July security update not installing on the Pixel, but Google is working on a fix
The update that weighs in at around 60MB is supposed to fix critical bugs and improve performance and stability of the operating system. Unfortunately, if you have a Pixel phone, there's a high chance that you'll be met with an error message saying that there's an installation problem that prevents the update from installing on the handset.
Since many Pixel owners have taking it to Google's Product Forums, the search giant has already confirmed it has acknowledged the problem and it's already working on a fix. Hopefully, the issue will be fixable without a factory reset.
If you don't have a Pixel phone, you can go ahead and download the OTA files or factory images containing the July security update, if you don't want to wait for it to arrive on your device.
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 12.3 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, Quad-core, 2150 MHz
- Storage 128 GB
- Battery 2770 mAh(26h talk time)
Posts: 312; Member since: Jan 06, 2016
posted on Jul 05, 2017, 10:23 PM 1
Posts: 351; Member since: May 25, 2014
posted on Jul 06, 2017, 1:58 AM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):