Samsung Flight User Reviews

Reception5.3/10
Build quality5.3/10
Everyday usage3.7/10

ATTReviR
posted on 01 May 2011, 18:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 May 2011)

WORST PHONE EVER!!!

ATTReviR has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have had 5 SAMSUNG FLIGHTS and they all had issues i just got a new one and it already stopped working i had 4 that did othere issues like wont pick up calls sends blank texts and hopped on the internet when it felt like it without my consent. I did auto-call (No it didnt "butt-dial") So my advice to you SAVE YOURSeLF THE TIME and DONT GET IT

Build quality 6/10 It has a weird plasticy feel but yet firm...
Reception 8/10 It had good service when first owned but after time it had not connected to EDGE 3G or towers at all where i always had service at!
Call quality 4/10 It had a crackle sound
Multimedia 5/10 Supports some types not the most common
Camera 6/10 It got better after use but potos can be distorted and unclear
Everyday usage 1/10 I use it alot but it sucked when i did
Text input 1/10 Not good it had been slow and sometimes displayed the wrong keys...
Display 10/10 Beautiful nice and clear also bright display
Battery 1/10 It didnt last very long

Pros

• NONE

Cons

• MALFUNCTIONS

ATTReviR alternatives:

Review
posted on 02 Mar 2011, 02:16

Okay Phone

Review has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

At first I really liked this phone but the longer I had it the more issues that seem to occur. I started to just have issues with the volume on the speaker phone and hearing people when talking to friends and family when not on speaker phone. Then I gradually started to have reception issues and had two get the phone replaced. After getting the phone replaced with another samsung flight I started to have issues with the touch screen and it became such issue I had to get the phone replaced again. My most recent issue with the samsung flight is it is constantly overheating if I am on the phone for more than ten minutes, periodically it gets so hot it just shuts the entire phone off even though the battery is more than half charged. I really would not recommend this phone.

Pros

• Unfortunately at this time I have none

Cons

• Constantly having issues hearing people on the phone, cant use the speaker phone at all, touch screen sucks, keypad is too small, and phone is overheating

Sharky
posted on 25 Oct 2010, 11:43 (Posts: 123; Member since: 24 Jun 2008)

Good, not great, phone.

Sharky has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Got this phone recently for a very low price, since its old now. The phone has a good formfactor and feels solidly built. The backcover does feel a bit on the flimsy side though. The touchscreen is nice and its responsive for a resistive screen. The keyboard is on the small/cramped side, but I actually type quite well on it. Other input methods include on screen T9 and hand writing, which is a nice feature that works for the most part.

Battery life has been good.

Call quality would be good, but the speaker is terribly low. Even in my apartment it sounds too low on max volume. Signal strength is all over the place, but I usually have a moderately good signal.

Th UI is ok. Mostly everything is clear. But the speed is mediocre. Menu transitions and scrolling is good, but there's too much of a pause when waiting to open a text message/view a missed call.

Can't say much about the extras. The music player is nice for a feature phone.

Internet 5/10 Don't use internet so I wouldn't really know.

Pros

• Touch screen responsiveness
  • Text input options (T9, QWERTY, and handwritting recognition)
  • Clear call quality

Cons

• Some UI lag (especially for opening texts)
  • Low sounding speaker, even when at max volume
  • No 3.5mm headphone jack

Pat
posted on 11 Aug 2010, 16:24

Problems with phone overheating

I purchased the Flight in January 2010.  I have had problems with the phone getting very hot when I'm on a call for longer than 10 -15 minutes.  I've had it back to ATT and they replaced the battery.  The problem continued and started to impact the screen functions.  The phone was replaced and the problems were the same, getting worse over time.  Just recently had the phone replaced a second time (ie, on my third Flight) and they also replaced the charger this time.   Was just charging up the new phone and took a call and the phone got so hot the charging function paused with a message about the phone being too hot.  Hard to imagine that I am just this unlucky.  Other than the heat problems, I like the funcitons on the phone.

