Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD User Reviews

Battery9.9/10
Reception9.7/10
Display9.7/10

flygirl
posted on 04 Sep 2013, 13:06 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

flygirl has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Hi Purplefish,
Download the Swiftkey app. I love it and find it easier now than a physical keyboard. Also, download the K-9 app for your email. I have a pop email account and the K-9 handles it beautifully. I don't use the factory email. I've had the phone since the launch (almost a year) and still absolutely love it!

purplefish212
posted on 03 Sep 2013, 17:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)

Very Good Phone for a longtime BlackBerry user

purplefish212 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This was my first non-BlackBerry smartphone, and I have to say it took some getting used to, however I now am fairly pleased with this phone. I love the screen, and battery life is phenomenal. I no longer have to bring a charger (or spare battery as I did with BlackBerrys) along with me. The phone has excellent hardware, but the software is now having some hiccups. So much so that my email deleted itself and Verizon replaced my phone for free. Call quality is great and internet browsing is above average. The camera is decent also. My biggest complaint is the Android is the keyboard. I am accustomed to excellent physical keyboards, and the keyboard on this phone has been a difficult adjustment. I still frequently make typos and this slows down my message output.The phone has also been slowing down significantly in the last few months. Launching apps takes drastically longer than it did during the first 6 months of ownership. I also dislike the lack of a centralized email area. Other than a couple gripes, this has been a reliable phone for me.

• Multimedia

Cons

• Software

purplefish212 alternatives:

glennpettit
posted on 08 Jul 2013, 12:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jul 2013)

Wow! Not missing my Droid 3 at all!

glennpettit has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Having started on a BlackBerry Curve, "graduated" to a Droid 2 and then Droid 3, I was worried going to a non-keyboard phone. In fact, the only physical buttons on this thing are the volume and power buttons, so it's all touchscreen/softkeys or nothing. Well, with Jelly Bean and my own addition of SwiftKey, I am amazed at how easily I have made the transition.

Better than that is the battery life. On the first day I had it, fresh out of the box with about a 60% charge, I made it to bedtime with 20% left. That may not sound like much of a feat until you consider that I had to re-download the 40+ apps I regularly had on my old Droids, that I used Bluetooth to transfer files and SMS from teh old phones, and I tried out the Wifi Hotspot for an hour or so. In other words I put that battery to the test. Since then I haven't seen it ever dip below 20% even after a full day off of cruising the web, syncing the remaining apps and music I missed that first day, and allowing my kids to play games for hours. Yeah, I am loving the battery life.

My Droid RAZR HD MAXX came with Android 4.1.2 Jelly bean, so I haven't had to deal with any updates other than for apps. I love the newer Android features, but the bloatware was still there--until I rooted it and froze them so they'd stop loading in memory. Slacker!?!? On a limited data plan? No way!

Another nice thing has been the quality of the 4G signal. On my Droid 2 & 3, we noticed that our 3G signal dropped 2 bars from one part of our hosue...

Build quality 10/10 Solid, slim, and just the right size.
Reception 9/10 So far reception has been excellent.
Internet 10/10 WAY better than on my previous 3G phones!
Multimedia 8/10 Sound is a little tinny, but display is gorgeous.
Camera 8/10 Pretty decent, and much less prone to red shift than my previous Droids.
Text input 10/10 Better than previous Droids, and the voice input is surprisingly accurate. Love voice searching now!
Display 9/10 Looks great head-on, but dims noticeably from an angle. Good outdoor visibility.
Battery 10/10 16 hours is nor problem for this beast!

• Jelly Bean

Cons

• Bloatware

gmracer1
posted on 28 May 2013, 18:35 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)

Went from the Maxx to the Maxx HD

gmracer1 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm a diehard Moto fan. I've already owned the Maxx (owned for 15 months), and then I wanted a bigger (and higher res.) screen, so I bumped to the Maxx HD. All I can say is, I'm in love. The phone is smexy, the screen is gorgeous, the battery life is the same as the regular Maxx (two days battery life for me), and the reception is always the best--due to Tetra Comm's antennas, and of course the Kevlar backing + reinforced metal body + nanocoating = A battletank phone!

Side note: An HDR camera feature was added to the Maxx HD. The regular Maxx did not have this. I've compared numerous Auto-setting vs. HDR pics, and the results were pretty amazing.

