Apple iPhone 4s User Reviews

Call quality8.1/10
Battery7.1/10
Display8.2/10

bobert1717
posted on 20 Apr 2014, 19:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Apr 2014)

Awesome phone

bobert1717 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Great all around phone for every day. Amazing camera super super fast, awesome apps paid and free. Beautiful display and colours, super fast on internet. Superb crisp sound and virtually every song i can think of available. I've dropped it hundreds of times and over time it has still held up physically and virtually. Overall it is the best phone I've ever had.

dlaxer47
posted on 12 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)

don't even think about it

dlaxer47 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

IPhones suck and I can't believe I dropped 200 on the iPhone 4 plus siri, worst purchase of my life... the screen is tiny and the colors are horrible. Ios is a jail. Hense the term jailbreak .. and whose idea was it to put glass on the part that gets dropped on the most??

Pros

• cute

Cons

• small
  • ios is bad

Ashoaib
posted on 26 Feb 2014, 14:38 (Posts: 1213; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)

worst phone I ever had

Ashoaib has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The worst phone, I ever owned... I purchased it due to iphone's foolish hype.. slowly slowly I began to realise this phone is nothing then just a hype... before I was badly disappointed with nokia C7...

Everyday usage 1/10 Receiving calls n sms is ok... but this hugely expensive phone is not suppose to be good for this purpose only....
Text input 1/10 Due to very small screen, it is easy to make mistakes
Display 1/10 Bcoz it is a very small display

miki298
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 12:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)

miki298 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a great phone,but the thing i hate the most is the lack of SD card and non removable battery,but the thing i hate the most is iOS 7.You are forced to upgrade sooner or later,but with iOS 6 the phone is awsome.The camera is great,so are the speakers,the mic is fantastic,the build quality is fenomenal,the phone is awsome

Call quality 9/10 The call quality is good but it's not perfect
Text input 10/10 The keyboard is so comfortable to use
Display 9/10 The display is amazing,wish it was a little bigger though
Battery 7/10 i have iOS 7 installed and the battery stinks,i used iOS 6 for a couple of days and the battery is good but with iOS 7 its awfull

Pros

• Build quality
  • Loud speakers
  • Fast
  • Stable
  • Great display (326 ppi)
  • Amazing Camera
  • Siri
  • Bluetooth 4.0

Cons

• No microSD card
  • non removable battery
  • battery lasts short(but with iOS 7)
  • OS isn't customizable like Android
  • lack of bluetooth sharing

Davpo
posted on 07 Nov 2013, 14:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)

IMMAPC

Davpo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just agreeing with IMMAPC I bought the 4s and really luv it. Then I tried out the 5C in a shop. I liked the bigger screen. Ok, it doesnt really make a lot of difference, other than allowing you to see one or two more items more. So then I was actually able to handle the 5C Like, not with the safety clip attached. But actually hold the phone in my hand. That was when I turned back to the 4S The 4S is far more enjoyable to hold. It becomes part of your hand. It made the 5C feel like a larger boat in a smaller river. Sort of akward. Almost cumbersome. After all, whatever you are doing on the phone, you always have to hold it. So that should be one of the prime factors, and one of the personal things, between you and the phone. In this respect and in comparison wit the larger screen 5c, the 4s is unique and wins on design points. Yay.

Pros

• excellent design, perfect `holding` phone
  • able to use one handed.

Cons

• battery life. But that is a niggle not really a problem

Dangerfield
posted on 29 Oct 2013, 06:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)

Still Great!

Dangerfield has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Build quality is outstanding for those people who want to use smartphones even with just one hand. Despite other smartphones having amazingly bigger screens, for me, a phone such as this that fits well in your pocket and that you can control with just one hand is what I can say practical. As to its glass body, well, just a buy a case particularly OB to protect your iPhone well.

As for the reception and call quality, I can say that the iPhone 4S is not the king. There are other smartphones better in that field. The iPhone 4S sometimes struggles to build a better reception, and as a consequence, affects the call quality.

