Samsung Galaxy S4 User Reviews

Display9.6/10
Build quality8.5/10
Text input9.2/10

Tripax
posted on 12 Oct 2014, 19:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Oct 2014)

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 User!

Tripax has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall, I can only say good of S4, as my analysis suggests, it works very well at all, does well what it promises, the only thing you should take into metal rim and not plastic, and the battery may be a bit of power, and must bring radio.

Build quality 8/10 Could have more metal parts.
Reception 9/10 I have a lot assistance where I live.
Call quality 10/10 The best, when caught in other smart notice that nothing comparable is weaker audition.
Internet 9/10 Load web pages very fast in Wi Fi and 4G.
Multimedia 10/10 Very simple and beautiful full marks.
Camera 10/10 Easy to use, the best I've ever seen, just the S5 may be slightly better but only for 4k video, but this has only fullHD 10 I rate your overall.
UI speed 9/10 I think quite fast and super cute, could be faster, with pure android, but the TouchWiz for me and very beautiful, and works very well in S4.
Everyday usage 10/10 Always worked beautifully, never let me down, very fast, a great friend.
Text input 10/10 Very good, and excellent Qwerty keyboard Samsung has the numbers up at the top that helps a lot, very identical SwiftKey, and we still have the option of putting the old way samsung keyboard mode 3X4.
Display 10/10 The best they had seen, until it reached the S5, and are very identical perhaps the S5 is a little better in brightness, but forget the S5, this and the best I've seen.
Battery 8/10 The battery overused internet always connected lasts 1 full day with 20 calls and 30 messages thereabouts, use of internet connected 30 minutes per day and 20 calls and 40 messages it lasts two days, only use the phone and messages only, it lasts close to four days, it loads in just 1 hour and 45min at 100% when this 10%.

• Everyday usage
  • Call quality
  • Gorilla Glass 3
  • UI is user friendly
  • Removable Battery

Cons

• Build quality (not have anything metal)
  • No Radio FM/AM
  • Battery should be better (3000Mhz)

Tripax alternatives:

MrDubya64
posted on 22 Sep 2014, 12:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)

Close to Perfection

MrDubya64 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great all-around phone for use as a daily driver. Battery life for me is good, I typically get a full day's usage without having to reach for the charger. Call quality is good. There are a lot of features (Smart Pause, Smart Stay, Smart Scroll) that I have yet to use. Simply put, this phone is loaded. The size is perfect for people not wanting a phablet but wanting something a little larger than the iPhone 5S.

Build quality 8/10 Feels good in the hand however the plastic gives it a fragile feel.
Reception 9/10 Strong reception, no dropped calls.
Call quality 10/10 Strong call quality whether using the ear speaker, bluetooth or speaker phone.
Internet 9/10 The 5" screen is better than I thought it would be for web browsing.
Multimedia 8/10 Included music player is better than any I've used before on an Android phone.
Camera 10/10 13 megapixels rear camera with lots of great user features.
UI speed 8/10 Everything is nicely organized.
Everyday usage 10/10 Feels good in my pocket, with or without a case. Lags occasionally.
Text input 10/10 Swipe keyboard is great.
Display 9/10 Love the 5" size and HD resolution.
Battery 8/10 Not the best but it certainly works well for me.

Pros

• Screen resolution
  • Expandable Storage
  • Removable Battery
  • UI is user friendly
  • Quick access to all settings
  • Lots of user features

Cons

• Overheats occasionally

sputtle
posted on 13 Aug 2014, 00:36 (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)

sputtle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got my Galaxy S4 the day it came out for Verizon. I have fully enjoyed it ever since. I had it rooted for a while and this was the only time I ever had any trouble with it. Swype was laggy, apps would crash and all sorts of other issues. But once KitKat was pushed out to the devices, everything was gravy again. I would recommend this phone to everyone I know! I especially like the IR blaster. I use it all the time.

Build quality 9/10 There is still too much plastic on these phones to get a 10 for build quality
Reception 9/10 Reception in my area is poor all around, but I still have signal issues at work while others do not.
Call quality 10/10 Can't expect more from call quality.
Internet 10/10 Loads web pages very fast, as long as the connection permits.
Multimedia 8/10 This could definitely use a louder speaker. Otherwise, no other complaints.
Camera 10/10 Pictures are far past my expectations.
UI speed 10/10 Everything flows nicely and is easy to organize.
Everyday usage 10/10 It never leaves my pocket. I use it for everything and it handles its daily chores nicely.
Text input 10/10 Swype gets laggy sometimes, but that's not Samsung's fault. Their keyboard may be better but I never use it. It's functionality just doesn't work for me.
Display 10/10 Always bright enough and dim enough.
Battery 8/10 Given the battery technology today, this phone does do pretty well. Cudos to Samsung and Google for offering all of the power saving options. But it is difficult to get it into deep sleep mode.