Pros

Cons

• Not a single one

platterofhotfish
posted on 15 May 2013, 12:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 May 2013)

I adore my phone!

platterofhotfish has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love this phone. I am a phone salesperson and so I get to try out many many, phones. I obsessed for months about which phone I would get myself last Christmas. I decided on this one because it's biggest cons in reviews were the things I didn't care about. The battery life is amazing, the performance is easily on par with the galaxy s iii until you really start pushing it. It's easy to use, it doesn't have a bunch of annoying bloatware instead its a beautiful reskin of android. The features motorola added were mostly actually useful features. I love smart actions. The speaker is loud and the call quality is excellent. I have never had any problem with service or dropped calls. The battery life is an obvious high point. I have litteraly tried to kill it in a day on multiple occasions and failed. It is simply wonderful. The little ridge around the screen is a little uncomfortable to hold but I don't care. The camera isn't the best but I don't care much about the camera. The design is solid. And the notification light is so cool it just makes me giddy. This is a phone for people who like to get things done and don't want a bunch of gimmicky "features" that just get in the way. It is pure unadulturated technology made to work for you and make your life easier. It knocks the biggest downfall of smartphones out of the park and runs smooth with nary a hiccup. I highly reccomend it to anyone even though it's almost a one-year old phone. As a cell phone salesman if I were to buy a new...

Internet 9/10 Chrome is normally slower than the stock browser in my experience. It offer's some cool features and I like using it just sometimes it's a little slow and has some compatibility issues *cough* flash *cough*

Pros

• Extreme battery life
  • Very easy to use
  • very durable
  • Almost stock android
  • fast processor
  • good keyboard
  • Industrial design

Cons

• poor camera
  • uncomfortable to hold

platterofhotfish alternatives:

DMCenvy
posted on 20 Feb 2013, 03:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)

Rooted Razr Maxx HD

DMCenvy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Pretty OK with the stock Android software, but excellent with third party ROM and bloatware removed. For me, this phone is worth it's weight in gold with the large battery and other great specs. Only sports a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU and 1G of RAM, but still runs surprisingly snappy.

Build quality 10/10 The phone is built with pretty decent materials. It has the perfect amount of heftiness to it, not too heavy, not too light. Love the grey trim that goes around the edge of the phone.
Reception 9/10 The reception can be off by one bar every now and then, which isn't a big deal, but I live in a metro area with strong 4G signal. My original Razr never had any issues in the area. But, I also have a third party ROM installed on the phone, so cannot necessarily blame the phone itself. Overall, not an issue at all, and the reception is stil plenty strong, just worth mentioning.
Call quality 10/10 Haven't had any complaints yet. Clear call quality on both sides.
Internet 10/10 The connection in my area typically ranges between 12 Mbps to 50 Mbps, depending on the time of day. Naturally there aren't any complaints considering it's tied to Verizon's 4G. Have Chrome installed, which is awesome for general browsing. No hiccups so far with any apps or browser.
Multimedia 10/10 Plays videos and music. Can't say a whole lot more than that, other than it all works like it's suppose to. HD videos do look pretty awesome on the new screen.
Camera 9/10 The camera does everything I need it to. I'm sure it's not the best, but I have owned phones like the original Droid, Droid X, Droid Charge, and a Blackberry Bold, all of which have pretty mediocre cameras, so this camera is pretty decent in comparison. Plus, I'm not a professional photographer, so it takes awesome pics going by my standards.
UI speed 10/10 The stock Verizon/semi-Blur Android software is pretty iffy in my opinion. Naturally, it's loaded full of crap apps that most people will never use, so this slows the phone down significantly, and also drains the battery slightly faster. I rated the UI speed a 10 based solely on the fact that I am running a custom ROM, which unlocks the full potential of the phone. When you remove all the bloatware and junk, this phone is pretty dang zippy and sips juice as it was meant to.
Text input 9/10 The text input is just typical ole Android keyboard, but it is significantly improved over past versions. It has better text prediction and error correction, and likes to guess the next word you are going to type. The keyboard is pretty laggy on stock software, but with the ROM I have installed, it works pretty well without any complaints.
Display 10/10 Would be cool to see an even higher resolution as compared to other phones coming out, but 720 is pretty OK, too. HD videos look awesome and has great contrast and definition.
Battery 10/10 The primary reason I considered this phone was obviously for the battery. It lasts a good long while with normal use. On the other had, after I rooted the phone and installed a custom ROM with all the Verizon bloatware removed, the battery excelled. A single charge can last me two days with pretty moderate use, and probably even three if I felt compelled to leave it off the charger. I am amazed to own a smart phone that can go an entire day and still have 70 some percent left on a charge.

