Amazon's Jeff Bezos files patent for cloud-powered tablets
1. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
This sounds like a awsome concept, look at amazon, all innovative. Lets see how long it takes to see a prototype of this.
2. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Ignoring the fact that this tablet is charged in the middle of nowhere wirelessly, and the decades of prior art of the thin client...
Yeah, great. Better read up on the Ars comment section about how stupid this patent is
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I sensed a little hint of being a little rude, but I'll ignore that.
Prior art is basically worthless now with the new bill that was passed recently.
5. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
No it isn't. What changed was first to file vs. first to invent. Prior art still matters as it always has. It's a big misconception propagated right here on this site, and also was cleared up in their article a day later.
It's patents like this that shows how utterly fucked up the system is.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Kudos to Amazon because this is actually pretty magnificent in my book.