Motorola V551 / V547 / V555 / V330 / V540 User Reviews

jcc2z
posted on 01 Sep 2008, 17:35

Phone was great for me...

I have seen alot of comments about this phone, and most of them are bad, but I had this phone for a long time until it couldnt function anymore. I loved the phone, it wasnt nothing special with features or anything, but it got the job done. The battery isn't as great as I think it should be. But it still works. I am a flatbed truck driver and I have droped this phone from over 15 feet high down to the ground. I have droped it into water, and after all the rugged things I have done to this phone, it still has kept going. There must be bad production models, but mine musta been a great series. it functions well with any bluetooth. I recomend the phone if you just want a plan jane to talk/txt on. plus its pretty cheap.

Pros

• Excellent durablity.

Cons

• Battery life? but what phone doesn't have great battery life?

Treblemaker
posted on 21 May 2007, 00:59

Best phone I've ever owned

This is the most solid, dependable, reliable phone I've owned, and I've had everything from Sony-Ericsson to Nokia to LG and back. It's been dropped several times and has bounced back each time (not like my wife's Razr V3T, which pretty much exploded on the floor when dropped from only a foot away). Sound is excellent, speaker phone is the best, keypad is big and user-friendy (not like the micro buttons of the Sony 810I), the screen is big... it feels good in the hand (which can NOT be said of most of the phones currently on the market today). This is a great phone.

j4friends
posted on 13 Dec 2005, 20:44

4.2

Worst cell phone ever!

Motorola V551: This has to be the worst cell phone I ever had. I had to have Motorola give me a new cell 3 times. The phone is slow with doing every thing. It don't keep good signal I thought it was my cell phone co. but when a friend had a different phone and the same cell co. and had good signal. The cell phone locked lost of times. I will never get another Motorola again. I had a few friends that also had got this phone they hated it so much they could not wait to get a new cell. Do your self a favor DO NOT this phone.

Ryan
posted on 16 Nov 2005, 15:05

The X change King

Look Moto, this is one of the worst phones on the market. I work in a call center for warranty exchange and without this make/model of phn I would not have a job (let me just put it that way). Anything that could happen to this phn does such as...... display not working, does not charge, drop calls, and earpiece malfunctioning. Sometimes one V551 can have all of these problems put together. I admit, all manufactors have their problems, but motorola tops them all. Please make them go away!!

Rafa
posted on 11 Nov 2005, 18:54

V551

Great design, nice sound pics and video. Very good value. I'll recomment to casual data users. Not for heavy users. Good phone to teach your oldfolks the how to's of the new tech.

Andrea
posted on 09 Nov 2005, 19:18

It okay if it works

I really like the design of this phone and all it's features, but something is always going wrong with it and I have to send it out for an exchange.

mary
posted on 06 May 2005, 08:52

4.4

motorola v551

Motorola v551,with the blue tooth from jabra, phone discharge in less than an hour. without, only hold charge for one day. only using ph for calls.

jodie
posted on 07 Mar 2005, 17:46

crap phone

i bought this phone thinkin it was good,it isnt.the ringtones which i make-u cnt hear them, i cant get mp3 workin/find it.bluetooth crap-dont buy this fone it is absolutly rubbish, it may be small and stylish but it int worth the money. when i close the phone it goes off when i have about 5 txts it says inbox full, ill delete them n it'l stil say inbox full! very rubbish phone but arnt most motorolas?

Miss Understood
posted on 12 Feb 2005, 03:29

Great Phone... Poor Manual

I got my Motorola v551 this past December. I think It is an amazing phone. It's picture quality and sound quality is the best I have ever seen in a cell phone. I have only one complaint...the manual needs work. It took me a while to figure everything out, but once I did... WOW! :) I am really enjoying my phone, and I would recommend it to anyone.

posted on 08 Feb 2005, 17:19

A Must Have

It is a lot better than the LG 7000, gots the bluetooth technology and it works great with the wireless headset. if somebody is looking for a good quality phone, this is the one to have. Even has a better camera quality without the flash unlike the LG 7000 with a flash. Verizon is no good.

Justin
posted on 26 Jan 2005, 19:28

MOTOROLA V551

Horney Fone Its Camera Quality IS Nutts U Cant Beat It And The Video Is Better Than All Nokia Fones If u Need A Good Fone I Recomend The Motorola V551

arby
posted on 20 Jan 2005, 21:29

no calling card feature

Nokia phones have the calling card feature that allows one key control of the calling pin number and the calling phone number. I did not find that feature on V551

Juststand
posted on 03 Jan 2005, 11:08

Motorola V551 - Nice but some problems.