• Hardware
  • 4G network
  • Sound Quality
  • A lot more
  • NFC

Cons

• Stock bloat apps
  • Lack of Google Wallet support

gtrxman
posted on 05 Jan 2013, 15:59 (Posts: 122; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)

Best Phone I Have Ever Owned

gtrxman has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone is easily the best phone I have ever used. The build quality is fantastic. The Kevlar back is just tacky enough that the phone doesn't slip out of your hands. The overall height and width are perfect for my large hands (though someone with smaller hands might have an issue). The brushed metallic band around the phone adds a classy touch (a la iPhone). The feel in your hand is perfect. Heavy enough that it doesn't feel like it will fly away, but not so heavy as to be too heavy. I can't believe how thin the phone is with the size battery it has.

People always compare this to the Galaxy SIII and say that the Galaxy is faster and has more RAM. I don't see anything wrong with the speed of this phone, and given that Motorola's version of JB is stripped down compared to TouchWiz, I don't think that any slight difference in speed is appreciable in real world use. Frankly, although the SIII is a nice phone, I can't stand TouchWiz and its cartoonish icons and oversaturated colors. In this price range, I also expect better materials than plastic throughout.

My only complaint is the camera, which while it is an improvement over previous Motorola cameras, still needs some work. I really don't take too many pictures, though, so this is really not an issue for me.

I've substituted Nova Launcher for the standard launcher (the standard one is very nice, but I've been a Nova user for a while and love the customization options), and have not seen any slowdowns or stuttering....

• Performance

t0ked
posted on 13 Dec 2012, 19:37 (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)

Amazing Phone!

t0ked has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone is amazing. I just updated to Jelly Bean and love it even more. The first day I had the phone, I was on it for several hours straight. And after about 4 hours of consistent screen on time, it was down to 70%! Coming from the Tbolt, that is just a miracle. The phone feels solid, like it was carved from one piece of granite. The screen is beautiful and just flies with LTE. Voice quality is better than my Cablevision VoIP phone line. and it picks up a LTE signal where my old Tbolt would be at 1X.

Software wise, it is pretty much barebones AOSP. The few touches Motorola has left in is pretty nice. The best is SmartActions. You should read about it. So nice knowing the minute I enter my house, the wifi goes on. Also the phone is set to silent at night, but it lets important phone calls through! If Motorola would sell this app on the Play Store, I'd buy it for my family's other phones. It's that convenient. And the whole phone is splashproof. Figuring that is how my last phone met its demise, this was a clear bonus.

When looking for a phone, I compared this with the S3 and the DNA. Even with a 4.7" screen, I could easily use this phone with one hand. Not so much the other two phones. Neither phone can touch the MAXX in terms of batterylife which was one of the most important criteria for me.

Now the camera. It is the only real weak point on this phone. If anyone knows about the camera on the Tbolt, this a huge a step up. Even night shots are better. So that was good enough...

Build quality 10/10 Feels solid, like it was made from one block of granite.
Reception 10/10 Motorola is famous for its radio reception, and now I know why. Pulls in a 4G LTE signal where other phones can't. Stronger signal than my sisters' S3 and RAZR M.
Call quality 10/10 Crystal clear. Actually clearer than my Cablevision VoIP phone line.
Camera 8/10 Not up to S3 standards. But after Jelly Bean, more than acceptable. Better than my old Thunderbolt. I really feel the camera issue is over-blown.
UI speed 10/10 Smooth and no lag that I experience. It got better with Jelly Bean update.
Everyday usage 10/10 Awesome. I never worry about battery life anymore. And with it being able to pull in a signal pretty much everywhere, best phone I can think of for everyday use.
Text input 10/10 I use Swiftkey. I can use one hand to send text messages.
Display 10/10 Looks awesome to me. I can't really tell the difference between the DNA and S3 with this phone at the distance I'm using the phone. Maybe if I used a magnifying glass. At reading distance, screen looks amazing.
Battery 10/10 3300mah. Lasts all day. Unplugged at 6AM. Heavy use throughout the day and its still at 40%-20% at 11pm when I plug it back in.

