Samsung Glyde User Reviews

5.9

dezbaby posted on Jul 29, 2009, 11:12 AM
Posts: 7; Member since: Jul 20, 2009

Ewww

I really really WOULD NOT recommend this phone. Maybe to a 3 year old. I just got it, thinking all the reviews were because of people that had bigger hands. HA I was wrong. Almost everyday I get a white screen that makes me have to take the battery out of my phone? When I press something on one side of the screen, it says I pressed something on the other side. It has a mind of it's own. It's poopy, and I feel sorry for everyone who wasted their money on it, like I did.

Pros

• Uh, I guess the "drag and drop".

Cons

• Just about everything.

souleater93 posted on Apr 15, 2009, 6:05 PM
Posts: 86; Member since: Mar 20, 2009

better than the dare!

i tried this phone out while getting my third and fourth dare in the same day but @ different stores. the glyde version 2 touchscreen was faster than the dares and was bigger than version 1. then the second had the first and it was slow and bad yet i really like the new one its bigger and new hardware and software which makes it better than the dare. i most likely will pay full price for the samsung glyde version 2. i used the phone for about 20 minutes at the store and i have used a friends and it was better than the dare

Pros

• almost everything

Cons

• the full retail price

PokeFanaticJosh posted on Mar 09, 2009, 2:07 PM
Posts: 8; Member since: Feb 23, 2009

Absolute Worst Phone I've Ever Used

When I originally saw the concept for the Samsung Glyde, I waas really excited.  I received the phone in August, by November I had five of them.  Every single one of them would shut down when receiving text messages.  I was very disappointed in the quality of the hardware itself also.  If dropped once, the phone would get little "dinks" in it, and with my LG Voyager, I dropped it many times and it never even looked scratched.  The one positive thing I do have about this phone was the interactive wallpapers, they are an awesome concept, but the terrible touch screen basically ruined it.  This phone is on no  level compared to phones such as the LG Versa.  Even the software ran slow, and it had a terrible design, for it  had near 8 menus.

Pros

• Interactive wallpapers
  • Pretty Color

Cons

• Touch Screen
  • Music Player sounded horrible
  • Menu design
  • Texting on touch screen is glitchy
  • Texting on qwerty is too difficult
  • Phone was made of horrible plastic.

DJ C posted on Jul 03, 2008, 3:23 PM
Posts: 8; Member since: May 07, 2008

3.8

Idk whch gylde yall have bt it cant b the same one i have.......dis one is GARBAGE!!!

People......you all probly kno me frm all the comments ive posted about this fone n im here postn this comment frm the glyde to tell u all srry for the misleadn comments........this fone is a piece of crap rite under the chocolate 2 omg i hate this fone rite nw n im waitn on my third one as im speaking and since i got it frm a third party vender i have to go through three n 90 days so im hopen that this third and extra emphasis on 3RD.....is better n if nt then im gettn the voyager evn tho i dnt lke the clamshell or how the touchscreen feels......i dnt nd the stress especially spndn dis much on a phone....da only thng dat i lke it how the touch screen feels and it slidn. The camera sux if u go n2 ur artist u better nt misspell da persns name or it will freeze den restart so word of advice ppl.......DNT BUY THIS PIECE OF CRAP UNLESS U R FOR SURE THAT EITHER SAMSUNG OR VERIZON HAS FIXD IT PROBLEMS WHCH IS ABOUT EVERYTHNG!!!!!

DJ C posted on May 13, 2008, 3:58 PM
Posts: 8; Member since: May 07, 2008

Real koo

I waz hoping that you could play music and text but thats ok i tried it out and it meets my needs. I dont know what people really expected from this phone.........it aint going to cuk and clean for you. The touch is really reponsive and i like the phone. As reguard the size.......phone arena said that and posted pictures of how small iit would be. Does it measure up the voyager.....yes in some cases. I agree that the voyager has Some better features but i hate the clamshell. Imma cop dis phone for real because it met my expectations which wasnt high to begin with.

