Samsung SGH-M310 User Reviews

Molly Cassidy
posted on 17 Aug 2009, 12:26

Samsung SGH M310

I bought this mobile as a gift to my young brother, he was turning 14 and have showed an interest in mobile phones. We had a conversation some time prior, about what features he would like or dislike - without giving him the idea I'm about to buy it to him. Anyways, after I bought the mobile phone it really seems a sleek and beautiful design, suprisingly fast but lacking alot of features. The menu is, alike my Renoir, easy which is very much needed for my brother - everything is really easy, it's a big plus, it's very usable, however as I said already it lacks features badly. This particular unit is said on the box to be manufactured in China.
For a note is it's VGA 0,3 mpx cam, that seems to make distorted-colored images on standard settings.
Another side note I would have to add is that the battery seems much weaker then the factory information says, it really seems the phone can't do 13 days on standby, more around 4-5. Not a big concern thought.

All in all your economy mobile phone, sweet one for the price.

Pros

• Cool design, easy access to most features, fast menu

Cons

• Features poor, battery seems to be a bit weaker,

Pauline Aquilina
posted on 26 Dec 2008, 03:14

Technofussy09

I bought the phone as a present for my husband who is very much your average Joe and only interested in using the phone as a mobile means of communication only. He had always expressed interest in my SGH-E530 but was always put of by its feminine colour so when I saw the SGH-M310 and a Samasung too I thought I had stuck gold.
Although the design is good the graphics leave much to be desired. The font of the text message is so small and thin that it requires the sharp vision of a lynx to read it comfortably. The font cannot be changed into bold and larger font and kept saved since one has to go into options and then font size and then type the message. Then the templates are in good readable font! This defeats the aim of the sms being one of the shortcuts. It is NOT only the young sharp-eyed generation who uses mobiles; older people with failing vision do so too!
While scrolling the text pixels apart form being small fade out disconcertingly. This is not made easy by the pop-up windows giving the breakdown of that particular page on the mobile.
The icons are also small and difficult to discern on the menu.

Pros

• Sleek contemporary design

Cons

• Graphics set for people with 20 20 vision only it seems