• SD Expandable
  • Loud speaker
  • MotoBlur

• Non-Removeable Battery

Dlano2010
posted on 11 Dec 2012, 01:37 (Posts: 0; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)

Great Phone!!!! It's a Mini-Computer/ HD tv in your pocket!!!

Dlano2010 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I bought the Droid Razr HD and although the phone was great, I could not beat the price for the Razr maxx HD was just $20 more on AmazonWireless, I had to get it. This phone was fast but after the update it is BLAZING!!! This is the phone to get.

Camera 7/10 Although I don't use the camera too often, it take OK pictures but this camera can be confusing to use at times.

Pros

• Great Speed and Excellent HD
  • Just got updated to Jellybean android 4.1
  • Looks Classy and and sexy!!

hgoldman77
posted on 22 Nov 2012, 11:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)

It's fine, wish it were better

hgoldman77 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This is a good phone with good call quality. It's large and thick and clunky, too big for me to use with one hand. The display is brilliant and the colors are pretty. It has trouble finding proximate wi-fi, which is a disappointment. When it finds wi-fi, it does not accept it with good strength unless it's very close to the router source. I've had experiences with the picture gallery freezing. The stock keyboard is awful; didn't even have cursor arrows on it that I could find, and you had to switch to numbers mode to punctuate. It's also difficult to organize pictures and media. There's no perfect phone: the Verizon iPhone can't run apps and make calls at the same time. The Samsung doesn't have great build quality and its screen is dim. If the Maxx had a decent camera, I would recommend it without reservation. It doesn't have a good camera and Motorola/Google should do something about it.

Build quality 10/10 solid break-resistant kevlar backing
Reception 9/10 Weaker than expected recognition of proximate wi-fi
Call quality 9/10 it's not perfect; it's good
Internet 8/10 Not great at recognizing wi-fi
Camera 4/10 Camera is not worthy of this phone.
UI speed 7/10 Could be more responsive; iPhone is.
Everyday usage 8/10 It's ok.
Text input 6/10 The stock keyboard is horrible. Download an apped keyboard, preferably the smart keyboard app.
Display 10/10 brilliantly bright and HD
Battery 10/10 longest lived battery I've ever experienced

• call quality

Cons

• camera slow blurry inadequate

hgoldman77 alternatives:

LiquidAlloy
posted on 14 Nov 2012, 23:13 (Posts: 1; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)

Best Android Phone in My Opinion

LiquidAlloy has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

This phone works perfect. Never hangs or locks up. Every App responds instantly. The screen resolution is crisp and colors look fantastic. Battery life destroys any other phone. The build quality is great, very solid design. Looks great also. The speaker is very loud and sounds better then any phone I have heard since the old school Nextels. The Verizon network and this phone = nothing better. The reception is amazing, voice quality on phone calls is crisp and the 4G LTE kills on this thing. I am getting 30+ mb/s down and 12+mb/s upload speeds, on a phone. Faster then home internet providers. There is ZERO cons with this device. I can't rave enough about this handset.

Build quality 10/10 Very solid design.
Reception 10/10 Verizon Verizon Verizon...
Call quality 10/10 Motorola handsets and Verizon = Very happy user
Internet 10/10 Verizons 4G LTE speeds are something amazing.
Multimedia 10/10 Adobe Flash Player, 720P display, fast LTE Streaming and 1.5 GHZ Dual Core snapdragon.
Camera 10/10 Looks great to me. Frame rate is smooth, no grainy pics and camera responds fast.
UI speed 10/10 Zero delay or choppiness scrolling screen to screen and/or loading an application.
Everyday usage 10/10 Can't use it enough. Not enough time in a day to kill this battery.
Text input 10/10 Keyboard works perfect. Very responsive and auto correct is.. correct.
Display 10/10 Extremely sharp text, strong colors, contrast ratio is incredible and looks great in direct sunlight.
Battery 10/10 3300ma battery, doubles most phones.