The internet is good. Whether Wi-fi or data, the iPhone 4S really has a great connection. Its browser is also smooth especially in iOS7 which has a better UI.

What I hate about the iPhone is that users can not share files such as music via bluetooth. If you want a smartphone where you can share files via bluetooth, you may want to look for other phones.

The camera is still at its best. With an 8-megapixel camera that shoots 1080p videos, you'll never regret buying this phone. The iPhone 4S features realistic colors after capturing an image. But if you like phones with over-saturated colors of the photos taken, buy other phones.

UI speed is great except with the iOS 7 upgrade particularly in the messages app when the keyboard is open and you try to rotate the screen. That sucks.

Over all, this is a great phone if you like to keep things simple yet elegant.

Pros

• Pretty much everything except the cons

Cons

• No file sharing via bluetooth with other phones
  • Glass body, but you can buy various cases for it

Dangerfield alternatives:

davo12
posted on 25 Oct 2013, 14:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)

To IMMAPC

davo12 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just read the review of ImmaPC. has said everything I would have said. Especially about the feel of the iphone 4s in the hand. Even with the larger screen of the 5 or 5s,I found the feel of the phone, wasnt as unique as the Iphone 4s.

Build quality 10/10 I including design, feel of the phone in the hand , weight, balance and that certain something. Ok, it maybe would not fare to well if dropped onto concrete. But still feels fresh to handle, and to hold, and to use, as it did the first day I got it. Is all.
Reception 9/10 havnt found any real problems
Call quality 9/10 no probs so far
Internet 8/10 works well, and speedy, but sometimes slightly awkward to navigate, but that is only a small niggle
Multimedia 9/10 I liked itunes. Apps and music have everything I want, and more besides.
Camera 9/10 Not a camera person, but it takes good quality pics, and so easy to upload them to different places
UI speed 9/10 Fast, or so I think
Everyday usage 8/10 I put eight for this, as further down the line I will have had more time with this phone, to judge
Text input 9/10 Love it
Display 9/10 brilliant,
Battery 7/10 lowest score, battery life is ok, but ...... given all the other quality, I can live with it just fine

Pros

• most everything, except battery life

Cons

• probably fragile, (ie dropped) battery life

21babydoll12
posted on 18 Oct 2013, 22:08 (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)

Best IPHONE design to date

21babydoll12 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I still have this phone. I actually collected the white one too. Black looks the best. But the build. WOW. Glass on glass is sultry. Love IT. Display is one of the best for its size. Only out matched by the Xperia S with its insane PPI. The phone itself has handle all my girly tantrum. And we go through A LOT. My every weekender phone. Cant live without until my battery started to lose is charge too quickly after idle. User experience is limited but I've learned to live with it. This means I avoid iTunes. The Phone rarely lagged and I apperciated the underground support for iOS. The responsiveness of the screen is the best. I cant find any other manufacture that can match the input text feel that this phone had. The display response is very sharp and snappy. But the limitations of iOS is a turn off. I want freedom to access my property and not APPLES. WIFI and bluetooth suck after 2 years. This phone is a work of art. But the quality of internal build sucks.

Multimedia 2/10 Please apple, let me free. I want to do what ever I want to my files

Pros

• That blonde bombshell look

ImmaPC
posted on 19 Sep 2013, 19:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)

Apple's High Point

ImmaPC has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The iPhone 4s what definitely Apple's most brilliant creation ever. This is the phone that raised the bar to entirely new levels. Maybe even levels that they themselves wont ever be able to reach. With the sleek, eye grasping style and the new addition of Siri, this phone blasted itself miles ahead of its rivals. And as it did this, it took our expectations with it. The 4s has definitely made Apple what it is today.

This phone runs very smooth and is probably the most user friendly device out there. It's very comfortable to hold and fun to use. And on top of that, you get reception nearly everywhere. I can't remember the last time that I haven't had service, and I live in Kansas.