Pros

• Screen size
  • Very fast
  • Camera is fabulous
  • IR Blaster

• Speaker isn't loud enough

sputtle alternatives:

ngray13
posted on 12 Aug 2014, 15:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2014)

The S4 is a pretty good phone

ngray13 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The S4 was one of the most popular phones of 2013. I switched from iOS to the S4 and I really liked it. Samsung's TouchWiz user interface really slowed the whole phone down, and was pretty ugly. Some Samsung apps like the phone app had a white theme while apps like the settings were black. The Air Gestures and Smart features worked, but they were complete gimmicks, and I never used them. The S4 looked pretty good, and I liked the physical home button, but the build quality wasn't that good. The phone would make this really bad creaking noise if it was slightly bent at all. The phone played games well and the camera was good, but in the end there was just too much Samsung bloat. The nice things about this phone is micro SD card expansion, Replaceable battery, and 1080p Super Amoled Screen. The camera was really sharp, and good. The speaker wasn't great. The phone had some cool non-gimmick features like 2 apps on the screen at once waving your hand over the screen while its locked to see the time. Over all this phone convinced me never to go back to Apple, but it didn't convince me that Samsung was the right android manufacturer. I ended up selling my S4 for a LG G3. The S4 was a pretty good device, with some cool features, but eventually TouchWiz just pushed me away.

Build quality 7/10 Crappy Plastic and creaking noises.
Reception 10/10 Great reception due to Plastic
Call quality 10/10 Calls were normal
Internet 10/10 Internet Connection was good
Multimedia 10/10 Played apps good and screen looked good during videos.
Camera 10/10 Camera was fantastic! A lot of settings in the camera app.
UI speed 4/10 Samsung Bloat! TouchWiz is very bad, no consistent theme or look either. The lag is pretty bad for a phone of this caliber.
Everyday usage 8/10 Most of the time it was good performance. Lags occasionally
Text input 9/10 Keyboard was good but I ended up replacing it.
Display 10/10 My first HD Screen on a smartphone, and I was blown away. I liked the size too.
Battery 10/10 Lasted most of the day. I carried a spare which was really nice to be able to just swap it out on the go.

Pros

• Great camera and Screen
  • Loved multi window!
  • Does what its supposed to.

Cons

• Samsung's Crappy user interface lagged quite a bit.
  • No Consistent Theme, and ugly user interface
  • Below par speakers
  • Air Gestures and Smart Features are Gimmicks.

ngray13 alternatives:

uttam
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 04:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

good enought

uttam has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

still better i am enjoin this phone gaming watching movie any thing we
Really love it camera still better brilliant Super amoled display Great viewing angle
still running latest kitkat galaxy s4 will get android l tooo

Build quality 9/10 9.8

Pros

• Perfact

Cons

• material

youranndrey
posted on 15 Jul 2014, 11:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)

galaxy s4 I9505

youranndrey has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

a good phone, but way too expensive for what it offers. should try finding a cheaper and thus better alternative out there. i think no flagship it's worth the money.
the iphone has a battery that sucks, etc

Build quality 8/10 I think it's build quality is quite good, I personally love the plastic build and the glossy platisc back cover; bad points are the fact that the bezel can get bent quite easily and you can scratch the display or the back cover, although they are quite resistant, much more resisant than the competitors; so for me it's a 8, not a 9 or a 10 cause it's not something outstanding or unseen before
Reception 5/10 the reception I find it quite bad for a 2014 phone
Call quality 5/10 again, for me disappointing call quality for a very very very expensive device, made in 2014... it's really not worth it's money, although I think that most of the smartphones, if not all of them, encounter the same problem
Internet 7/10 Internet browser it's ok, but could be more dynamic or nice looking
Multimedia 7/10 ok, but the speakers are terrible
Camera 7/10 camera is just average and it's quite slow. i think it's actually worse that the GS3 camera
UI speed 4/10 i like touchwiz a lot, it's design and everything but I completely hate it's lag. i find lag while browsing thorough the system, but expecially on the keyboard, when I type. the keyboard it's just awful, full of loag, expecially if you use it for other aplications and the predictiing is bad too because if you try to type fast, it doubles the words and it starts writing nonsense
Everyday usage 7/10 it's ok for everyday usage, although it could smaller to better fit in the pocket and it's battery could last much longer
Text input 2/10 terrible. lags, the prediction is a failure too
Display 6/10 the display it can get dark enough, but on the other hand it's not bright enough, during day light and sun light you won't be able to view to display
Battery 6/10 battery is less thatn average? it's a good feature the power saving option, but the battery it's just not enought. if you wanna use a 2014 smartphone at its full capacities, with 4g on, internet, messaging aps, music, call, text etc you wont last 12 hrs. again you pay a small fortune for nothing basicly