Pros

• Everything. EXTREMELY happy with this purchase.
  • Vibrate is strong btw.
  • HDMI Built on the phone. Mirrors image to any HDTV flawlessly
  • Ability to turn off 4G to 3G or kill data completely.
  • VERY user friendly
  • Micro SD card options. Great for keeping pics, vids and music on vs on internal memory.

Cons

• good luck finding any..
  • NONE

LiquidAlloy alternatives:

radzer0
posted on 08 Nov 2012, 17:24 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)

Great phone, worst camera ever

radzer0 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

0 complaints about his phone OTHER than the camera. I have a facebook wifi camera and plan on getting a galaxy camera soon. But who thought to put the cheapest sensor they could find in this phone?My dad bought a little video camera online for $3. Has no screen or anything just an on off slide switch. Charges via USB to a rechargeable WATCH battery. Quality is better on it.

Camera 3/10 My original droid incredible (3g) took better pictures indoors. I would have rathered a high end 3mp sensor from 4 years ago than this 8mp thing that belongs in the next version of the samsung convoy.

• Build quality
  • REAL Gorilla glass
  • Screen not pink tinged (GNex)

Cons

• Camera quality and speed.

anthony84118
posted on 31 Oct 2012, 09:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Oct 2012)

Best current gen battery life

anthony84118 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Easily the best phone I've had! The battery life is on par with the original RAZR MAXX. Unfortunately the camera is also on par with the original's and leaves a lot to be desired. Overall unless you're a serious shutterbug than this is the phone for you.

Pros

Cons

• Sub par camera

anthony84118 alternatives:

TheRetroReplay
posted on 30 Oct 2012, 02:56 (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)

Better than the S3

TheRetroReplay has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I recently picked this up after returning my Galaxy S3 and holy shnikes, this thing is faster than the S3, everything is a smooth transition from one screen to the the next. The build quality is so much better, my S3 dropped from a height of less than a foot and the back panel cracked. The Droid RAZR MAXX HD has some weight to it too, making it feel good in the hand and the on screen keyboard isn't the pain in the neck that the S3 is. The reception, perfect, everything comes in crystal clear and the antenna is much stronger than the S3 as I can get 4G in my house (I live in the boonies), unlike the S3 which couldn't hold a data connection or a call to save it's life.

And don't get me started on the battery life, not only does it last forever, but it sips battery juice even when power using it. The UI is very close to stock Android and feels like it has Jelly Bean already on it, the only thing it's missing is Google Now.

If you're on Verizon, get this phone, it's the best phone they have

Build quality 10/10 It has a good weight to it, it's not made of flimsy plastic and is made of very durable materials, Kevlar, Gorilla Glass, all a perfect combination for a durable phone.
Reception 10/10 I live in the middle of nowhere and I get full reception
Call quality 10/10 The calls sound like the person on the other end is standing right next to me, they're clear as crystal
Internet 10/10 Even on 3G this thing is wicked fast and 4G is insanely quick.
Multimedia 10/10 It uses Android's stock media players and not Motorola's own garbage
UI speed 10/10 This is smooth and fast as butter, you'd be shocked to learn that Jelly Bean isn't on it
Everyday usage 10/10 Works for everything I need it for and more
Text input 10/10 Perfect, the predictive text is accurate and gives you no problems when needing to correct a mistake
Display 10/10 Beautiful
Battery 10/10 This thing last forever!

Pros

• Gorgeous crisp screen
  • Excellent build materials
  • Amazing reception
  • Clear calling
  • Long lasting battery
  • Fast and smooth UI

Elkhunter
posted on 23 Oct 2012, 10:08 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)

Elkhunter has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Had the phone for three days and love it so far. Motorola has done a good job and I bet with Google's influence in the next few years we will see more great devices. I got rid of my I phone and will never look back!!

• great screen
  • fast processor
  • build quality
  • Android

joeyoung25
posted on 22 Oct 2012, 12:29 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)

Best phone on the market to date

joeyoung25 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I love this phone. I bought it the morning that it came out and have been impressed with the colors and size of the screen ever since. They also did a fantastic job on the camera with super sharp images and extremely fast shots. the video is amazing as well. I only have to charge my phone every other day thanks to smart actions for not wasting my battery life when Im not on my phone at night. The build quality on this phone is incredible as it feels and looks very solid. The back is kevlar coated and the front of course has gorilla glass. The screen and the battery are my favorite part of the phone but I have yet to think of a complaint for this phone. It is the same size and thickness as my droid x yet it has a gigantic battery

Borrie69
posted on 22 Oct 2012, 03:08 (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)

Very good Phone.