MissYazzie posted on Jun 21, 2009, 11:58 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 21, 2009

i HATE this phone i got it not even a year ago when i first got it i loved it an everythin worked perfect then the battery didnt work the touch screen was pressing things i neer pressed, not lettin me send text messages an when i did it pressed cancel! it calls people when i havnt even touched it
uqh it sucks !!!!
=(

Pros

• keyboard!

Cons

• everything else about it!

rob2599 posted on Mar 28, 2009, 6:40 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Mar 28, 2009

2.7

samsung from hell

this was by far the crappiest phone in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont buy it. it works fine for the first few days.....but give it a while, you'll be running it over with your truck like i did. the touch screen mechanism is the worst..... vzw better look out cuz they have some issues coming there way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• the design

Cons

• i could go on and on.
  • 1. u cant bluetooth ringtones
  • 2. the touch screen is horrible. i touch on thing and it brings me to something else
  • 3. everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

usadave04 posted on Feb 16, 2009, 8:43 PM
Posts: 1; Member since: Feb 16, 2009

Phone Is good In theory, But needs tweaks.

I got this phone when it first came out and have had it for several months now. I origanally got this phone for all the cool features it has and I did'nt have to have the data plan on this one, but it has turned out to be a real pain. If it wernt for the side full quarty board I dont think I could use it. The problem with this phone is that the touch screen is absolutly awful, you touch one spot and it responds in a completly differant spot, that is if it even decides to repond at all. Like I said if it wernt for the keypad I couldnt use it. It can be so frustraighting at times. I still do like all the features on the phone so I guess in retrospect the phone still does everything I got it for I will just have to suffer through till I can upgrade sucks though I paid like almost 200 when I got it. I would sugest a differant phone until the touch screen issue is repaired. Other than the touch screen thing though its a great phone. The only other thing I would criticize is when your in the music player you cant exit to other applications on the phone and still have the music play. Also the callender limits you you can only imput so much before it blocks you from entering anymore even with a expantion card in. The Screen has a habit of scratching easily. Camera also is extremly slow and has no zoom. The Phone definatly has a learning curve to it and can be frustraighting that it has no send and end key.

Pros

• quarty keyboard
  • screen layout
  • ease of use

Cons

• touch screen
  • callender
  • music player
  • no send and end key

Janae253 posted on Jan 03, 2009, 10:36 AM
Posts: 2; Member since: Jan 03, 2009

GET THE UPADTE FOR THE PHONE AND YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE AGAIN

Get the update for the phone you must have the 06 update it really work you will fall back in love with your phone after the update trust me from someone who works at verizon.

Pros

• update rocks!!

reglvr posted on Jun 13, 2008, 4:50 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 13, 2008

nnnaaaaa :(

I think that the glyde is an average excuse for a phone.it iiiss smalll and the buttons are hard to get because of this.but , the keyboard probably makes up for this, i guess. this is not the phone for me though. I WANT THE INSTINCT!!!

lordvadert49 posted on Jun 03, 2008, 11:02 PM
Posts: 5; Member since: Apr 30, 2008

4.6

HORRIBLE PHONE!

penisneck posted on Jul 26, 2011, 8:30 PM

beast

penisneck has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

awesome phone, it is a great touch screen phone. it can do so much. the touch on the phone is sooooo awesome one of the best i think. i really think ppl should buy it cuz its a great phone. i think it is one of the best phones you can buy, it has wallpaper you can move around how great is that.

Megan posted on May 20, 2010, 5:55 PM

WORST PHONE IN THE WORLD!

The Glyde is terrible! I had it for a year and a half. When I got it, I was so happy. But then the touch screen started flipping out! It called my contacts at 2:00am in the morning, the back totally fell off, and whenever I send or recieve a picture message, my phone freezes up and turns off. My keys are so hard to txt with, the response is slow, and whenever you try to send a message, instead of hitting send, it'll hit back! Never get the Glyde it is so BAD!

Pros

• Nothing was good about this phone!

Cons

• Everything was bad about this phone!

