Samsung Glyde User Reviews

penisneck
posted on 26 Jul 2011, 20:30

beast

penisneck has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

awesome phone, it is a great touch screen phone. it can do so much. the touch on the phone is sooooo awesome one of the best i think. i really think ppl should buy it cuz its a great phone. i think it is one of the best phones you can buy, it has wallpaper you can move around how great is that.

Megan
posted on 20 May 2010, 17:55

WORST PHONE IN THE WORLD!

The Glyde is terrible! I had it for a year and a half. When I got it, I was so happy. But then the touch screen started flipping out! It called my contacts at 2:00am in the morning, the back totally fell off, and whenever I send or recieve a picture message, my phone freezes up and turns off. My keys are so hard to txt with, the response is slow, and whenever you try to send a message, instead of hitting send, it'll hit back! Never get the Glyde it is so BAD!

Pros

• Nothing was good about this phone!

Cons

• Everything was bad about this phone!

posted on 11 Mar 2010, 15:15

2.3

Worst Phone!!!!!!

I had this phone up until November of 2009, when I bought something else to replace it, since I was getting annoyed with it. Three replacement Glydes wouldn't fix the issue of the touchscreen acting up. The Glyde froze up while I was sending text messages, wouldn't save my text messages when a new one came in, the camera was terrible, the voice command system wouldn't ever work with my voice, the keyboard keys felt like they were going to fall off, and the wallpaper wouldn't rotate when you opened the phone. In general, let me just say that I hated this phone. Glad it got discontinued.

Pros

• Nothing!!!!!!

Cons

• Everything!!!!!!

MEEE
posted on 19 Feb 2010, 21:04

STRAIGHT UP PIECE OF GARBAGE

i totally wanted to spike it to the floor. i wanted to drop it in the toilet and flush. phone arena should have a rating lower than one cuz thats wat the glyde is. everything wouldn't work. be smart with it, and itll drive u bonkers. im totally glad my contract ends soon. a piece of junk.

Pros

Cons

• everything.

mosees
posted on 21 Jan 2010, 22:11

1.3

WORST PHONE EVER

this is the worst phone ever i cant say all the awful things about it, the touch screen is the biggest tho. the phone just all around sucks. dont buy it you will regret it very much.

Pros

• nice idea

Cons

• it is unresponsie. lousy UI, cant use it sometimes, needs to be restarted, it is just the worst phone i have ever used ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina HArbert
posted on 17 Dec 2009, 21:02

Horrid phone

When I first got this phone I was so proud. But then. It became a devil. I would touch the menu button and it would go to my contacts. When I would shut the key board it would turn off compeletly. Eventually the back off it fell of and When I tried to put it back on it wouldnt go and the battry got lost from it so I had to buy A new one. And then tape up the back............. In the middle of class it would go say a command. So obviosly the lock didnt work very well. And it has a very loud vibrate...... I dont recomend this phone it was the cheapest touch screen they had.

Pros

• Good pictures. bad flash.

Cons

• EVERYTHING.

Seaelven
posted on 13 Dec 2009, 20:37

This phone is so bad

We were given the hard sell on this phone when we got it, and at first, I loved it. Then the screen started to be unresponsive frequently or it would call any of my contacts at all hours of the night. I have had this phone for about a year and a half and Verizon almost wouldn't let me change it out. There cannot be a worse phone out there. I have been really disappointed with Samsung products, and this has been their worst spawn.

Pros

• Good graphics

Cons

• Everything else:
  • The screen is unresponsive
  • It calls people at all hours randomly
  • It needs to be restarted 7 or 8 times frequently

Dibert9
posted on 04 Dec 2009, 09:40

Worst phone ever made.

Words can not describe my hatred for this phone. On my firt glyde the touch screen had a mind of its own. i wouldnt ever touch the phone and ,my touch screen would start opening anything and everything it could before i get the battery out of it. there are so many glitches in the touch screen its almost to a point where you cant even use it. This phone is by far the worst ever made.

Pros

• it holds up well when you throw it out of frustration

Cons

• the entire phone

v
posted on 23 Nov 2009, 15:52

Royal Piece of Garbage!!!!!!

This phone is a piece of royal garbage. When I had it, I couldn't access the web or send/receive messages without it freezing up, the touchscreen would never respond, but when it did, it didn't do it correctly. It also wouldn't alert me of new messages until like a day after I get them, and my friends would say "Never mind" when I responded to them. It would never scroll, it's a fingerprint magnet, and it's the worst phone I had. Luckily, I got a new phone (not a Samsung) and it's much better than the Glyde. If you think it's a cool phone, it isn't. It's a royal piece of garbage. Throw it out.

