Wednesday's News BitsThis article contains unofficial information.
- Orange is said to have gained the exclusive rights to offer the HTC Hero. The Android phone was already expected to come with the carrier, but information about the release date and pricing was missing. And it still is!
- A new app for BlackBerry allows you to send e-mails and documents to fax. It is called FACSys and is developed by emFAST. The application is available for purchase on App World.
- Yet another Palm Pre has been spotted… not that there’s something wrong with that, but it would be better if it had been spotted in our office.
- A video of some guy performing a quick video hands-on of the Pre has been published, so go ahead and check it out. What are your impressions?
- LG has released a program that will allow you to update your phone’s firmware. While this sounds really cool, it would be nice if LG had actually released some firmware update along with it.
source: AreaMobile (translated)
- Sprint has collected more than 250,000 phones, a goal that had been set up in order to support EPA’s "Plug-In To eCycling National Cell Phone Recycling Week". Bravo!