Anonymous posted on Mar 11, 2010, 3:15 PM

2.3

Worst Phone!!!!!!

I had this phone up until November of 2009, when I bought something else to replace it, since I was getting annoyed with it. Three replacement Glydes wouldn't fix the issue of the touchscreen acting up. The Glyde froze up while I was sending text messages, wouldn't save my text messages when a new one came in, the camera was terrible, the voice command system wouldn't ever work with my voice, the keyboard keys felt like they were going to fall off, and the wallpaper wouldn't rotate when you opened the phone. In general, let me just say that I hated this phone. Glad it got discontinued.

Pros

• Nothing!!!!!!

Cons

• Everything!!!!!!

MEEE posted on Feb 19, 2010, 9:04 PM

STRAIGHT UP PIECE OF GARBAGE

i totally wanted to spike it to the floor. i wanted to drop it in the toilet and flush. phone arena should have a rating lower than one cuz thats wat the glyde is. everything wouldn't work. be smart with it, and itll drive u bonkers. im totally glad my contract ends soon. a piece of junk.

Pros

No Pros

Cons

• everything.

mosees posted on Jan 21, 2010, 10:11 PM

1.3

WORST PHONE EVER

this is the worst phone ever i cant say all the awful things about it, the touch screen is the biggest tho. the phone just all around sucks. dont buy it you will regret it very much.

Pros

• nice idea

Cons

• it is unresponsie. lousy UI, cant use it sometimes, needs to be restarted, it is just the worst phone i have ever used ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina HArbert posted on Dec 17, 2009, 9:02 PM

Horrid phone

When I first got this phone I was so proud. But then. It became a devil. I would touch the menu button and it would go to my contacts. When I would shut the key board it would turn off compeletly. Eventually the back off it fell of and When I tried to put it back on it wouldnt go and the battry got lost from it so I had to buy A new one. And then tape up the back............. In the middle of class it would go say a command. So obviosly the lock didnt work very well. And it has a very loud vibrate...... I dont recomend this phone it was the cheapest touch screen they had.

Pros

• Good pictures. bad flash.

Cons

• EVERYTHING.

Seaelven posted on Dec 13, 2009, 8:37 PM

This phone is so bad

We were given the hard sell on this phone when we got it, and at first, I loved it. Then the screen started to be unresponsive frequently or it would call any of my contacts at all hours of the night. I have had this phone for about a year and a half and Verizon almost wouldn't let me change it out. There cannot be a worse phone out there. I have been really disappointed with Samsung products, and this has been their worst spawn.

Pros

• Good graphics

Cons

• Everything else:
  • The screen is unresponsive
  • It calls people at all hours randomly
  • It needs to be restarted 7 or 8 times frequently

Dibert9 posted on Dec 04, 2009, 9:40 AM

Worst phone ever made.

Words can not describe my hatred for this phone. On my firt glyde the touch screen had a mind of its own. i wouldnt ever touch the phone and ,my touch screen would start opening anything and everything it could before i get the battery out of it. there are so many glitches in the touch screen its almost to a point where you cant even use it. This phone is by far the worst ever made.

Pros

• it holds up well when you throw it out of frustration

Cons

• the entire phone

v posted on Nov 23, 2009, 3:52 PM

Royal Piece of Garbage!!!!!!

This phone is a piece of royal garbage. When I had it, I couldn't access the web or send/receive messages without it freezing up, the touchscreen would never respond, but when it did, it didn't do it correctly. It also wouldn't alert me of new messages until like a day after I get them, and my friends would say "Never mind" when I responded to them. It would never scroll, it's a fingerprint magnet, and it's the worst phone I had. Luckily, I got a new phone (not a Samsung) and it's much better than the Glyde. If you think it's a cool phone, it isn't. It's a royal piece of garbage. Throw it out.