Now that the 5 has been out for awhile and the 5s and 5c have been revealed, I can compare the 4s to what was supposed to make it a thing of the past. Let me put it like this. If someone were to lay the 4s, the 5, and the 5s and 5c in front of me and give me a choice as to which one I would take, I would take the 4s. This phone is still, in my opinion, the best phone out there. I have used the 5 and it doesn't have the same feel as the 4s and I assume that the 5s is going to be the same way.

If you are wanting to switch to the iPhone, I would strongly suggest getting the 4s. It's going to be almost free with a two year contract and it is still at the top. This phone will not disappoint.

Build quality 7/10 The glass looks cool... but lets be realistic.
Reception 10/10 I have reception everywhere I go with this phone, but this might be because I'm with Verizon.
Call quality 7/10 The quality is still not as clear as I would like it to be. Voices still get muffled and hard to understand.
Internet 8/10 Safari works great, it's just a little slow for my liking.
Multimedia 10/10 Simply outstanding.
Camera 7/10 The iPhone camera can be a little misleading. When you take a picture and view it on the iPhone screen, it looks flawless... but only until you get it on a computer. When you get the picture out to its full dimensions, the quality goes down the drain. It's nowhere near as clear and crisp on a computer as it is on the iPhone.
UI speed 9/10 This phone is pretty speedy, but not quite up to "Flash" status.
Everyday usage 10/10 Once again. Simply outstanding.
Text input 9/10 The touch screen is very, very accurate. I came from a device where the touch screen was pretty sketchy, so I was a little skeptical. But this touch screen turned out to be flawless, except for those moments when the phone would lag out.
Display 10/10 Everything looked absolutely beautiful on this screen.
Battery 7/10 I'm a battery freak. I want to get the most out of my device. I make sure that my battery dies all the way before I charge it and I let it charge completely before I unplug it to get the most I can while I'm on the go. Even though I did this, the battery still didn't last as long as I would have liked. I found myself having to adapt my life to the battery life of this phone, which wasn't that huge of a deal... but still...

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • Very user friendly
  • Great specs
  • Amazing reception
  • Comfortable screen size

Cons

• Short battery life
  • Glass body

the_tech_squad
posted on 30 May 2013, 02:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 May 2013)

This is a fast and user friendly phone but lacks the customization of android

the_tech_squad has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has gone under out testing for over a year now and we had decided that the phones is fast and user friendly phone but lacks the customization of android witch is needed in this day and age or is it?

belieber1996
posted on 27 May 2013, 09:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 May 2013)

Pretty Impressive

belieber1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The iPhone 4S is an ideal phone for everyday use. The processor, display, and the latest iOS gives it an updated, yet refined feel. The dimensions of this phone are pretty solid with aluminum and glass, so I would recommend getting a case of this phone in case you drop it. 16 GB built in isn't too bad, just try not to take too many selfies or videos with the stunning 8 MP Camera. The front facing VGA Camera can look grainy at times, though with video calls I had no difficulty. Music, gaming, and web browsing are quite snappy, and I found little trouble accommodating with it. The battery life of the iPhone is quite impressive if you know how to utilize it throughout the day. I've gained an accustom to the 3.5" Retina display, which is quite sharp if you ask me. The onscreen keyboard I have no problem typing with, since the phone cradles in my hand quite perfectly. Call quality is my only trouble, especially over wifi, in which the reception can be quite hard to obtain. Overall, I would highly recommend this phone to anyone who is interested in buying one, as I am giving this one away and going with a larger android phone.

Pros

• Apple A5 Dual-Core Processor
  • 8 MP Camera
  • Retina Display
  • High PPI (pixels per inch)
  • Ideal for Gaming

Cons

• Front Facing VGA Camera
  • A Bit Fragile
  • Screen could be Larger

ChuckAzEee1
posted on 12 May 2013, 17:56 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 May 2013)

Perhaps one of the best phone Apple ever came out with.

ChuckAzEee1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

A excellent phone despite the current iPhone 5 upgrade. Eventually this phone will no longer be able to handle the upcoming iOS upgrades. Apple came out with one of the best phones which truly trumped the 4 version in both battery and quality.

