Samsung Omnia 7 User Reviews

HiImSophie
posted on 08 Aug 2011, 16:11

BEST PHONE EVER!

HiImSophie has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Had this phone for nearly 3 months now and it's amazing. Best phone I've ever had. Beats the iPhone hands down. :) I've even made 3 of my friends buy it too! They are in love with it! The SAMOLED screen is BEAUTIFUL! I almost cried when I opened the box, I couldn't wait to see it haha. I waited long enough for this phone and I definitely do not regret buying it.

Pros

• Everything about this phone is great!

Cons

• I wouldn't change a thing. ;D

GJanee
posted on 28 Jul 2011, 10:53 (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)

Windows Phone 7 is the best!

GJanee has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've been using it for like a month or so, I've been really in to it the whole time, and overall I can state: Windows Phone 7 devices are the best ones ou there on the market!
Marketplace is growing, with NoDo they already fixed some issues, but with Mango and future updates, they will develop these phones to the ultimate perfections. I'm really pleased with my Omnia 7, by no chance will I ever change to Droid or iOs!
As my review: read below.

Build quality 10/10 Perfect choice of materials, goes well with the whole image and concept of the phone. The middle Start(home) button might feel a little too loose, but at least you can feel the button, and still response suffers nothing at all. Size: feels solid in the hand, smaller handed people might need to use it with two hands, but the bigger palmed guys: no problem using it one handed (okay maybe the buttons on the bottom are hard to reach, but otherwise: like charm).
Reception 10/10 No failures, no dropped signals, no deathgrip, no problem.
Call quality 9/10 The earpiece is a bit too quiet at times, especially in really crowded places, with heavy traffic nearby, but still satisfactory. Loudspeaker makes scratchy noises sometimes, when dealing with heavy or hard sounds. Do not play music really loud on it!
Internet 10/10 Wi-Fi and the carriers data connectivity is a charm, fast, works really well, no complaints. IE for WP7 is the best browser out on the market in my opinion.
Multimedia 10/10 Video and audio playback are also, plays back HD videos flawlessly, the UI is really attractive, nicely done, and easy to use. The only slightly big drawback is Zune itself. I mean the desktop Zune.
Camera 10/10 Overall quality is really good, so much better than e.g.: HTC-s WP7 phones. Macro shots are awesome, recorded HD videos are really nice (in low lighting conditions the material becomes grainy, but quality is still very nice overall), and also nicely compressed (12 minute HD video only 800MB). Interface: esy to use, you have many options to choose from, the only drawback is, that it doesn't save your settings (but with Mango this problem will be cured).
UI speed 10/10 Seriously who dares to question the speed of the Metro UI? :D I would give it like 1000 if I could. :D No fancy-nancy, useless, performancedecreasing animations, things, etc like on e.g.: Android. Only what matters the most, and that's also done with class and elegance. And to be honest: people who need eyecandies: will never buy WPs. ;D
Everyday usage 10/10 Everything is handy, everything can be done with ease, and fast, no problems at all learning to deal with the phone itself. Everything is obvious, everything speaks for itself, so in the everyday life: you can really get in, and out fast. Games and apps are awesome, attractive, and fun to use.
Text input 10/10 This keyboard is a charm. It really suits to Your style, how You use the keyboard, and makes it even easier to type.
Display 10/10 4" S-AMOLED. Speaks for itself. No complaints whatsoever. Oh wait. Sometimes you might see a bit of yellowish tints to the whites. I don't know why, but it doesn't really matter, it goes away after like 3-4 seconds.
Battery 10/10 I was confused about the battery, because smartphones mainly need to be charged daily, but I was really surprised with this catch. I'm not a heavy user, I only turn on Wi-Fi or my carriers data connections when I need it, I browse like 10-30 minutes a day at max., make like 5-10 calls and/or 5-10 text messages, and hold on tight, the last time I checked my phones status with a SystemInfo app it showed: 3 days and 7 hours uptime since last charge. And it still had a little bit in it. I mean show me a same-class smartphone that can do something like this. :D

Pros

• UI
  • Astonishing screen
  • Browser
  • The overall experience of the phone

Cons

• Call quality is a bit on the weak side
  • Zune is a bit chaotic

senbobaggins
posted on 06 Jul 2011, 03:17 (Posts: 6; Member since: 22 May 2011)

Awesome!

senbobaggins has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I upgraded from Android device. Reason being, android was getting too monotonous. I researched differnt phone operating systems and UI and i chanced the Omnia 7. Excellent choice too. At first there were a few issues but those were soon resolved when i hooked it up to my computer through Zune.
The Phone works so well, very fluid...never once stalling (unlike stoopid android). The 1Ghz processor is more than enough to run anything you throw at it. Forget about that dual core crap...unless you want to charge the battery every hour.

The App selection and Game selection is improving everyday and to be honest i think Xbox Live games kick apples ass!!

The UI is the best ive seen on any phone. Not to mention the Super AMOLED display!! Awesome!!! True black colour. Watching movies, playing games, surfing the web all look beautiful on the display.

If you are going to invest in WP7...do so with the Omnia 7. With its Super AMOLED it beats all HTC WP7 phones.

Pros

• Display Super AMOLED (True black colours)
  • Camera (HD Recording)
  • Design (sleek and different)
  • Awesome UI with live tiles
  • Excellent Gaming
  • Very fast processor
  • keyboard works very well
  • Internet Explorer!!
  • Microsoft Works ( in case you need to view files for college/work)

Cons

• battery life typical to todays smart phone (one day per charge)

Snaffler
posted on 24 Jun 2011, 20:04 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Jun 2011)

Dissapointed!! Horrible Device

Snaffler has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Upgraded to this less than two weeks ago. Took the advice of the salesmen in the phone store as they promised a whole new experience.They got that right. Lacks any kind of customisation,cannot change themes,ringtones. Cannot connect and upload pictures/video's direct to you home pc. All has to be through either Skydrive or this silly Zune.Not many good apps.The handset is very unrelaible,keeps freezing in the marketplace and on the internet ( when it wants to connect ).
So many connection issue's,wont connect to open WIFI network's.Limited connection in my own home.Strange how my partners HTC desire has no such problem??
Fantastic 4" super Amoled screen and a great 5mp camera but thats about it i'm afraid. Windows should have waited until this Mango was fully integrated into each handset before releasing on the market.My personal opinion is that they are useless,not much fun to own and more a business phone rather than a personal mobile. I want to be able to customise when i want and not when windows say i can!! 8gb internal memory is just a joke!!! I'm already down to 1gb. The video viewing experience is far better on a HTC desire.Overall very dissapointed and would advise to stay well clear until Mango is fully released and windows come up with a way that allows you to personalise your OWN phone!!! Sound quality is awful and reception is quite bad.Solid feel in the hand but let down by relaibility. Shame as this device promised so much but delivered very little.

Pros

• Fantastic super Amoled screen
  • Great 5mp camera
  • Solid feel in the hand

Cons

• Very unreliable
  • Useless connectivity
  • Battery not that good
  • Almost no customisation
  • Zune and Market place is awful!!
  • Not many good apps
  • Windows have locked this OS down pretty good.This is more a business device.

Snaffler alternatives: