iPhone 13 mini vs. iPhone 13: Size matters!2
The good news is that the iPhone 13 mini lives to see another day. For all the fans of ultra-compact flagship phones, the iPhone 12 mini was а dream incarnate, and now we've got its rightful heir.
Today we’re gonna compare the iPhone 13 mini and the iPhone 13 in search of answers. What are the main differences? Are they big enough to sway the scales and justify a buying decision? Read on to find out!
You can pre-order the iPhone 13 mini and the iPhone 13 here:
iPhone 13 mini vs iPhone 13 at a glance:
- 5.4-inch vs 6.1-inch, 60Hz display refresh rate on both
- 12 MP/F1.6 wide angle + 12MP/F2.4 ultra wide angle on both, 2x optical zoom
- A15 Bionic chipset on both
- Bigger battery on the iPhone 13
- $699 vs $799 for the 128GB version
Display and Design
- Smaller notch on both (20%)
- iPhone 13 mini – 5.4-inch display at a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels (476 PPI, 60Hz)
- iPhone 13 – 6.1-inch display at a resolution of 1170 x 2532 pixels (460 PPI, 60Hz)
The display size difference between the iPhone 13 mini and the regular iPhone 13 remains the same. 5.4 inches for the mini versus 6.1 inches on the regular iPhone 13. The biggest omission here is the ProMotion tech from the bigger siblings. While the iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max can do 10Hz to 120Hz display refresh rates, the iPhone 13 mini and the regular iPhone 13 are stuck with the old school 60Hz display refresh rate.
The brightness of both displays has been bumped up from 625 nits (iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12) to 800 nits, while the HDR brightness remains the same - 1200 nits on both the iPhone 13 mini and iPhone 13. Both phones have the same display tech inside, the only difference being the size. So, if you opt to go for the iPhone 13 mini, you won't sacrifice anything besides screen estate.
Battery and charging
- Video playback: Up to 17 hours vs Up to 19 hours
- Video playback (streamed): Up to 13 hours vs Up to 15 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 55 hours vs Up to 75 hours
Apple didn't disclose the exact numbers regarding the battery capacity during the official announcement, but the company did say that the overall battery life has been improved both in the iPhone 13 mini and the regular iPhone 13 compared to the previous generation (1.5 hours and 2.5 hours longer respectively).
On the other hand, fast charging is still not that fast, capping at 20W on both the iPhone 13 mini and the regular 12. The MagSafe technology is present on both phones with stronger magnets and wireless charging, so no big difference on that front.
- 12 MP/F1.6 wide angle + 12MP/F2.4 ultra wide angle on both
- Sensor-shift optical image stabilization
Performance and features
- Apple A15 bionic chipset on both
- 128GB base storage