Build quality 8/10 A durable phone in comparison to the newer thinner iPhone 5.
Reception 8/10 Working in Manhattan, the taller buildings obscure the phone signal.
Multimedia 9/10 Apple's iOS is perhaps the best even for this older model phone.
Camera 7/10 Back camera s awesome, the frontal is substandard.
Display 7/10 The display could be a bit larger but it OS suffice.

Ido-Mobile
posted on 16 Apr 2013, 07:07 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)

The best smartphone I've ever had. Well, it's also the first one...

Ido-Mobile has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

As my first smartphone, after a couple of Samsung devices, one from the Stone Age, the other a crappy resistive-touchscreen one, the iPhone 4S set quite a high bar for my next handset. Its display is by all means great -- better than all of its competitos at the time -- but it's just too small. It's fast, and still runs most games like it did when it was launched, but if you buy one now, don't expect it to last more than a year without seeing hiccups (given you update your software and actually do stuff that aren't built into the OS), if my parents' iPhone 4 devices are any indication. Oh, and if you want a beatifully-designed phone, either pass on the 4S or shop for a good-looking case, unless spider-web-shaped shatters are your thing.
Considering the Galaxy S III is basically in the same price range by now, don't buy the iPhone 4S.

Build quality 7/10 It's gorgeous, really, and the materials are very premium feeling. But what's the point of having premium materials, if they basically have to be hidden by a case, just to make sure they don't shatter?
Reception 10/10 Have not had any issues throughout my entire use period with the phone. The lack of LTE doesn't bother me at all, as there's no such network operating in my country.
Call quality 9/10 It is a great phone, not only smart. It handles my rare phone calls quite easily, though I would've liked the speakerphone to be a bit louder.
Internet 9/10 Performs perfectly, but the 3.5-inch screen is too small for prolonged web-browsing sessions. Whenever I need to use the browser for over 5 minutes, I just wait until I get home to work with a larger display.
Multimedia 8/10 The music player is absolutely phenomenal. It's easy to use, and with iOS 6, it also looks great. Sound output from the speaker is sufficient - not more than that. The video player is fairly capable, but then again, how often will you watch a video on a 3.5-inch display?
Camera 10/10 Flawless. 'nuff said.
UI speed 10/10 It's absolutely fast at performing every task. There are little-to-no hiccups when it comes to performance.
Everyday usage 10/10 So good, even my toddler cousin figures out how to use it. iOS feels as though it's behind the curve, but there's no denying it's the easiest mobile OS to use, and its baked-in core applications are comprehensive.
Text input 10/10 The keyboard is great, arguably the best software keyboard of all.
Display 8/10 Incredibly sharp and detailed, but it's small. Way too small...
Battery 7/10 It gets me through an entire school-day, but whenever I need it from the morning through 7 or 8 pm, without access to a charger, I have to disable key functions (such as 3G, and depend on the slower GPRS network) just so it can hold on, barely.

Ido-Mobile alternatives:

Clement97
posted on 03 Apr 2013, 11:37 (Posts: 3; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)

I love it

Clement97 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It has a very responsive UI and an elegant design combined with a superb camera and build quality.It has Siri that really works. It also has top notch call quality.The iPhone is also a platform for thousands of games and other apps.Also as the updates are directly given out by Apple,you will get an update at the instant the update is released.

Pros

• superb build quality
  • cool design
  • the best camera on a phone
  • small dimensions..easy for one hand use

Cons

• lacks NFC

Clement97 alternatives:

mikaiil
posted on 07 Jan 2013, 09:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)

iPhone 4s review

mikaiil has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

its a good phone overall but the glass back makes it delicate if you drop it i would recommend buying a supportive case with the phone. the camera is very good great for out door and indoor photos. the battery life is good if u like to listen to music, but for playing games the battery dies out pretty fast. in general its a pretty good phone and you can use it for many things such as school to take notes and for work. the touch screen is great by my perspective, it doesn't lag when you type. as for reception, it depends on which provider your with, i would recommended rogers because it has good plans for iPhones and its a north American company so you would have decent reception every where

Build quality 10/10 its a strong phone and it has a nice gloss to it
Reception 10/10 depending on the provider
Call quality 10/10 the speaker and microphone are both good quality

Pros

Cons

• batery

mikaiil alternatives:

hassamrehmat
posted on 03 Jan 2013, 05:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)

Above Average

hassamrehmat has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

it is a good cell phone for every day usage as it is a compact and easy to fit in a pocket. Although comparing it with its rivals, a bigger screen could have been better.It has an awesome camera and great multimedia experience.

