Motorola RAZR V3c User Reviews

carfreak715
posted on 29 Jun 2010, 14:20 (Posts: 8; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)

My First Phone

i got this as my first phone when i was in 5th grade and turned 10. this phone never shit the bed on me, and the camera quality wasnt that bad for what i did with it. at the time, the RAZR was like, the shit, so people were so jealous of a 5th grader with a RAZR. the only major problem was the battery life. and it didnt support an SD card, either. i was a music junkie, so this pissed me off pretty good. i had this for Verizon, and i took it in the gunmetal gray. they spacingg on the keypad was great for beginner texters, like i was. overall, this was a great phone, and i loved it.

Pros

• Durability

Cons

• No Music
  • No SD Card Slot

posted on 11 Feb 2010, 20:31

1.7

frajeeeelay   fragile,   i don't know of anyone with one of these phones where the camera and or outer screen are not damaged.  and very delicate when it comes to water damage. the first one started always going on the fritz after i spilt a teeny tiny bit of negra modelo beer on it one time.  i broke my first one completely getting it caught in the inner moving parts of a recliner and had to borrow one that a friend was not using anymore to replace it because it was a company phone.   the sound of the ringer is controlled by a side button which easily turns itself to silent in a pocket or holder.  i'm shellin out my own clams for a  verizon boulder from ebay for 120.00  this time and hopefully it will work out for me.

Pros

Cons

• SENSITIVE VOLUME BUTTON ON SIDE WILL TURN ITSELF DOWN WHEN GENTLY BUMPED. DELICATE OUTER WINDOWS. SENSITIVE TO LIQUID.

MotorolaExpert
posted on 21 Jul 2008, 22:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2008)

The BESt first phone i've ever had.

when i first got my RAZR, it was the best day of my life, the cold gunmetal feel to the phone was mesmerizing. i was into the phone for a while because the features were averge but the real downside of it that if you have Verizon Wireless, it did not have an MP3 player, so i had to use recordings of songs i got off the internet. it worked for a while but then it got really annoying because everything just wasnt what i expected. the design was great, but i got it for $80 brand new. it definitley was a bang for your buck, but i think the RAZR 2 is much better.

allie
posted on 26 Apr 2008, 17:45

i love this phone. :)

i loved my razr so much. it was by far the best phone i have ever had. the only thing i didnt like was it got water damage so easily. i answered a call in the rain one time. and it completely stopped working. but it was absolutely amazing while i had it. i would totally recommend this phone to anyone.

David
posted on 16 Mar 2008, 22:42

Sleek, reliable, excellent value

I've used my RAZR V3c on Alltel for nearly two years now. I have nothing but GOOD to say about it.

The design is sleek and eye-catching, as we all know by now. The software interface is brilliant. I've seen the software interface for the V3c on Verizon and some other networks, and it was very annoying, unaesthetic and poorly designed. However, the unlocked interface on Alltel is absolutely top-notch. It comes with several skins which give it a great look and the menus are not only entirely intuitive and easy to use, but they also look great with animated icons, etc. The 1.3 megapixel camera works perfectly and, because Alltel also has the bluetooth capabilities unlocked, I was easily able to buy y bluetooth adapter for my computer and transfer pictures and music back and forth from phone to computer very easily.

This thing is also tough as nails. I don't know what those who are saying it breaks easily are talking about, but over the past year and a half, I've dropped thing thing, without a case, onto pavement, concrete, ice, etc. and it keeps working perfectly. I think it has cold-rebooted on me maybe two times since I've owned it. Also, there is really very minimal damage to the exterior considering how it's gotten beat up so much. I actually lost it in the snow in the dead of Michigan winter last month and even then, it still works — unfortunately, my battery life is almost totally shot (which is to be expected if you lose an electronic in the freezing cold for over a day)...

Chris
posted on 17 Jan 2007, 23:48

Not a bad phone!

I have had my RAZR for about 6 months now...and I love it! With the integrated MP3 player..I now have tunes when I go camping. The camera does not have the best design...but it isn't too bad. First thing I did was add my MMC memory card so I can get more pictures. I changed from a different Motorola phone...I like the quality. I also like the speaker phone feature on this phone which allows it to work even with the clamshell closed. Of course...I have to be careful to make sure the call was ended so I don't say something I shouldn't! :)

zaxos
posted on 17 Nov 2006, 03:56

4.6

Opinion for Motorola RAZR V3c

The spelling sucks because of the iTAPEN and the keys being so far away, T9 far more superior. Got it free and I am still going back to my old phone. Worse phone I ever had. It looks cool, but it is not comfortable at all, falls of your hands, imposible to type fast, phone menu's are the slowest of any phone I have ever seen, there is no flash for the camera and there is no vibration option to go with the ringer...........I though every phone had that since 1999..........what a dissapointment. Funny thing I got it for free because the guy who bought it hated it after 1 week.
Seriously if you use your phone, do not buy a RAZR.
It is the best looking phone though ! How sad !

Charles
posted on 27 Sep 2006, 10:05

Its ok

I have the v3c for metro pcs! i had 2 pay $300 for it because MEtRoPCS is a non contract phone company but its not prepaid! the only thing u dont like about it is that it doesnt have a memory card expansion!

Someone
posted on 21 Sep 2006, 18:20

ICK!

TERRIBLE IT FALLS A PART EASY !!!!!!!! ICKKKKKKKKK! CRAPPY!!

RAZR fan
posted on 23 Jun 2006, 21:27

BEAUTIFUL

This phone is BEAUTIFUL! I haven't got one yet, but I love it already. One of my relatives has one and they love it so far. I can't wait till I get one.