julio
posted on 08 Jul 2014, 13:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jul 2014)

great phone

julio has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

it amazing. cool the camara is very clear. the batery is long lasting. it fits good in the hand and is well bulit. so far it hasnt had any problems at all. it is very quick and responsive. the key bord is very responsive. i love it

Pros

• good screen resulition

Maro1
posted on 21 Jun 2014, 19:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)

Cool phone

Maro1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its really a superbone....and much handy with one hand use. Its durable, Reception is superbone, Multitasking on Samsung galaxy S4 is superb. Airview, Air gestures, are one of my fav features.
Its the phone that cover around 80% of laging that i found in s3. Its very resposive fast. OInly one 1st time use of few app you found few mili sec lag but after that if u open the same application several times theirs no lags. In my opinion its superb superb phone with ideal size also. The display colors, outdoor visibility all excellent. Actually its a excellent phone.

warswics
posted on 27 May 2014, 16:14 (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 May 2014)

It's okay

warswics has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I switched in December to Galaxy from iPhone. Overall it's okay. If you own a mac then stick with iPhone. It's a bit of a pain trying to switch pictures over from the phone to the mac laptop. Also, if you hear a song on the radio or something it is far easier to quickly purchase it on iTunes. Finally I hate the fact that there are ads on the phone. Seriously that is annoying.
Personally I miss the iPhone and I'll switch back when the 6 comes out.

Build quality 8/10 It's nothing great. Kind of cheap plastic.
Internet 7/10 I've had problems with the phone and its ability to remain on wifi.

Pros

Cons

• Voice recognition
  • wifi problems

Stevo.Tombola
posted on 21 May 2014, 04:43 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)

Black Edition

Stevo.Tombola has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great phone! Despite Galaxy S5 is out on the market, this is still one of the best phones you can get, especially when you compare differences in the price with 2014. models. Black leather cover is really nice upgrade from standard Galaxy S4.

Build quality 9/10 Everything is great, but back cover can sometimes release squeaking sound.
Display 9/10 Overall min. and max. brightness could be better, especially compared to Galaxy S5. The difference is significant. Despite that display is fenomenal!
Battery 9/10 No problem with battery, it can easily last one day with above average use, but it would be nice to see a battery that can stand out at least two days.

Pros

• Big display in compact body
  • Set of keys beneath the display saves precious space on screen
  • Infrared port
  • Card slot

Cons

• Bloatware from Samsung that comes preinstalled on device and it can be removed only if device is rooted
  • Settings menu can be confusing sometimes. It should be simplified and clean from double stuff

zalissan
posted on 11 May 2014, 06:05 (Posts: 0; Member since: 10 May 2014)

S4

zalissan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Agha mahshare chera???chon mahshare dige
gooshie por ghodratie faghat samsung galaxy s 4 T ey baba inam ke hamash mige 200 ta kalame benvisam , beharhal man ke daram va hal mikonam I love touchwiz
The basic functions work great and the extras are nice and even useful

JocysM
posted on 03 May 2014, 06:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 May 2014)

Samsung Galaxy S4

JocysM has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Unfotunately, I found more cons than pros with this phone. 1. For that kind of phone, storage is very limited. 2 After the 1st official samsung software update phone started to lag! I was patient and waited for the new update which came out about 3 weeks ago. Lag was fixed but other issues occurred! Now the phone can barely last 10minutes before dying when using apps or games. On top of that it stopped warning you to plug the phone in to carge. Due to this I lost data several times. Lastly, most of the time I kept my phone at home and barely used it outside. Recently woke up last morning to find my phones screen unglued! This last drop inspired me to write a review for people who might foolishly think that this phone is worth its price

Build quality 1/10 I've not started using it properly on day to day basis yet as I was too lazy to cut micro sim card. Just by using Samsung Galaxy S4 at home, one morning I found out that the LCD screen unglued itself! I am outrageous
Reception 9/10 Good Reception. Big difference comparing to my old nokia.
Battery 1/10 I'm giving it a minimum rating as after last official samsung software update my phone barely lasts 10 minutes without dying when using apps or playing games

Pros

• Used to be very happy at the start especially with the quality of camera and sharpness of graphics.

