A deeper Huawei Honor 6 review pops up: specs, design, price, release date and camera samples
The svelte thing about the Huawei Honor 6 is that it sports sturdy aluminum frame, which facilitates heat dissipation - an important feat, considering that Huawei equips the handset with its brand new octa-core Kirin 920 processor that comes with four powerful Cortex-A15 cores, paired with four Cortex-A7 ones, and and embeds a fast Mali-T628 GPU. The chipset also has integrated LTE modem, and theoretically supports up to 300 Mbps download speeds, if your carrier provides those, of course. These specs put Kirin 920 on equal footing with the upcoming Snapdragon 805, and Huawei's boss actually bragged that the company's homegrown processor is even more powerful than Qualcomm's creation, but we'll see about that. Furthermore, the Honor 6 sports 3 GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of storage, expandable via a microSD card, and a 13 MP camera on the back, plus a 5 MP front-facing shooter. The camera module is actually the newest Sony BSI IMX214 sensor, like the one in Oppo Find 7, or the OnePlus One handsets.
A deeper dive into Huawei Honor 6 pops up - specs, design, camera samples
1. Zylam (Posts: 103; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Looks like an iPhone 4 from the back. Looks awesome. Might actually check this out. (if it makes it out to the rest of the world)
12. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I am VERY intrigued by this. It is all glass like the Z2 but smaller. 3gb like the Z2 but cheaper. ONLY PROBLEM? Where can I buy this? Can anyone recommend any import sites that are trusty?
3. robcar (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Jan 2011)
Looks like a random cheap china mobile... unfortunately.
4. AtheK (Posts: 29; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
so the million dollar question, how do we get hold of one, outside china :P
15. Neo_Huang (Posts: 711; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Huawei sells internationally from its websites.
5. Boybawang (Posts: 50; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
Wow! A 5 inch phone with a width close to the new Nokia X2 with 4.3 inch screen!
6. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Dont know why these OEMs come up with these crap custom chipsets...
8. Bondurant (Posts: 155; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Yea enjoy your dead Nexus line or the never obtainable one plus one etc outsourced phones.
Huawei on the other hand spec a heck load of money last year in mastering their own chipset and now its paying off.
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3617; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Dead nexus line? What are you smokin'? And if you want you can buy these POS... Also dont forget to tell your remorse of crappy 1 week experience. Also good luck having resale value LOL.
11. lohis (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
Ur right nexus lines death :) huaweis the future XD have been a huawei customer 4 4 years now and havent been dissapointed even while i have a old model its still only a bit slover thn nexus 5 lol Loolng live huawei!!!!
7. UglyFrank (Posts: 580; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Not exactly on equal footing, the GPU is weaker
14. Ghost04 (Posts: 51; Member since: 03 May 2014)
It probably won't come to Europe and rest of the world . But Huawei will probably manufacture a phone with same type or better spec and launch it in September .
By that time I believe it will get even better .
16. Neo_Huang (Posts: 711; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)
Better than the OnePlus One. Even though its more expensive, it is more compact, has a supposedly better chipset, and will at least be available to buy.
17. rnagic (Posts: 32; Member since: 13 Jul 2014)
Very sexy. Can't wait for the review. Please let us know what US carriers we can hit 4g with?
20. jane.austin (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
i hear about the huawei will public honor 6 plus as last phone in this year,,,