DINOMAN22
posted on 16 Jun 2006, 11:49

V3c Verizon, Bell, CDMA, Alltel--gotta flash it first!!!

Right out of the box the V3c is beautiful, but the inner workings are a bit slow, this is because of verizon's GUI, aka the red bars!!!!
Any one not happy with Verizons out of the box V3c can flash it at the Verizon store free of charge to improve its speed and menus....but if ya really want to make it yours then you flash it to Alltel, and have customizable skins and what nots..find it here http://wiki.howardforums.com/motorola/index.php/Motorola_V3c_Tutorial:_Flashing_to_Alltel_User_Interface

Ashlee
posted on 04 Jun 2006, 01:08

Love the phone.

OK so some people on here have very poor spelling skills, but I guess I won't let that bother me. I really enjoy this phone. I have a US Cellular V3c and I have no reception problems or "buzzing" in my earpiece, so I am not really sure where that came from. As far as price, I was probably one of the last few who paid top dollar for this phone, before the price was drastically dropped. But overall I love this phone b/c it takes sweet pics. Its a great phone.

rony
posted on 02 May 2006, 01:59

4.4

dont buy it

why to buy this sucks!
do not spend your money on this. Get any NOKIA.
reception is very BAD. sometime it got blackout.. dropped cal.. automatecally screen shuts down and call failed.. takes time to execute the order given to it..
what else to say..
i had a NOKIA 6010 before... that was wayyyy better than this.. useing the same carrier and sayaing at the same location while writing this crap for motorolla..
guys think twice before buying this phone,
thanks

kid nova
posted on 27 Apr 2006, 15:38

5.8

is evryone around hear depth?!?

this phone sucks for the one reason that renders it useless AS A PHONE!-the frigin buzzing in the earpiece! doesnt anyone hear that constant buzzing in reciever?! ive tested it on all networks and on over 15 diff versions of the phone and the only time i didnt hear that buzz was on a cingular network grey version. who cares so much about all the mumbo jumbo crap that come with phones these days that we overlook the first thing a phone is supposed to be used for that we windup not caring about premium soundquality.....the first point of a useable phone.
goes tohow how pathetic this industry is and the puppet customers that pay them that much for crap equipment that is killing you so much that now you can hear its buzzing signals as they fry the side of your brain. they dont even care about hiding that now........as long as your happy to take pictures of your cat for wallpaper.....who cares if you cant hear calls clearly and you shaving 10 years off your life....right!?

Greg
posted on 07 Apr 2006, 20:57

+1 for the Razr V3c

Mine is an Alltel phone and for a basic phone with basic features it is great. Up to this point the best flip phone I've had was a Nokia 6255i. It was a little fat but had great reception, great battery life and an expandable memory, MP3 player/FM radio (great to use while walking or working out).

The battery life of the V3c has been excellent and the reception is fantastic too. I live on the edge of reception in the counrty and so far it hasn't let me down. It is wonderful not having an antenna to pull out.
Plus: Battery life, Reception, very thin (carry in your pocket without it buldging out), beautiful color screen, good camera pictures.
Minus: Screen washes out in bright sunlight, keypad feel is vague, no expandable memory, no MP3 player, weak vibrating mode, side buttons can be accidently pushed and silence the ringer, no supplied computer software (for adding ringtones/pics or screen savers).

Actually, even with the minus's I like the phone very much.

catwoman
posted on 25 Mar 2006, 23:28

disappointed

when i first saw this phone i fell in love with its cute design and the number of features it had. what i was NOT impressed with was its extreme price. i bought it anyway hoping that the supposed "top quality" features and performance would soon make up for it. THIS NEVER HAPPENED. the features were difficult to use and the performance of the phone painstakingly slow. at one time, just sending a text took over half an hour!!! therefore, i recommend this phone only to those who have a LOT of time on their hands

Cutie
posted on 23 Mar 2006, 12:33

Great phone!!!

This is such a great phone I absolutly love it! It is by far the best phone I have ever purchased. It not only looks sleek & stylish it's features are as well.

posted on 09 Mar 2006, 19:08

i luv it

i absolutely love it it is the best phone ever. I luv ittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Codus
posted on 27 Feb 2006, 22:49

Solid

I bought this phone for $300.00 with a $100.00 mail in rebate which wasnt so bad. (Now online and for a limited time there $99.00) Along with activating the device I tried there V Cast service free for 1 month. Again wasnt so bad.

However with V Cast, on the RAZR, you cant download music, cant stream music, which pretty much, (for me) destroys the purpose of V Cast. I can still watch V Cast Video, and play V Cast games, but its not worth $15.00 a month.

Lately it seems that verizon is crippling there phone with the horred identical software. Which of course is on the RAZR and every other phone thats not a smartphone. The camera is good for a 1.3 however with the video capabilities would go past 15 seconds recording time. Althoguh there is no flash you still get good pictures in a dimmed lighting area.

I asked a representative abotu getting pictures off the device and he tols me thatthe only way would be to send your pictured to "Pix Place" but that takes forever if you have a lot of pictures and not a lot of time.

Althoguh everyone has one and there are multipul colors its still pretty cool to say "Hey I have a RAZR" I like the grey/steel or whatever color, and the blue lighting on the keypad. The fact that it automatically detects with a fancy sensor (OOOOOOO AHHHHHH) when it dark and when its light it pretty nice and conserves power.

Its nice having AIM MSN YAHOO preloaded and all set to go etc. For me its easy to hear the persona im talking to and the speakerphone...