Cons

• However, I found more cons than pros. 1. For that kind of phone, storage is very limited. 2 After the 1st official samsung software update phone started to lag! I was patient and waited for the new update which came out about 3 weeks ago. Lag was fixed but other issues occurred! Now the phone can barely last 10minutes before dying when using apps or games. On top of that it stopped warning you to plug the phone in to carge. Due to this I lost data several times. Lastly, most of the time I kept my phone at home and barely used it outside. Recently woke up last morning to find my phones screen unglued! This last drop inspired me to write a review for people who might foolishly think that this phone is worth its price

tixoo
posted on 02 May 2014, 04:17

good phone

tixoo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall a great phone, but you can definitely find better Android phones for this price, for example the nexus 5, oppo's, huawei's etc.
I loved the phone, and used it to its full potential but sometimes the call quality just killed me, with interruptions etc., but i guess that something samsung never going to fix.

Pros

• good battery life
  • decent design
  • great performance
  • packed with features

Cons

• build quality is nothing special
  • call quality is sometimes bad
  • reception is sometimes bad

vaibhav_panchgade
posted on 22 Apr 2014, 00:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)

Samsung S4 display broke easily

vaibhav_panchgade has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Hello Friends, I have purchase Samsung S4 on 28-Dec-13 After regular user on 14-MAR-1 my screen display was not working suddenly So I went to Care Centre Their representative told me it is physical damaged as one small crack was there on left hand corner side.I told him it is not dropped nor any pressure I have applied Then he asked me where you carry your mobile then he told me due to carrying mobile in jeans pocket it may damaged your screen display. I was shocked by his answer & I told him I was carrying another Nokia's mobile at same time in pocket but nothing was happens to it then he was unanswerable. By raising issue to Samsung they have asked me for mobiles picture & after their study that it is rare case with Samsung & they can provide me 20% discount. I told their service representative boss if there may be any mistake from my side surely I must have accepted that & I never asked for any discount but here there is no mistake of mine Just I was carrying a phone in my front jeans pocket. Friends please suggest me a way to get maximum discount waiting for your reply. Regards, Vaibhav

greatoneiw
posted on 08 Apr 2014, 09:40 (Posts: 40; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)

S4 The Giant

greatoneiw has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great phone for a geek and a person who wants to play with his phone 24/7 but bad phone for average user cause UI is hard to learn and people who dont care about those air sensors are gonna hate it
this can be named a camera phone , the photos taken by this phone is better than my camera and detail and colors are amazing both for front facing and main camera

• Front facing Camera

Cons

• Not flagship Call quality

florycory
posted on 30 Mar 2014, 07:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 Mar 2014)

my s4

florycory has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I like all but not have display contrast like note 2 .am avut 1 an note 2 nu am nimic de zis rau de el am vrut ceva mai mic si am luat s4 prima dezamagire a fost displayul care are culori foarte fade ca la un lcd nu amoled cu marimea mam obisnuit

Display 6/10 No have contrast and color

GeorgeAF
posted on 27 Mar 2014, 05:20 (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)

Samsung S4, I just love my phone

GeorgeAF has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall, it is a great phone. Stylish and also very much capable. for a phone that was released last year, it is still very relevant. The camera is just brilliant and the fact that the phone can do so much more is just enough to spin my world around.

Build quality 10/10 The phone fits into my hands, its slick and it looks good as well
Reception 10/10 i always have a working signal even when people turn to complain about theirs
Call quality 9/10 it is good but not always clear during windy days
Internet 10/10 I mean, its an Android phone. Even the galaxy pocket has good internet capablities
Multimedia 10/10 it comes standard with the ability to support many file formats and the screen size compliments the experience
Camera 9/10 Better than most
UI speed 9/10 Sharp but it could be faster
Everyday usage 10/10 I love it
Text input 10/10 Very accurate
Display 10/10 Clear
Battery 8/10 Not enough juice for a heavy user

kusalanupama
posted on 16 Feb 2014, 01:25 (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)

Very much satisfied

kusalanupama has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

im switching from an iPhone to GS4. and so far the experience is joyful. one of the main things people complain about the GS4 is the build quality, for a person coming from an iPhone 5, till now i didnt feel much less premium. yes the iPhone is much premium than GS4 but no complain. i thought 5' be very big for a phone but i got use to it very quickly. the display is just stunning, its just a pleasure to look at it. there are so many features under the hood, but i dont use most of them but may come in handy sometimes. this is the 3rd month using this, and no lags at all. i got the snapdragon version i9505. the camera also got plenty of features but auto mode does cover all. pictures are in very good detailed condition. and the battery is also okay. in moderate usage can survive a day. almost everything about this phone is good. but there are two main things irritate me, they are TouchWiz and back facing speakers. touch wiz is just so ugly and is hate it. only HTC one got the speaker problem right.

