from my Nexus S.
15. duder (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 10:56 0 0
taking bets on who thinks this dude is taco.......
16. duder (unregistered) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:11 0 0
Correction the way this dude talks sounds more like the miz
25. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 19:20 0 0
Oh noes, you figured me out.
17. Sniggly posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:14 0 0
Uh...huh. Between this canary d**k and the guy who created "snaggly," seems I'm gaining some notoreity. I am amused. :)
21. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 14:38 0 2
Sniggly you have to admit that if this was Apple you'd be screaming bloody murder and that Apple is STEALING. Since it's google it's fine. Google is fixing it! You're completely blinded by fanboyism. The sad thing is you actually think that you make well reasoned and well thought out unbiased comments. The reality is you're far from a reasonable commenter on PA.
23. Sniggly posted on 10 Aug 2011, 15:22 0 0
Looking in a mirror, Taco?
If this were Apple, Apple would be denying that the issue exists and that developers should be happy their apps are on the market to begin with.
However, if Apple's response to such an issue was similar to Google's, then I would respect that.
27. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 20:07 0 1
You would not respect it. Apple had a fair response to the antenna issues and you made them out to be criminals.
28. Sniggly posted on 10 Aug 2011, 21:18 0 0
Bulls**t. I've covered this territory before. Pretending an issue doesn't exist, insulting their customers, lying about other companies having the same problem, and finally offering free bumpers for about two months without offering any kind of other fix and never apologizing for the issue does not constitute a fair response.
26. The_Miz posted on 10 Aug 2011, 19:21 0 1
Maybe you should stop making alts and get laid because that's just sad, Sniggles.
29. Sniggly posted on 10 Aug 2011, 22:00 0 0
I actually did get laid earlier, Miz. You should be one to talk about alt accounts, right, Awesome_Miz? :)
18. gallitoking posted on 10 Aug 2011, 11:30 4 1
- a solution to the problem is still nowhere in sight - brilliant!!!!
22. taco50 (banned) posted on 10 Aug 2011, 14:40 0 3
No this is fine. The fact Google is shorting their developers money is not a big deal. Google is a great an innovative company. Apple on the other hand is a POS that use unfair business practices and steal from everyone. No one likes their crappy products because they all suck. All the facts prove this.