Motorola RAZR2 V9x User Reviews

ashland
posted on 18 Mar 2011, 04:13

just a Razr user

ashland has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I know this board is a bit old as well as my Razr2 V8, nut I have a question because I love this phone. After 2.5 years this phone Has no Life. What I'm considering is purchasing a new Razr2 V9X non carrier and placing the components into the heavier and nicer V8 case. Anyone done it? It's 50/50 by several phone repair shops I contacted the components will fit the V8 Viewing the Youtube take aparts they use the identical titles and what I've seen look identical.
Looking for insight thanksl

Text input 10/10 I'm not a texter, but I love when it reads my texts email and messages As my GF says it's a real MAN phone

Pros

• Love the looks and it's all the bells and whistles I need for a everday voice flip and it reads my text and email as well as Voice dialing

Cons

• It"s broke Wauhhhhhh

Timothy Martin Sweatt
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 20:39

Razr 2 V9x is just awful

Ok, ever since the razr first came out, I wanted to get it SO bad, itd look so awesome, then the Razr2 came out and I thought things were better! So when I first got it, It was awesome, I didnt have a problem (I almost had an orgasm unboxing it :O lol) but after a few months, the thing wouldnt charge so I got a replacement, now this one didnt charge, so I replaced it and this one I have currently key's wont work. I try to text and only the number 9 would work. It just awful, Im waiting to replace it with a full qwerty keyboard phone. Beware of this Razr lovers, Razrs arent everything...believe me

Pros

• Incredible Pictures, External touch screen, Loud Speakers, Great Design

Cons

• Battery Life, Keys malfunction, cant send long videos, freezes

Kevin H. Dawson
posted on 17 Jun 2009, 18:58

Phone gets hot on the back while talking.

I have had the Razr2 V9x for approximately 2 months now.  My previous phone was a Razr2 V with AT&T.  The V9x back of the phone gets hot while you are talking on it which the V did not have this problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Pros

• Great reception and clarity of voice communications.

Cons

• Short battery life and back of phone gets hot while talking on it.

posted on 08 May 2009, 11:21

i had this phone for about 7 months and at first the charge was good but then when i started txting it would only last a few hours and i would have to recharge it often. very durable if it is dropped and thrown though to my surprise. i love the touch screen and it has easy access to the web. it takes really good pictures also. it was a replacement phone and i love it.

Pros

• style
  • touch screen
  • pictures

John Doe
posted on 17 Feb 2009, 13:52

Expert

Well, not a review, but a comment.  It is well known that Motorola cell phone batteries require several charge-recharge cycles before they reach full capacity.  If you need even more juice, buy an extended battery, which of course also requires that you purchase an extended battery cover, so that the fatter battery will fit into your phone.

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 14:19

Motorola RAZR 2 V9x

This makes my 3rd RAZR 2 I've owned and its by far the best one!  The first 2 I owned was on Verizon and Alltel and they were disappointing.  Verizon crippled customizations and other features with their stupid common UI and Alltel's had glitches (probably their network).  But this one is great, fully customizable, fast and updated software, GPS, awesome performance and features and its on AT&T's blazing fast 3G network.  I've not had one negative issue with this except the battery should be bigger.  With constant use it'll run down especially with data use.  Despite the battery its definatly worth it.  All these people still bashing Motorola obviously hasn't had this phone.  I admit I was getting a little negative with Moto but this phone made me like them again.

Pros

• Reception
  • Perfomance
  • Customization
  • Video Share
  • GPS (AT&T Nav is awesome)
  • 3G speed
  • Software
  • Expandable memory with MicroSD (up to 8GB)
  • Micro USB charger
  • Crystal Talk for clear sound

Unlocked-GSM
posted on 25 Dec 2008, 03:05

Good RAZR2 v9x

I thought this phone would be harder to operate at first.  I actually do a lot of testing when it comes down to phones.  This one hung in there fairly well.  It's really thin and compact.  The only thing that I do have a complaint about is that for people who are in condtructin, this wouldn't be a good phone.  The outside LCD may break too easily.  Other than that, it's fine. http://unlocked-gsm.net

Pros

• Made after the Famous V3

Cons

• Glass LCD not for construction workers or outdoor workers. Prone to breaking if in labor industry.

posted on 08 Dec 2008, 00:20

it's so good it makes me miss my V3xx. both phones are brilliant pieces of art that keep you coming back for more. the crips clean screen makes your jaw drop and the soft easy to use keys maek the phones all the more fun to play with

Pros

• the phone

Dan Gordon
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 10:24

It's a great phone

After having my original Razor over four years without any troubles I upgraded with the V9x.  It's a great sturdy phone with excellent call quality.  If your looking for a keyboard/mp3 player this isn't your best choice but if you want a quality built world phone this is it.  Batteries done charge fully when they are brand new, and if you don't have your phone programed so that it sucks up the battery life prematurely you shouldn't have a problem with your battery - short of a bad battery to begin with.

Pros

• Sturdy, bright screen, quality phone clarity. A great phone!

Cons

• If you're a text freak the key pad is too small/crowded.

posted on 21 Nov 2008, 23:38

2.3

Worst Battery and picture button in wrong places

1. Battery: I have had this phone for two weeks and I am about to return it because of the battery life. My previous phone, first model of v3 purchased 4 years ago was holding 3 days of talk time (not continuous, but I was on the phone for hours all the time). I could leave my phone for over 2 weeks without recharging when talked less.
9Vx - first day after recharging it lost all the bars after 1/2 of talk time and few messages. It improved slightly after second recharge but still I can talk only less than 1.5 hrs per day and battery gets flat at the end of the day.
Being always on the go, and no place to recharge battery - I am returning this phone and shopping for something better.
2. Picture button gets pressed accidently very often. It is simply located in the wrong place where you have a grip. Also, I had to leave the touch screen buttons off as they were getting pressed accidently as well just when I was holding the phone.

Beach
posted on 21 Nov 2008, 10:10

V9x

Easy to read screen compared too last V3. Love the two large screens. Does not feel as well built as V3. Feels larger and heavier. Battery charge life is short, but only had for two weeks. You can change shortctus on opening screen just like V3. Everybody says voice quality is very good, so I am happy with it. Plan on getting nav. for traveling on business.

Pros

• Easy to read sceens
  • Voice quality

D.Outlaw
posted on 18 Nov 2008, 12:32

Great Phone, Crappy battery life

I just got this phone let me say that off all the Razors I owned this is by far the best.  Touch screen(external) is one of them many perks you get with this.  Although you can't set up shortcuts like on the v3.  Now that I raved about How much I like the phone the major, major con is the battery life.  I plugged it up for the first time, charged it full, set up some basics and went to be, next morning I got one call and two text messages and it was completey dead!  I recharged it fully got maybe 3 to 5 calls and no more than 20 text messages and low battery again.  I can't imagine how quick it would go if I dared to use the MP3 or GPS.

Pros

• Thin, very user friendly, Camera is way better than the v3xx, External touch screen lets you read text messages without opening your phone. Many more

Cons

• The Battery Life. Once they fix this the phone would be a force to reckon with!

posted on 30 Oct 2008, 21:20

this phone is here to drop bombs

this phone is eplosively fantastic. LOVE IT TO THE CORE. BETTER THAN V9. i just can't stop opening flip cuz the screen dazzles in front of my eyes and has me mesmerized. the buttons are well and very well spaced out

Pros

• dual big screens
  • lots of colors on the screen
  • very fast phone
  • great mp3 function
  • loving the cam

Cons

• no flash (but its too thin anyway)