Borrie69 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Yes I haven't owned it for 6 months, which is what I would prefer before writing a well balanced review, but I have been blown away by the many aspects of the phone. I have tried my best to describe each of aspects below the rating of each aspect. I hope the review helps anyone looking into the phone, Yes I do wish it was a quadcore phone but even tho it's not, it still kicks ass. MUCH BETTER then the Ifail5 will ever be, has far superior quality then the Ifail5, except in the camera.
If you wish to get a phone I would highly recommend this phone, very good option to consider. It is easy to use if you are just starting out with smart phones, or if you are a developer then it would be a very good option. It caters to every type of person out there, yet specialize to none. It is a good phone to you if you are looking for a phone, try it and see how awesome it is.

Build quality 10/10 It is really a strong build quality. Yes it is a little thick but when you hold it in your hands it does not feel like it will fall apart like the S3. Would prefer it to be a little thinner but with the big battery inside it I understand the need for thickness.
Reception 10/10 The reception is extremely good. Better then the S3 and Ifail5.
Call quality 10/10 Superb quality. I feel like the other person is right in front of me. Just as a test i have done calls while in front of those big whirlpool fans on full blast, the noise cancelling works wonders as the person on the other end could understand everything i was saying. Motorola did wonders with how they managed to upgrade the quality from the Maxx (normal, not HD). Huge different, just make a call and you will see what I am talking about.
Internet 10/10 The switching of web pages is very smooth. The loading of pages is faster compared to the S3 or Ifail5.
Multimedia 10/10 The sound is not as loud as I would like but it works decent for a phone, better then the other phones out there. The clarity of the videos is outstanding, no denying the quality of the images. Viewing of pics or videos is good.
Camera 7/10 Highly disappointed, the camera is decent but for a new phone it is a joke. The time it takes to adjust to the lighting, the slow shutter speed and the few choices in settings make the camera way below par then the other phones out there. Yes it is a 8mp but honestly the quality of the images make it seem like it's a 5mp that came out 3 years ago.
UI speed 10/10 The general speed, efficiency and smoothness is really good. There is little lag from transferring between apps. I can run multiple programs at once with sustained performance.
Everyday usage 10/10 Simple amazing is one of the best ways i can describe the every day usage. From running navigation, to music player it has not let me down. I had the S3 for 1 month and some change but day to day usage it let me down in many important areas. I know that i can run multiple aps without slowing down the phone(yes even for a non quadcore phone). I have impeccable reception, terrific call quality. Overall it squeaks by the S3 in general usage. It beats the crap out of the Ifail5 any day.
Text input 9/10 I love the way the texting is and how you can input your own words in it. It is amazing but if there is one thing i could tweak about it would be a easier way that i could add words to my dictionary for spellcheck.
Display 10/10 Crystal clear, watching moves I was amazed at the quality and richness. Comparing movie watching on the Ifail5 and the Maxx HD I could see a clear difference. Yes the screen on the Ifail5 is technically better spec wise but on day to day usage the clarity and the beauty of the screen is visible.
Battery 10/10 Do we really even need to even bother to rate this? Yes it sucks that it's not a non removable battery but It's 3300mAh battery, I don't know what people are talking about when they say the battery sucks, maybe they are letting it over heat or don't know how to adjust the display settings based on lighting ect. I can go 7 hrs straight playing music in the background while playing fifa12 on it, the G3 (galaxy 3) could only go 4 hours and some change before the battery was dried up.

Pros

• Big Battery
  • UI experience
  • Multiple apps at once
  • Call quality

Borrie69 alternatives:

lhm220
posted on 21 Oct 2012, 09:26 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)

Awesome

lhm220 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Everything you want in a smartphone. It has speed, great display, easy to use, perfect size and weight for a large screen and best of all incredible battery life. I was between this and the iphone 5 and I know I made the right decision. They told me to go with the S3 but it didn't feel good in my hand. I've had it on for over a day with no-stop usage and battery is still at 53%. No more worry about running out of juice. Thank you Motorola.

Pros

• Battery Life!!!
  • Fit and finish
  • More speed

Cons

• Non yet

Buy This Phone