OnePlus 3 and 3T gain new launcher, many optimizations in the latest OxygenOS update
The updates keep coming for the OnePlus 3 and 3T, and even the newest flagship killer, the OnePlus 5, received two updates since its market release less than two weeks ago.
OxygenOS Open Beta 19 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 10 for the OnePlus 3T have similar changelogs, which means these updates bring the same new features and improvements to both smartphones.
Among the highlights of the update, it's worth mentioning the new OnePlus Launcher 2.1, which includes new functionalities and enhancements. For example, the launcher now supports dynamic icons of Weather and Calendar, as well as a grid layout that remains the same regardless of the display size changes.
Also, the launcher version info is now visible under the settings. Some UI improvements during widget selection have been implemented as well, along with the option to access icon pack resources on the Google Play directly under the launcher settings.
OnePlus has added search history records in the app drawer, displaying the five most recent apps on the first row. Lastly, all new apps that you install will now be tagged with a blue dot so that you can see them much easier at first glance.
The latest OxygenOS Open Beta brings a couple of other additions into the mix, along with optimizations that should contribute to the phone's overall performance.
- Added an option to display battery status of connected Bluetooth devices;
- Added OnePlus widget (Not usable on Shelf);
- Email address recognition within the text message contents;
- Size of clock widget is now adjustable;
- Updated UI style for Clock.
- Smart Callback works better;
- Incoming call animations redesigned;
- OnePlus font optimizations for select languages;
- Compatibility optimizations for various Bluetooth devices;
The update is pushed OTA (over the air) to all OnePlus 3 and 3T devices that have an OxygenOS Open Beta build installed. Otherwise, you will have to migrate to the Beta channel to start receiving these Open Beta updates.