Pros

• Good music player, good keyboard, good sound, lots of storage space, good camera/camcorder

Cons

• Bad touscreen, 3 new Glydes wouldn't fix the issues, won't play music while doing anything else, freezes, it's just annoying ,the worst phone ever, it's junk

i luv the Chocolate :)
posted on 23 Nov 2009, 14:56

its ok

its ok. The reason i got it was because i dropped my other phone in the pool (smart right) i thought it would be cool to have the glyde. Boy was i wrong! not the best phone i have ever had. the 1st generation sucked! i went to go to text and it went back everytime. i tried to be smart and turn it off and take out the battery. psssh! that did not help. I got to get the 2nd generation and at fiirst it was awesome. but after about a month it turned off randomly! and it did it everytime i tried to text a new person after my inbox was at 50+. @.@. and it would capitalize random letters. im so glad i get a new phone in February! Don't get this! good try for samsung though. it was one of their first touch screen phones.

Pros

• touch screen
  • durable
  • good QWERTY
  • fun to use when it isnt being stupid.
  • ok battery

Cons

• touch screen problems
  • turns off
  • Battery drains if on the phone for like 20 minutes
  • cant txt while listening to music
  • camera kinda slow

Chris Burgess
posted on 08 Sep 2009, 06:17

The Object of My Frustration

This phone is literally a piece of garbage. The touchscreen feature is a joke. I spent tons of time trying to get it to work. Many times I could not respond to text messages or listen to my voice mail because it would not work.  Sometimes the phone would be doing things on its own - while not even being touched. You may try to activate something at the top of the screen and the phone would activate something at the bottom instead or would not even work at all. I took them (my partner had one as well) in to  Verizon to have software upgrades which tells you they knew there was a problem. The software upgrade for the touchscreen feature did not help. The problem only got worse. Verizon would do nothing for me even though they sold me these 2 pieces of junk. I just last week went and and upgraded our phones early at extra cost to myself because I could not take it anymore. I am thirlled with our new phones and was also thrilled to sit in my garage wlth both Glyde phones and a hammer and relieve all that pent up anger they and Verizon caused me! They are now Samsung confetti!

Pros

• I got rid of it!

Cons

• To many ways to describe how horrifically awful this phone was!!!

Caroline Witt
posted on 06 Sep 2009, 14:56

1.7

My Abusive Relationship

I feel as if I am constantly in an abusive relationship. I have constant arguments with my touch screen about everything! It is almost as if it has a mind of it's own. It will go from the menu to the home screen continuously when no one is touching it. Sometimes it randomly cancels my text messages.

Pros

• display backlight settings, durability, flash

Cons

• media player, touch screen, user friendliness, unresponsive

Casey
posted on 25 Aug 2009, 12:47

2.3

Don't bother there are better slides

I liked the way this looked and I have small fingers. BAD MOVE. I'm on my third one in a year. The touch screen froze up, wouldn't respond unless I rebooted and even then not always. Played with itself all the time, when charging and even when not charging. Software update didn't help. Now the latest one doesn't do this but the screen pixellates fairly frequently and last night it when to a white screen when I got two texts at once. Had to remove the battery to turn it off. If you are sending a text and receiving one at the same time it will reboot itself - sometimes losing the text you just sent.
All in all this phone is awful. If I didn't love the QWERTY so much I'd throw it out. But even the EnV2 which my daughter has is awful. I might have to change carriers, Verizon's phones aren't all that great.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard, slider is solid

Cons

• Everything else

phonereviewer95
posted on 14 Aug 2009, 09:10

I thought I'd like it, but I don't

I have had my Glyde for almost a year now. Just last month I got a replacement phone because mine froze up and the dial pad was not working. I got a new one for free, but I still don't like the Glyde. First, while playing music, you can't text or do anything else. I had a VX8550 Chocolate prior to the Glyde and you could. Also, the touch screen sometimes doesn't respond the first time. I wish it also had a better camera. I really can't wait until I get a new phone, as the Glyde isn't the phone for me.

Pros

• Good keyboard size, good signal strength, pretty much everything

Cons

• Touchscreen doesn't always work on the first try, can't do anything else while playing music, locks up when you are making a call

Trae Shriner
posted on 13 Aug 2009, 12:32

Samsung Glyde

I have had the samsung glyde since may of 2009. I have had 4 replacement ones due to the fact that the phone continually froze up. The design on this phone was fairly cool, but the features and touch screen were horrific. In my experiences with samsung touch screen phones, they are a lower quality then say; lg.

a person
posted on 09 Aug 2009, 17:37

If this phone was a person, I would punch it in the face.

SAmsung, i have to admit, this phone looks pretty decent on paper, but the quality SUCKS!!! the screen clicks itself and calls people by itself constantly. It usually takes me around an hour to send a message because i have to  reset the phone until it works (at least 20 times daily). After it finally works i can usually send one text message. It will be just as useful when i deactivate it ASAP.

Pros

• good paperweight

dezbaby
posted on 29 Jul 2009, 11:12 (Posts: 7; Member since: 20 Jul 2009)

Ewww

I really really WOULD NOT recommend this phone. Maybe to a 3 year old. I just got it, thinking all the reviews were because of people that had bigger hands. HA I was wrong. Almost everyday I get a white screen that makes me have to take the battery out of my phone? When I press something on one side of the screen, it says I pressed something on the other side. It has a mind of it's own. It's poopy, and I feel sorry for everyone who wasted their money on it, like I did.