Pros

Cons

• Small screen size

Genius35
posted on 01 Jan 2013, 10:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)

awesome

Genius35 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

phone that ave amazing specifications like cameram, SIRI, screen, internet browser, iOS and muc, much more. At first i fancyed android, but when i tried tihs iPhone at the store i buyed it and I am suprised.

• iOS
  • screen
  • design
  • speed

Cons

• nothing...

Genius35 alternatives:

ricky_nguyen
posted on 28 Dec 2012, 17:42 (Posts: 4; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)

Love My iPhone 4S

ricky_nguyen has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have had this phone for over a year and it gets the job done i'm just waiting until november of 2013 and I thinking of upgrading to the iPhone 5 and giving my 4S to my little brother

I love the design of this phone because the apps fit perfectly

You can choose different cases for your style

Pros

• Good to use
  • nice interface
  • no dropped calls
  • no static on keyboard

Lily97
posted on 17 Dec 2012, 03:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)

Made the leap from Android OS to iOs and don't regret it at all! Love my new iPhone 4S.

Lily97 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After going into my local Carphone Warehouse (store in UK that sells phones from all networks), and seeing & holding an active iPhone 4S, I knew that was to be that phone I was going to upgrade to. My phone prior to the iP4S was a Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: decent phone but due to lots of use/ things being stored on it was very laggy.

One of the best things about an iPhone is the build. It just feels great: not too heavy, or chunky, and not too light. Compared to other top-range phones, such as the S2, or S3 which has a focus on being light, it feels much better. I have handled both the iP4S and S3 and can definetely say that the S3 feels quite cheap. If you take the back casing of it is very flexible, and although feels OK in the hand, doesn't quite have the same great feel of the iPhone range.

The reception is great and no calls are ever dropped. My signal bars always stay on 4 bars, which is excellent. Call quality is great and people on the other end sometimes comment on how clear my voice sounds, which is quite pleasing.

The internet is great. It loads up really fast & with an 750MB data allowance I can make the most of it.

I actually use my iPod to listen to music, but wanted to transfer all my music to my phone for convenience. The iPhone 4S was the obvious choice, as all my music was on iTunes and I love the way the iPhone music option is set out.

The camera is great & now the fact you can record videos in HD is fantastic, although I rarely record videos (never have,...

Build quality 10/10 Really nice build quality.
Reception 10/10 Great reception!
Call quality 10/10 Call quality is clear - both ways.
Internet 10/10 Safari is easy to use & love it.
Multimedia 10/10 Love the music bit!
Camera 8/10 Really good camera both front & back. Great front camera for FaceTime. Just slight worry about photos taking up more space but I guess that is a price to pay.
UI speed 10/10 Good UI.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great for everyday usage.

Pros

• Everything!

Cons

• Nothing, honest.

bobbysolsbery
posted on 05 Dec 2012, 20:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)

Great

bobbysolsbery has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great iphone I think it's better then the 5 I think that the 5 is to long and way to thin it feels like it sinks to your hand....I had the 5 but then I went back to 4S (I'm kinda rich not very but a little) I think that the best feauture is the camera it's amazing and everything else is epic if you have the 4S stay with it but yeah great phone

• Graphics
  • Great size
  • Siri
  • Network
  • Everything else

Cons

• Nothing...