So far it's a very good phone, packed with many features! Prior to purchasing the V551, I'd owned a sturdy Kyocera (2135) and wanted something similairily solid, and not "disposable" tiny, and delicate.

Unlike some of the "obviously" fragile, light wieght phones now so popular, the V551 is well made. The user interface is NOT very "user" friendly compared to a Nokia or Kyocera. But for the core phone/voice mail features I'm finding my way. No thanks to the poorly writen, incomplete manual!

The sound quality is superb over other "tinny" sounding minatures. The ring tones are good, though more business sounding rings are preferred for the adult business crowd : )

I have fairly large fingers and did not want the hassle of hard-to-dial "dainty" keypads. This is one of the wider flip-phone models -- it's fairly easy to dial, even with gloves on. Dialing with gloves on? Yes! One does find the need to dial with gloves on in colder regions!! : )

The one phone number per name is a negative -- an "easy" hiearchical phone book is preferred. I am still confused about saving numbers/ contacts to the SIM card vs. phone memory section. Manual is not helpful re. this.

For my basic phone needs I am very satified with the Motorola V551. And it's nice to know I have more "advanced" features/options for future use as I need them.

Christopher Hernandez
posted on 26 Dec 2004, 16:33

I Love You Moto

Motorola i thought u culdnt get any better but this phone is amazing it works great the color and the display is absolutely amazing. This is the best phone i have ever bought!

MUNIR TAILOR
posted on 25 Dec 2004, 00:18

VERY GOOD AND NICE PHONE

I GOT THIS PHONE LAST MONTH AND IT'S WORKS GOODAND I LIKE THE BLUE TUTH .V551 IS VERY EASY TO USE.SPEKER WORKS VERY GOOD AND IT'S LOUD.V551 YOU CAN USE ANY PLACE IN THE WORLD.LAST WEEK I USED IN INDIA IT'S WORK FINE.

bubba
posted on 11 Dec 2004, 20:05

v551

Fantastic Phone... got it free after rebates so it was a no brainer! Only had to sign a 1 year contract too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chrissy
posted on 06 Dec 2004, 16:49

i love the phone

i actually sell this phone at an authorized dealer and my customer love this phone. they come and tell me that this is the best phone that they ever had. i sell this phone because i have it and i know i wont disapoint any one

JAY
posted on 03 Dec 2004, 14:12

Phone is GREAT, BUT....

I have one problem. Im not sure if you guys have it also, but whenever i charge my phone, the phone turns off, so i can not recieve any incoming calls while charging, UNLESS, i catch it and turn it back on. The charging continues, but the phone is off. Why?

Other than that, i love the phone! Overall quality and feel make it a great purchase. I am still on the free 30 day upgrade period, and am wondering if i should upgrade it, and if i do, to what?

smiley
posted on 29 Nov 2004, 16:23

thsi thing is awesome for how cheap it is

i just got mine from cell tech in brooklyn new york (free + 50dollars rebate) everything works perfect and the plan came with 800 minutes for three phones, only 3o amonth for all three! awesome, awesome, awesome.

PS I found that ejaculating on the phone comment a little wierd. first of all, ur name makes it seem you are a women (most women are more conservative) and second of all its a nice phone and i would never ejaculateon it.

Gary
posted on 23 Nov 2004, 22:19

V551 with bluetooth HS 820 Headset

Awesome phone. Traded up from a V400. Both are great phones and have excellent camera. This is also a video cam. All technology and functionality significantly more advanced than the V400. Don't even consider getting the V400. I always use a headset. Important for my biz that sound quality be excellent. The HS 820 is the highest quality yet, better than the wired headsets. No idea how it can be so excellent without an external mike boom. Only thing I don't like is the web homepage. Not as useful as the homepage links for the V400. Many links are pay for use sites. Did a lot of research. Best I can tell this is the technically most advanced phone available.

Siby
posted on 19 Nov 2004, 08:13

price?

I just got my phone yesterday. I work at a cingular wireless indirect dealer. I was just curious on how much everyone paid for theirs and on which rate plan and if there were any rebates received. And the phone totally rocks!

Aadib Anisa
posted on 18 Nov 2004, 21:07

Anisa

I am extremely satisfied with my purchise... The camera i find is not as good quality as my old phone, but overall i am ejaculating on my phone right now its so nice...

Jack
posted on 18 Nov 2004, 06:47

V551 Rocks

V551 is a great phone i just recently upgraded to it from the V400 (great phone also), This phone does every thing that i need it to do, and it works flawlessly, the bluetooth and EDGE, were the main reasons why i got this phone, im glad that i did.

colin
posted on 18 Nov 2004, 06:13

good phone BUT...

Everything on this phone is good, however you cannot send any pics or video if you are with rogers, some kind of bug they are working out with motorola.