Pros

• Good music player, good keyboard, good sound, lots of storage space, good camera/camcorder

Cons

• Bad touscreen, 3 new Glydes wouldn't fix the issues, won't play music while doing anything else, freezes, it's just annoying ,the worst phone ever, it's junk

i luv the Chocolate :) posted on Nov 23, 2009, 2:56 PM

its ok

its ok. The reason i got it was because i dropped my other phone in the pool (smart right) i thought it would be cool to have the glyde. Boy was i wrong! not the best phone i have ever had. the 1st generation sucked! i went to go to text and it went back everytime. i tried to be smart and turn it off and take out the battery. psssh! that did not help. I got to get the 2nd generation and at fiirst it was awesome. but after about a month it turned off randomly! and it did it everytime i tried to text a new person after my inbox was at 50+. @.@. and it would capitalize random letters. im so glad i get a new phone in February! Don't get this! good try for samsung though. it was one of their first touch screen phones.

Pros

• touch screen
  • durable
  • good QWERTY
  • fun to use when it isnt being stupid.
  • ok battery

Cons

• touch screen problems
  • turns off
  • Battery drains if on the phone for like 20 minutes
  • cant txt while listening to music
  • camera kinda slow

Chris Burgess posted on Sep 08, 2009, 6:17 AM

The Object of My Frustration

This phone is literally a piece of garbage. The touchscreen feature is a joke. I spent tons of time trying to get it to work. Many times I could not respond to text messages or listen to my voice mail because it would not work.  Sometimes the phone would be doing things on its own - while not even being touched. You may try to activate something at the top of the screen and the phone would activate something at the bottom instead or would not even work at all. I took them (my partner had one as well) in to  Verizon to have software upgrades which tells you they knew there was a problem. The software upgrade for the touchscreen feature did not help. The problem only got worse. Verizon would do nothing for me even though they sold me these 2 pieces of junk. I just last week went and and upgraded our phones early at extra cost to myself because I could not take it anymore. I am thirlled with our new phones and was also thrilled to sit in my garage wlth both Glyde phones and a hammer and relieve all that pent up anger they and Verizon caused me! They are now Samsung confetti!

Pros

• I got rid of it!

Cons

• To many ways to describe how horrifically awful this phone was!!!

Caroline Witt posted on Sep 06, 2009, 2:56 PM

1.7

My Abusive Relationship

I feel as if I am constantly in an abusive relationship. I have constant arguments with my touch screen about everything! It is almost as if it has a mind of it's own. It will go from the menu to the home screen continuously when no one is touching it. Sometimes it randomly cancels my text messages.

Pros

• display backlight settings, durability, flash

Cons

• media player, touch screen, user friendliness, unresponsive

Casey posted on Aug 25, 2009, 12:47 PM

2.3

Don't bother there are better slides

I liked the way this looked and I have small fingers. BAD MOVE. I'm on my third one in a year. The touch screen froze up, wouldn't respond unless I rebooted and even then not always. Played with itself all the time, when charging and even when not charging. Software update didn't help. Now the latest one doesn't do this but the screen pixellates fairly frequently and last night it when to a white screen when I got two texts at once. Had to remove the battery to turn it off. If you are sending a text and receiving one at the same time it will reboot itself - sometimes losing the text you just sent.
All in all this phone is awful. If I didn't love the QWERTY so much I'd throw it out. But even the EnV2 which my daughter has is awful. I might have to change carriers, Verizon's phones aren't all that great.

Pros

• QWERTY keyboard, slider is solid

Cons

• Everything else

phonereviewer95 posted on Aug 14, 2009, 9:10 AM

I thought I'd like it, but I don't

I have had my Glyde for almost a year now. Just last month I got a replacement phone because mine froze up and the dial pad was not working. I got a new one for free, but I still don't like the Glyde. First, while playing music, you can't text or do anything else. I had a VX8550 Chocolate prior to the Glyde and you could. Also, the touch screen sometimes doesn't respond the first time. I wish it also had a better camera. I really can't wait until I get a new phone, as the Glyde isn't the phone for me.

Pros

• Good keyboard size, good signal strength, pretty much everything

Cons

• Touchscreen doesn't always work on the first try, can't do anything else while playing music, locks up when you are making a call