LG V35 ThinQ User Reviews

Dawne924 posted on May 14, 2019, 10:55 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 14, 2019

Nearly the perfect smartphone

Dawne924 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Although on paper it may seem like only a minor upgrade over the V30, in everyday use it is really much better than that.

The cameras alone are reason enough to get one over the V30, or even the G7, due to it's lack of a notch while still having really minimal bezels.

The rear wide-angle 13mp camera from the V30 was replaced with the much more capable 16mp lens from the G7. This means you get a very competent portrait mode without losing the utility and drama of that wide-angle lens LG has been noted for.

The front camera is also much improved, dropping the inferior 5 MP lens from the V30 in favor of an 8 MP selfie camera, same as the G7.

They dropped the useless Q-Lens from the V30 in favor of the much better Google Lens, which I have found far more accurate and useful. They also must have tweaked the software, because even the main lens seems to take much better photos on the V35 than the V30, though I believe they are the same.

Also included is the useful Google Feed, whereas on the V30 all you get is the very useless Smart Bulletin. Also, unlike the G7, there's no hardware button for Google Assistant, which I prefer.

Inside, there's 6 GB of ram, a noticeable bump from the V30's 4 GB, and the better SD 845 chip instead of the older 835. The UI, although it runs 8.0 just like the V30, is still much better and smoother in my opinion. Maybe that's a carrier issue, as my V30 was from T-Mobile and my V35 is from AT&T.

The last thing, which I think should really be a bigger...

Pros

• Excellent cameras, beautiful large display, great solid build, amazing 32 bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC

Cons

• Terrible loudspeaker, average at best battery life

Dawne924 alternatives:

NJenney posted on Sep 21, 2018, 9:16 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Sep 21, 2018

NJenney has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Honestly, I don't have much complaints for the v35. The battery life is amazing! It lasts the whole day even 2 days sometimes as I recall (Probably not). The camera is great, beats the old v10 I had in terms of videos and camera. The microphone is also great, clear and loud great for discord. Its fast and easy to use. I have to complain that it only has 64 gigs of storage... About the same as my V10 where I ran out of them quickly (I record a lot of video). Also the phone is too quiet, I can't hear some stuff without earrapeing myself (putting speaker against ear) or wearing earphones. Making calls and receiving is ok, so no complaints there (I don't have a SIM card anymore, my dad took it away.) I always have a case, so i can't rate although the screen has a lotta microscratches as my dad says. That's it.

Fine, but lots of scratches on screen before protecter was there
It's good.
Its fine.
Internet is fast.
Can play all sorts of stuff including .wav .mid and other music.
It's great.
Good, but I found some glitches to have fun with.
I always check for notification for Insta, yt, discord.
Google voice is good, and typing is great.
Idk if oled or LCD, but it's good.
Lasts the whole day.

Pros

• Almost everything

Cons

• Quiet speaker
  • Little storage