Kyocera Brio User Reviews

Everyday usage5.5/10
Multimedia1.5/10
Internet7.5/10

ashley192
posted on 08 Aug 2012, 00:49 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)

kyocera brio

ashley192 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I just got this phone yesterday august 7 2012 and before that i had a android and i love that things but i had to get a differnt phone company cause of some problems so i bought the kyocera brio and the first day i got it i hated it the keys are to small there no lock to turn off the phone. it freezes it drops calls it getting to the point were imma trade this phone in or take it back the camera sucks

Reception 2/10 it sucks

Pros

Cons

c.hall
posted on 06 Nov 2011, 21:41 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)

Actually a really great phone

c.hall has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I had a Palm Centro before and absolutely loved it, I was so sad to see it die. So I was on the lookout for a phone with similar qualities and the Kyocera Brio comes close, at least in the most important areas to me, namely call quality, QWERTY keyboard, threaded messaging, email, and calendar syncing. It's not in the same group as smartphones for sure, but it's not meant to be.

That said, my husband owns an Android and says that if he had to do it over again, he might have gone with the Brio because it does so many great things without the added expense associated with smartphone plans.

My only complaint is that sometimes the phone freezes when I try to access data, either via internet or email syncing. After 30 seconds or so it comes back, but that is a little frustrating. I'm not sure if that is just my specific phone or if it's a problem with the model.

Build quality 10/10 Feels much sturdier than I thought it would.
Reception 5/10 We have horrible signal in our apartment but got an airrave. Even with this my phone often is "searching for signal" even though my husband's phone has 5 bars. I haven't noticed this problem when I'm out of the apartment.
Call quality 10/10 Great. I love the speakerphone especially and it is really easy to turn on, a designated button right at the bottom of the phone.
Internet 8/10 Not super fast, but for what it's meant to be (not a smartphone) it's pretty good.
Multimedia 1/10 None that I'm aware of
Camera 4/10 Not fab but better than some of my old phones.
UI speed 8/10 Actually very fast