yuandarren
posted on 18 Oct 2012, 17:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)

iPhone 4S (WHITE VERSION)

yuandarren has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I really love my iPhone 4S. There's so many features and it really helps me in everyday life, I can use it to reserve spots in restaurants and check movie listings. It's made out of great quality materials and is built extremely well, the only thing I dislike about it is the easily shattered glass back (I have a few friends who have dropped theirs on the gym floor and shattered their iPhones). Now the iPhone 5 has an aluminium back which is supposedly more durable, I look forward to trying it out. The screen quality on the 4S is great, its extremely clear and the colors are amazing! When I take photos, the clarity is just jaw-dropping with the hi definition pictures and video. SIRI is really useful, and now after the iOS 6 has been released, it's even better than before. Overall, the iPhone 4S is a really good phone, and if you want a smartphone that can do a lot of things to make your life easier, the iPhone is the way to go. If you don't have enough money for the iPhone 5, go for the 4S. There isn't really much difference unless you REALLY REALLY want the 4G speeds and the bigger screen. I hope my review helped and I wish you all the best with your iPhone :)

Darren

Pros

• Great Build!
  • Looks great.

Cons

• Kinda heavy
  • Easily shattered

magdpm
posted on 05 Sep 2012, 15:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)

Prefer androids, but the Iphone does not suck!!

magdpm has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I resisted iphones for a few years. And I will return this one today. It is great for women.... maybe kids. However, I am used to android and the quirks that go with it. I can appreciate the attention to detail, over at apple, making smooth screen transitions, a superior screen, sharp casing. My calls have been clear and I have not had any dropped calls, even on roads where I always drop calls.
My last phone was an evo and the charge port died requiring soldering or external battery charging. This turns out to be a pervasive issue, pushing me to the iphone and it's heralded build quality. It works well, but Not mind blowingly better. It is a bit too small. It does freeze up occassionally. The battery holds up well, but not as good as my fellow iphone users lead me to believe. Speakers are better than the Evo4G. Camera is superb for a cell phone. Multi tasking seemed adequate for me, running music and GPS or internet. Predictive text works fairly well. However, I cannot get my large fingers into the keyboard properly. Despite good predictive text accuracy, it takes me at least twice as long to create a message on iphone vs swyping on the evo4G. I did run into a few issues with the lack of flash. None of which is a deal breaker individually.
So why return it? I like a big screen, a large phone in the hand, swype and flash. I will probably trade in for the galaxy II or maybe III, I won't go back to HTC unless they improve quality control. I have heard that if...

Build quality 9/10 Looks elegant
Reception 9/10 No dropped calls, but nothing spectacular about the sound quality.
Internet 8/10 Sometimes fine, sometimes slower than evo on wifi in my house.
Display 7/10 it is nice, but too small

Pros

• Camera, looks nice
  • reception was better than prior reviews.

Cons

• Screen size, keyboard size, lack of flash.
  • Battery drains just as fast as every other phone, once you really start using it.

duqdhguu
posted on 20 Aug 2012, 21:51 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)

A bit underwhelmed

duqdhguu has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I like the look of the iPhone, and I was drawn in by Siri. However, the iPhone is pretty delicate and I ended up getting a case for it, which makes it bulky and without a bigger screen to compensate.

Siri is basically useless. Sure I can "call home" or "search for George Washington" but I could do those things faster myself. Siri is can't help me with any of the more complicated commands.

It's pretty bad to type on, but I guess that's because I was used to physical keyboards. It also has poor reception, even compared to my friends on the same carrier! I like the UI overall, pretty smooth, but there are just some things I want to do that it can't do. I was trying to change my homepage, but apparently you can't, it has to be the first screen of apps.

Oh, and it was pretty pricey, not sure if I would want to shell out that much money again. Might go with a cheaper carrier (Virgin Mobile $35 a month unlimited data+text?!) and a cheap Blackberry/Android phone.

