Motorola V180 / V186 / V188 User Reviews

S
posted on 23 Jan 2008, 13:50

Reliable

Geez this things been getting bad reviews. I've been using mine daily for 2 years and it has always worked great. I'm a contractor and have dropped this thing from atop ladders - it explodes every time. It goes back together easily and works perfectly every time. Kinda wish it would go bad so I could justify getting a newer phone. As far as I know, Motorola builds the toughest phones available.

Taz
posted on 23 Aug 2006, 10:03

4.8

Motorola Charging Connection Sucks

Well, I have owned about 6 phones in my time, 3 of which were Motorola phones. I have had my troubles with each, but Motorola has topped them all for having the most annoying freaken issues. I am tired of playing around with the charger connection. The issue somehow miraculously always starts after the warranty runs out. Sometime you have to angle it with a book or tape it securely somehow, it's just about time I learned my lesson. They have made it a standard, and wont be changing anytime soon. If you are alittle rough with your phones, I would suggest trying another brand if you feel my pain with this stupid issue.

demonchild
posted on 20 Jul 2006, 20:40

2.6

Devil's reject

I hated this phone. I work for cingular and I have noticed that Motorola SUCKS A**. My V180's speaker went out completely only two months after having it. All I could hear was static and the only way I could hear was to close the phone half way and try to talk to somone that way. It really sucked. This phone is no where near comparable to my LG C 2000 I have now GREAT PHONE!!!! But everyone should just throw out their Motorola phones. THEY SUCK!!!!!!!

Dave
posted on 14 Dec 2005, 11:45

Lock Ups

This phone locks up randomly. Both myself and my boss had the same phone. His locked up and finally died on him. Mine used to lock up once in a blue moon but is not locking up all the time, even in the middle of calls. The only way to get it to work again is to remove and replace the battery. Avoid this phone like it were a turd on the sidewalk.

buddibear
posted on 24 Aug 2005, 15:20

Same as everyone else

I must admit that the speaker is a plus, but it's the ONLY advantage this phone has. Sound is terrible and the options are limited. I definately will be doing my homework next time.

Pissedd
posted on 13 Aug 2005, 04:16

DISGUSTED

Well im a 15 year old girl who wanted a cell.. my parents bought it 4 me and the first day i got it my friend tries to call and i didnt even feel it vibrating on me... the speaker phone is amazing but how r you supposed to put the speaker phone on IF YU DONT EVEN FEEL OR HEAR someone is calling you.... truly pathetic!!

cheryl
posted on 09 Aug 2005, 16:37

4.4

What a POS

This phone is the biggest P.O.S. I have ever owned in my life. My screen done the same thing, they sent it back to the company for repair, 2 days after getting it back, it done the exact same thing. They gave me a new V180, we'll see how long this one lasts!

george
posted on 02 Aug 2005, 04:06

3.6

i hate this phone

first off the if you get this phone you're prepate to be charging it every minute. the battery life is ridicolus. another thing, this phone is so boring that you might as well carry around your house phone. this phone is probably the biggest mistake motorola has ever made. 3 months after i had it and the screen stopped working. its just blank now! i cant even see my missed calls and every time i have to call someone whose number i dont know by heart, i have to swich sim cards w/ another phone to see the #. i really dont recommend this phone.

Volguus Zildrohar
posted on 20 Jul 2005, 11:46

4.4

Not Recommended

Looks nice, but the speakerphone sucks, and the phone feels cheap. Display is very small, too. Not Recommended.

don
posted on 09 Jul 2005, 22:34

5.2

bad

This phone sucks!! I thought the battery was malfunctioning when I bought it and I bought a new battery, but its still the same 6hrs standby time and like 2 hrs talk time. I could go 2 days without charging my old nokia phone but this one I gotta charge every minute I have time so it doesnt die on me. I hate this phone and I wouldnt recommend it!

eva
posted on 06 Jul 2005, 18:03

good voice quality

This is the closes cell phone I've found to giving good old fashioned POTS quality and ease of use. My only complaint is that the phone book is hard to use - it doesn't let you save multiple numbers for a single person.

david gahan
posted on 16 Jun 2005, 21:36

cool

I think this phone is in general, good, but the battery is weak, I live in Brazil and it´s ready to use just for 5 days, after this, the power is off.

Nick Anderson
posted on 04 May 2005, 02:19

Though the phone doesn't have a long battery life, it is very simple to use and function works great. good reception with t mobile and great buy. would recommend for people who consider buying this phone.

beanie
posted on 28 Apr 2005, 17:47

beanie

this phone is awful. the battery life is weak and my display quit working. i get awful reception compared to my previous 2 phones and my husband's phone. i am not happy about any portion of the phone, other then the fact it flips. not a smart buy on my part.

Angela
posted on 04 Apr 2005, 18:21

pretty good

i thought this phone was pretty good i had it since christmas and it hasn't dun me wrong dont try to buy covers for it cuz they never fit and i cant figure out how to assign rigers i mean i found the thing were yo do it but it does not work if you no how and it worked for you please E-mail me at Alefler06@aol.com

bradnic
posted on 01 Jan 2005, 23:22

Mr

Range limited compaired to other phone. Sending text limited to strong signal. Vibration/ring hard to hear. Location and software hard to find and expensive. Phone book design poor, manual hard to understand. Overall ok, no great find.