Pros

Cons

• TouchWiz

kusalanupama alternatives:

skippy1228
posted on 22 Jan 2014, 01:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)

4.3 is the Problem not the Phone

skippy1228 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Everything from the processing power to the display is/was amazing. Even the battery life lasted me about 14 hours of strenuous use throughout the day...until the dreaded 4.3 update came along. Wifi has problems saying its unstable, the battery lasts about 1/3 of the time it did with 4.2.2 , and you have stupid built in apps that 4.3 downloaded, like Lookout Security. It randomly pops up and shuts down apps causing even this amazing phone to become sluggish. If you get this phone you will not be disappointed; just please keep it on 4.2.2 and wait for 4.4 (kitkat) to come out. [scores are from before the 4.3 update]

Pros

• Great feel (not too big, not to small)

poikilo
posted on 16 Jan 2014, 11:34 (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)

Impressive

poikilo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was in two minds between this and HTC One, but after seeing its camera, i passes. Good at first, 4.3 update kind of screwed the battery life, hope they fix it.

I honestly dont understand why 200 characters need to be posted, ridiculous PA .

Build quality 9/10 Glossy back, no no.
UI speed 9/10 Stutters sometimes
Display 10/10 The best, period.
Battery 9/10 4.3 update kinda ruined the battery life. Hope they fix it.

• Ergonomic in design
  • Brilliant camera
  • Multitadking
  • Air gestures

Cons

• Low light performance
  • UI hiccups

MichaelDouros
posted on 02 Jan 2014, 02:24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Dec 2013)

Good internals with weak body.

MichaelDouros has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

My S4 broke after a fall to carpet. The glass was fine but the screen underneath broke and no longer displays anything. The sides of my phone also had dents from the weak build. During the time I had the phone, I was very pleased with its power and performance. It could handle anything I threw at it and never had and any issues.

Build quality 6/10 Weak, cheap plastic body.
Reception 9/10 Very little trouble with reception and call quality.
Camera 10/10 Great 13mp camera. Fast shutter speed.
Text input 9/10 Default samsung keyboard isn't great but it can be changed.
Battery 8/10 Battery never lasted a full day for me.

Pros

• Expandable storage (SD slot)
  • Large display with high resolution
  • Great camera
  • Lots of accessories
  • High end specs

Cons

• Weak body
  • Feels unevenly weighted

shehryarkhan
posted on 21 Dec 2013, 15:30 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Dec 2013)

excellent

shehryarkhan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Excellent mobile.....this is my first time a very perfect mobile I have ever used in my life....perfect camera. ...perfect screen. ...perfect size....highly resolution display....in simple words no match with this cell.

MeGustaHC
posted on 18 Dec 2013, 10:44 (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)

Not the best phone, but great!

MeGustaHC has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Not the best phone in the market, just awesome. Too fragile. Nice specs and display. The camera is very nice but not in low light scenarios, Snapdragon 600 and 2GB of RAM makes the performance be very smooth. Have some bugs.

Build quality 7/10 cheap plastic rear, too easy to damage
Call quality 10/10 What you expect...
Display 9/10 Outdoors experience is horrible... but indoors Galaxy's display should be the best.
Battery 9/10 Better than others, anyways, not the best

• Performance
  • Gorilla Glass 3
  • Internet browsing

Cons

• Camera in low light scenarios
  • User storage
  • Build quality

MeGustaHC alternatives:

koko1
posted on 13 Dec 2013, 18:44 (Posts: 98; Member since: 03 Dec 2013)

best phone on the planet

koko1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

a great phone, i jumped from the s2 to the s4, i found it very amazing, camera, software features like s-health, s- trslator and air view are the best, of course with the camera features
great job samsung

asad116
posted on 12 Dec 2013, 06:18 (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)

s5

asad116 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

S4 done the job in decent way. But I am waiting to compare it with s5. I hope its not gona disappoint. . There is heat up problem in s4 . I dont know when its gona fix by samsung. More over samsung don't have that much updated application. S3 user can use the same applications like we are using.