Build quality 5/10 I like the metal and glass, but that's about it. Cracks pretty easily
Reception 3/10 Might just be the network in my area, but I drop calls more than I should, and I never get reception when my friends do, sometimes even when the have the same provider.
Call quality 4/10 Let's just say I didn't buy the phone to just make calls or else I would have bought a reliable ol' dumbphone.
Camera 5/10 Decent rear camera, poor front-facing camera.
UI speed 4/10 Sometimes it's very zippy, but sometimes it lags and goes awfully slow at times. Might be because it overheats unlike my iPad.
Everyday usage 3/10 Really not thrilled.
Text input 2/10 God, I came from a Blackberry and I have the hardest time adjusting. The iPad is a lot better since it has larger keys.
Display 4/10 Not too shabby, but it could definitely be bigger and maybe a bit brighter.
Battery 2/10 Did I get sold the crappy phone or what? A lot of other reviews say good battery life, but mine often doesn't even make it through a school day.

Pros

• Looks pretty
  • UI is usually quite smooth
  • Camera is decent
  • iCloud is useful

Cons

• Some bugs with apps
  • Reception isn't great
  • Battery life is terrible
  • Display is a bit small
  • Siri is a terrible to use
  • Weak front camera

DJSlaughter
posted on 17 Aug 2012, 20:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)

Lots and Lots of bugs and glitches

DJSlaughter has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

When I heard I was getting the 4s I got excited!!!! it was everything i hoped and more. But things got crazy new years of 2012. It started deleting my yahoo emails on its own 1 by 1 right in front of me. I reset it, reset the email and all was well until it updated to iOS 5.1.1., then it got crazy again. It started deleting my yahoo contacts 1 by 1 and doing other weird crap to my contacts like putting weird numbers in place of email addresses and deleting pictures off the contact info. I orginally had 457 contacts on my phone, now I have 361 contacts. So I restore the phone via itunes and that problem was rectified...but i still only have 361 contacts. Now 2 weeks later, THE SOUND IS ACTING STRANGE. The volume button on my music and videos go out which means no audio!!! I cant hear my alerts or anything...and my phone is not on vibrate. There are way too many bugs with iphone and im not impressed with this phone at all. Its not what its hyped up to be...stay away from apple!!! Get android!!! As soon as my contract is up im going to boost mobile and getting the HTC

Pros

• smartphone

Cons

• Way too many bugs
  • Bad internet reception
  • constanly needs resetting
  • usese 3g only

herpaderp
posted on 14 Aug 2012, 03:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)

Would never recommend

herpaderp has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This Iphone was defiantly not worth the wait in line just so I could get it. If anything, I would return it if I could but now the best I could do with it is sell it on ebay or something. This iphone is nearly identical to it's predecessor (the iphone 4) except for slightly better speed, a much better camera, and a fix to the terrible signal that came before the 4S. I think that the OS is too simplistic for anyone over the age of 14 and gets boring after the first few days.

Build quality 1/10 The glass can easily break/scratch, and it is slippery without a case
Reception 2/10 Even though the reception has improved from the iphone 4 "just don't hold it that way", it is still not something better than the other smartphones out on the market.
Call quality 3/10 The call quality is not too great.
Internet 1/10 The web browser is not something that apple should be proud of. They chose not to include flash just for the hell of it, making you have to download an app for every web page you want to view fully, and then stuffing you with their "ad center" so that you could pay a dollar to remove the ads.
Multimedia 1/10 You are locked into only using itunes, which I absolutely hate.
Camera 4/10 Good camera, but far from the best in comparison to other smartphones, not just because of image quality, but because of the limited software capabilities of the stock camera app.
UI speed 2/10 UI is smooth, but not as smooth as android 4.1 jellybean. Furthermore I would describe the UI as the most bland and basic out there, that even android 2 has more features and customization.
Everyday usage 2/10 Could have more features.
Text input 1/10 The keyboard is too small for my big hands.
Display 1/10 The display is too small for reading things off of websites, making me have to squint at times.
Battery 1/10 One of the worst battery life I have experienced on a smartphone.

Pros

• Logo gives any apple fanboy a hard on

Cons

• Durability
  • cpu speed (compared to other devices)
  • Poor reception, but slightly improved "just don't hold it that way"
  • Display is small
  • Internet browser does not include flash support
  • The battery can barely work for one day without depleting
  • UI changes are very minor
  • and finaly, the price is way too high for the product's overall usage