16-year-old claims to have cracked Windows Phone 8
9. eisenbricher posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:17 11 0
His home is 3km from mine!! Now I wanna greet him.
14. Nathan_ingx posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:30 12 1
When the world goes "DIE HARD 4.0", the bad guys will want him!! :D
25. PhenomFaz posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:14 3 0
...unless he's the guy causing it :)
47. iDroid8 posted on 17 Nov 2012, 01:01 1 0
i live in south delhi
any1 who can tell me where and when is the event mentioned in the post and how i can meet him while he's here (in delhi)
29. Droid_X_Doug posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:54 13 2
So much for Ballmer's claims that WP8 was secure....
50. iHarkunwar posted on 19 Nov 2012, 06:18 0 0
I think that Windows Phone 7 was also not secure. Not much devs knew how to use the full potential of the OS but now some are trying their tricks to get into this OS. There was no virus for WP so... it was secure for sure for that time but now it is the time to change ;)
38. -box- posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:34 6 0
Good, we need "ethical hackers" like this to expose (but not exploit) security holes to help the company keep its systems safe.
2. Muhannad posted on 16 Nov 2012, 08:59 30 1
Now I feel bad, I'm 16 too and can't do any of that or even develop and write code.
8. lubba posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:15 22 0
It's ok. Most talented people aren't prodigies. If have the will, dedication, urge, you can become anything.
48. iHarkunwar posted on 17 Nov 2012, 05:03 2 0
I am 14 and I feel alright :P
30. rawkuss posted on 16 Nov 2012, 12:50 2 0
some of of have 10 or 20 years on you. Don't feel bad, you can still learn! haha.
39. -box- posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:41 0 0
I was able to hack and modify Windows 98 when I was 13, and Microsoft gave a free MSDN subscription for life. They even used some of my tweaks in 98 SE (though I didn't get credit or compensation for them, but I probably violated the EULA so no worries). Haven't had much chance to use the subscription of late though.
4. plgladio posted on 16 Nov 2012, 08:59 20 8
Ballmer now shut your mouth and be quiet before commenting other OS's.
24. maxican16 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:11 2 2
You must be one of the FEW. I personally can't believe he's still employed by M$, and what's more, put in the public eye so often!
36. OptimusOne posted on 16 Nov 2012, 14:35 1 0
hey just because a few people cracked doesn't mean it isn't completly uncsecure? just saying
would you agree that blackberry is sevure? well like one person jailbroke it
44. plgladio posted on 16 Nov 2012, 20:25 1 0
Exactly that's what I'm trying to say here, nothing in this world is correct, then why he is blabbering about other OS?
7. eisenbricher posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:12 3 0
I could have done better than to pick my nose when I was 7 :(
10. redmd posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:23 3 0
wow uber nerd FTW! what will he crack when he reaches 30?hmmm
18. lubba posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:47 1 0
He's already cracked. Of all the things he and many other prodigies could do with their gift. You know we live in a large multiverse. If I had there brains I would work hard to build a warp drive, wormhoe or what not to travel the stars, find new discoveries, know where I came from and why I'm here.
11. anirudhshirsat97 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:23 8 0
Being From India, People Being Good With Computers Isn't Surprising. But This Guy Is A Definite Genius. I At 21 Still Find It Hard To Write A Descent Code :(
12. Panta posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:25 0 5
Exactly why I won't ever get a Windows phone. The possibilities of hacking and viruses have always been too great in the past for all of their software.
16. gothicheart posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:45 0 3
haha, that is the funniest, if you want to crack and infect virus on any other os, the whole population in China can do it without even understanding the firmware. To crack a Windows phone, it has to be a "supergenius" from a super intelligent race to do it. And I'm sure you were able to figure that out before even making that comment, how smart of you, genius, tsk tsk...
17. sammyfan posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:45 6 6
Indians rocks..!! Proud to be an Indian and Indians are best..
20. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:08 15 0
no mate theres good and bad from all, none are the best
19. Peter27 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:53 4 0
Shantanu, I have 1 match left in my NHL 2012 league and I need 5 points to progress to knock out system. could you please crack the save for me so I don't have to play it over again? :)
21. digitalw posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:08 3 0
Once i wanted to crak my laptop and i did it! but many peaces left on the floor and I just could not get back the together :P
it's nice to have people like Shantanu Gawde on our planet :)
23. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:50 5 4
Hey Ballmer, what was that about Android being uncontrolled?
27. Rayvelynn posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:30 1 0
Dang no privacy anymore. Nobody's trying to hack a flip phone, maybe I should go back to that kinda phone. smh
28. haseebzahid posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:52 0 0
i know how an indian gets to crack it first cuz windows is mostly coded by indians MS has outsourced it lol
31. iguano posted on 16 Nov 2012, 12:53 1 0
google should hire him... maybe he can help them to make android more fluid... MAYBE.....
32. shuaibhere posted on 16 Nov 2012, 12:56 0 0
Oh... am feeling bad that i chose web developing.....
This kinda stuff sounds cool....
but still am 18, i can jump if i want.....but am hoping do learn more in web developing...
34. Tsepz_GP posted on 16 Nov 2012, 14:09 2 0
22yrs old being owned by a 16yrld in India :( lol, i cant even write an app! I look forward to buying and investing in products and the company he may create.
37. Schuler2828 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:33 2 0
Damn...I thought I was smart cause I rooted my phone and put a custom ROM on it at 13..
40. timtimity posted on 16 Nov 2012, 16:11 1 0
He was a Microsoft Certified Application Developer at the age of 7!!!! I can't even remember if I could tie my shoes myself when I was 7!
42. rusticguy posted on 16 Nov 2012, 17:57 4 0
Hope he is not going to be or is another Ankit Fadia (google for this) .... the guy who claims he is a hacker cum security expert and i guess a M$ certified pro and a media hyped whizkid but couldn't secure his own website from Pakistani hackers ... oh yes I am an Indian in India and saying this ... :)
His site gets hacked again and again ....http://tech2.in.com/news/gener
And he is a self proclaimed security expert :D
46. No_Nonsense posted on 16 Nov 2012, 20:28 0 0
Exactly, we don't have a dearth of people like this,
43. NaRFL posted on 16 Nov 2012, 20:01 1 0
Just cracked window surface n now have to pay for maintenance fee.