Pros

• Uh, I guess the "drag and drop".

Cons

• Just about everything.

posted on 06 Jul 2009, 13:09

New update changes screen

The phone still will crash and shut off and restart, but i havent had any problems with the screen since i got te update. its like like a Samsung glyde 2.0 it changes the touch screen so its like the dar, u cna use ur fingernail or pen or stylus or w/eother than that it just is annoying and stuff i cant wait for the glyde 2

Pros

• new touch screen

Cons

• still shuts off

tiffany boardman
posted on 06 Jul 2009, 10:58

1.7

this phone sucks!

i hate this phone! its defective and they need to recall it. im disabled and this is the only phone i have. if there was an emergency i would be dead by the time got this stupid phone to work. ive taken it back twice, and today will be the 3rd time. ive not had it a year yet. it calls people i dont want to call, does its own thing when nobody is even near it. i turn it off and reboot it 101 times a day. they need to do something. i paid a lot a for this stupid phone. lesson learned.

Pros

Cons

• everything! its a defective product and it needs to be recalled. it is dangerous. dont count on it for emergencies.

jordan
posted on 05 Jul 2009, 21:51

The worst phone ever!!!!

This is the worst phone ever no joke.The touch screen is terrible it does what ever it wants to do thats why im getting the dare thats the best phone on the market

Pros

• nothing

Cons

• touchscreen

kello
posted on 30 Jun 2009, 02:40

hate is a strong word??

I HAAAAAAATEEEE this phone. I replaced it twice. The touch screen was..just a screen since it didn't respond. It is a very good anger-using-device though because i get to throw it against stuff.Camera didn't really work for me either. It would do the auto-focus thing and take pictures out of focus. Ironic much? Also when using the keyboard, it would randomly have the cursor jump around which..didn't make sense at all so my texts would come out looking very jumbled. All and all, I hate this phone.Also, this phone gave me low self esteem. (well, not really but I have a point) The keys on the keyboard were very small and...flat, for lack of a better word, so I felt as though I had very fat fingers as I would press two buttons at once.
I'm even back to my old enV. The original enV.

Pros

• i now get to kill it.

Cons

• the non-touch screen, the camera, the keys...darn near everything

mel
posted on 26 Jun 2009, 14:29

worst phone ever. literally

There aren't enough bad things I could say about this. I've never had so many issue with a cell phone.. it's so bad... i'm getting used to NOT USING MY CELL PHONE! That's how often it works. Touch screen: horrible. And obviously it's not just me.. all reviews on this phone say the same thing.. the sensitity on it has a mind of its own. I have to literally fool with it, clean it, fool with it, clean it for about half an hour before I can send one successful text message. This phone is a joke. Seriously.

Pros

• it has a keyboard. it's touch screen (high tech)

Cons

• sensitivity on touch screen is a f reakin nightmare. The phone has a mind of its own. It calls people on its own.. it jumps around from screen to screen on its own. While i'm attempting to write a text it'll jump to antoher screent. It literally has a mind of its own..it doesn't need an owner to function. Just sitting still it picks up commands!!!

MissYazzie
posted on 21 Jun 2009, 23:58 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jun 2009)

i HATE this phone i got it not even a year ago when i first got it i loved it an everythin worked perfect then the battery didnt work the touch screen was pressing things i neer pressed, not lettin me send text messages an when i did it pressed cancel! it calls people when i havnt even touched it
uqh it sucks !!!!
=(

Pros

• keyboard!

Cons

• everything else about it!

dantomjoe1
posted on 09 Jun 2009, 08:09

1.3

horrible phone

i've had this phone since nov and nothing but troubles! first the battery didn't work, so i had to buy a new one then send in my receipts to samsung to get reimbursed. then the screen detached from the ribbon. verizon was gracious enough to give me a new curoisty phone. then the touch screen decided to do its own thing whenever it wanted to - i pressed contacts so the phone decided to go to the web...so i sent it back for repair and it came back worse than ever. i called them and they said it must have gotten wet or dropped for this to happen, but i can promise, that this is not the case. i've been dealing with it and now the screen detached yet again from the ribbon. so, with a phone less than 6 months old, verizon can't help me and now neither can samsung...i spent over $200 on this phone and i'm now going to write to "mr. samsung". what does one do now when no one will honor this phone? i see by the reviews and 99% of the folks who have bought this horrible phone have all the same issues that i have, so it's not me....

Pros

• 0

Cons

• numerous!

posted on 27 May 2009, 20:53

...

i have had this phone for over 8 months. i love it when i first got it and now i hate it. the touch screen sucks. but the worst thing thats been happen is that i write a text, send it and then i find out that it didnt even send it! not only did it not send it, its says that i have never wrote it! i have also replaced it 5 times now today. verizon wont even let me change to a different phone even tho this one sucks and im replacing it every two weeks!!
do not get this phone at all. sucks beyond belief!!

Pros

• looks great

Cons

• everything else about it!!!!!!