Nokia 6263 User Reviews

Anca
posted on 17 May 2009, 10:49

Gr8 cell phine

I had my nokia 6263 for almost 2 years now and believe me it have seen all the worst things, I've dropt it, it have been in extreme heat and humidity, jut name it and it still works perfect, it is strong like a bull :D. The batery life is still decent and the signal was always excelent even in the most inimaginable places. If you are looking for a normal, basic phone this is one of the best. Plus people.... if you want a photo camera get your self one and dont expect your cell phone to do the job of that kind of technology. Or people complaining it cant play whatever.... get your self a player. It is like expecting any one of us to be doctors, fire workers, engeniers, lawers and all the rest. We simply can't so.... use a cell phone for what it is ment to be: make and recieve calls and text messages. Enjoy!!!

irsuv
posted on 20 Sep 2008, 22:22 (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Apr 2008)

Shocked that this dumbphone is not that dumb

I bought this phone at a flea market and it seems half way decent. Runs the java games my HTC tytn won't run. Reconizes all of my music. That part I'm shocked about because it is on an 8gb micro sd. The camera is in a whole different class than my tytn. That beast has a horible camera. This nokia has a wonderfull camera and it's quick to go through the menus. Extremly suprised with this phone.

Pros

• Quickness
  • SDHC somehow works
  • Java Compatibility

Cons

• Won't Charge through data port

Beyle
posted on 06 Aug 2008, 14:33

4.6

Good T-Mobile Custom service, bad Nokia phone

I got a Nokia 6263 from T-mobile as an upgrade. However, I just returned it through UPS 4 hours ago. Since I got outrageously dissapointed, I will list the Cons before the Pros.

Cons:

1. Short battery life. Battery died in two days after a full charge, no call was made during the two days, neither any Java applications (e.g., games) were used.

2. The back cover is very diffcult to open, you have to use both hands to push badly.

3. The Java only accepts applications with the size under 1M. This is even less convenient than my old good Moto RAZR V3. I have a Bible in JAR format on the V3, which is 1.4M. The 6263 rejected the Bible when I tried to install it by the Nokia software suite, the error message is, "application is too large".

4. Accroding to the Nokia-US official website (http://www.nokiausa.com/A4678175), the 6263 contains "language packs for E, LTA, APAC and China". However, in this T-Mobile version, only English, French, Spanish, Portugese, and Italian (or maybe German, I don't remember exactly), were supported.

Pros: The USB port is "Mini-B", this is much better than the phones with propertiery ports. At least you probably don't have to buy a cable for this phone, existing cables for your MP3 player might be able to do it.

Although the phone itself is quite disspointing, T-Mobile's return policy has made me satisfied. Customers will get the contract extension cancelled, qualified for more phone upgrades, just as if nothing happenned to the account...

Enrique Rivera
posted on 28 May 2008, 13:41

best value

I"ve had the Nokia 6263 for 1 month now and It has been nothing short of perfect! Great signal strengh, even inside my supermarket where I never got a signal with Nextel, great battery life, great, big and bright display, easy to operate even for a guy with big hands like me!! great features light years ahead of the Nextel phones I owned before. Easy to handle and a lot of fun to play with. If you are looking for a basic phone with great extras like camera, music player, bluetooth don;'t look anywhere else. This baby will pamper you and will motivate you to learn how to use it and how to get the most out of it. Hope you fing these comments helpful!!

Enrique

Dog Head
posted on 04 May 2008, 18:53

Pure Junk. Nokia use to be good. They had to stop making this phone because of all the returns. I had this phone for 2 days and returned it. It was a brick./