Backup issues are affecting some Google Pixel and Pixel XL phones
According to various Pixel and Pixel XL users, their devices have trouble backing up data like SMS, call history, apps, and so on - there's a "Waiting to backup" status that won't go away no matter what, as seen in the screenshot on the left.
As of this week, Google is still "actively looking" into the backup issue. Hopefully, a fix will be found soon. Meanwhile, you may not even know that your Pixel isn't properly backing up your data. Fortunately, you can manually check to see if things are all right in this regard by going to Settings -> Backup and Reset -> Backup.
sources: Google Forums, Reddit via Android Police
1920 x 1080 pixels
12.3 MP (Single camera)
8 MP front
- Hardware Qualcomm Snapdragon 821, 4GB RAM
- Storage 128GB, not expandable
- Battery 2770 mAh
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):