RissaRue
posted on 19 Jun 2010, 17:05

flight

I work with phones on a daily basis for work, absolutely love this phone but lately there has been issues with the device, touchscreen has always been a little off but for the last month when i access the IM sometimes it will let me log in even though i have full service or the touchscreen stops responding period... in the last month i have had to do 2 hard resets..im hoping its just my device...we shall see

Super_Stevie
posted on 11 May 2010, 16:40

Good but not good enough

I've had the phone for about 6 months now, i didn't realize i down graded from the phone i had before. I had a Pantech Duo c810 (smartphone). i totally thought this Flight was a smartphone, i was mislead. So i'm waiting on my early upgrade to upgrade yet again. This time i'll be moving up to either a Blackberry or the new HTC desire. I work at Verizon wireless and get to play with all the HTC phones and they are truely a wonderful phones. other then that, the phone is always turning off on me, plus i do lose reception when im at work. which allows everyone to make fun of me for using AT&T. When i use the Instant Messenger for Yahoo/AIM it would constantly open even when i wasn't using the application. EVERY TIME I WOULD SLIDE THE PHONE OPEN IT WOULD POP OPEN! causing me to reopen Yahoo Messenger or AIM when trying to receive and text message or simply use the phone. Sometimes the touch screen doesnt reconize when i touch the screen. having to press down mulitipul times. its annoying!but other then that its an ok phone. i use to like it until it started giving me problems.

Pros

• cool design, like how its touch screen/ and keyboard

Cons

• turns off, touch screen issues, and software issues

phonenerdbarbie
posted on 17 Feb 2010, 16:59

very decent phone :)

I'm a phone nerd lol. so hear me out.This phone is really nice. for a "dumbphone" it has many features for the price. call quality is clear and nice. the touchscreen is good but not great (sometimes it doesn't respond when u try and scroll). u can t9 type or handwrite on the touchscreen. theres a physical qwerty that slides out (which is great cuz i'm not to good on typing landscape wise on a regular touchscreen). if you like to text this is a great phone for you. i must say that the keys are just a tad bit cramped but u get used to it and u don't even think about it anymore. it also depends on the user. has a nice weight to it and it seems very durable. there's IM, email, and applications you can buy. i'm very impressed with the camera functionality. the pictures are very clear and it's almost like shooting from a regular cam (with a 2MP cam XD). voice recognition is cool. i like how the calendar can be accessed by just pushing the middle "back" button while in idle mode. it's also very pleasing to the eye (i got it in red/black since i like color but it also comes in black/grey). I also set my phone to where when i slide it, it goes straight to the message screen. so you can def personalize ur phone :).i don't have data on my phone so i can't say much about the internet browsing experience. i'm sure you can find out by searching on youtube or even phonearena itself for some details on that :).if u want the best of both worlds (physical qwerty and touchscreen) for a GREAT price...

Pros

• Great camera function
  • sophisticated look for a great price
  • great for texting
  • many features

Cons

• touchscreen responsiveness may be off a little
  • qwerty may be a tad bit cramped (Depends on user)

Yunq Retro
posted on 30 Jan 2010, 15:20

Really Great

this phone is awsome. the battery lasts long and the sound quality is good. there is soooo many great thing about this phone. the screen is very responsive and clear. the camera is nice and a good quality. the keyboard is great, and u can even txt on the screen. its awsome, it comes in only two colors, red and silver. i have the red one. it has a nice heft to the phone, i mean weighgt. good built quality and really good speed and it never freezes up. its really nice

Pros

• the phone

Cons

• only come with charger

posted on 12 Jan 2010, 04:59

I'm very happy with the phone. For not being a "smart phone" is has lots of handy and easy to use features. Touch screen works very well and not clumsy feeling if you have big fingers like I do.   Only negative thing I have to say is that it's a bit on the heavy side.  But for me it's not a problem and it gives me the impression that it has a solid build.  I would definitely recommend this phone. Intuitive

Pros

• Design and feel is very nice. Touch screen is very intuitive and has many function with slider open and closed. Can web browse.

Cons

• It's a little on the heavy side.

Julie Matos
posted on 07 Jan 2010, 20:54

=)

I love this phone!  I love the calendar because it has lots of memory. I jotted down all my friends and family birthdays and and an alarm will go off every year till 2030.  The key board is great the camera is fun, it has a neat sketch pad, and it holds like 7 or 8 alarms that you can name whatever you want.  It also has a world clock which I use allot because I travel back and forth from U.S. and Germany.  My only complaint is that it has some ugly factory installed pictures that you cant delete and they are your screen saver.  All in All I would definitely recommend you buy this phone =)  I never wrote a review on anything before , however I loved this phone so much I had to write this.

posted on 31 Dec 2009, 15:21

Samsung flight

this is a very good phone

Pros

• touch screen, camera, sliding qwerty keyboard........ pretty much about all of it

Cons

• you cant change the picture that is on the lock screen.. there is this stupid purple sunset picture that will show up on my lock screen every now and then.. also the touch screen doesnt respond (this usually happens when you try to scroll or when you try to draw on the sketchpad)