Samsung Galaxy S II User Reviews

Reception9.3/10
Display9.4/10
Build quality8.9/10

Amandamyerss
posted on 12 Sep 2014, 07:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Sep 2014)

WORST PHONE

Amandamyerss has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

worst phone i have ever experienced, its has no pros absolutley none i have had it for nearly two years and keeps dissapointing me everyday, firstly when ever it is cold eg rainy day, cold wind and if it has a cold screen , the screen wont work it gets lines all through it and takes away your ability to do anything with your phone, secondly battery life if actual s**t as well as the charger it just brakes ,im onto my third battery which is not good considering they cost over $50! i do not recommend this phone to anyone, plus i forgot to mention the signal drops out quite oftenly, the speed of the phone is ridiculously slow, the display is unclear half the time and the lowest setting for brightness is still really bright!! so annoying oh and the camera is so badddddddddd like really really bad

Build quality 2/10 cause i hate it
Reception 2/10 bad

• speed
  • just everything

Amandamyerss alternatives:

ovidiu_98
posted on 08 Sep 2014, 06:57 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Sep 2014)

Very good

ovidiu_98 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

It is a great phone. I have it for a week, but i am very impressed about it's performance. It has a good procesor, you can play any games without lag. The battery it's the problem, i have to charge it almost every day, but generally Galaxy S2 it's a great smartphone.

saraatoma
posted on 27 Feb 2014, 06:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)

Really bad

saraatoma has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Over the past two years of owning a samsung galaxy s2, i have experienced ALOT of internal damages in the phone especially the battery as well as the charging port. The build quality of samsung is really good, no damages, the real damage is in the internal part of the phone. The battery dies out too quick, camera quality not so great, most applications just shut down randomly or freeze especially apps like snapchat. Personally i regret the day i bought this samsung galaxy s2, cant wait to get an iphone when my contract is over.

alienz
posted on 20 Feb 2014, 20:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)

better than an iphone

alienz has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

once in a while it says i have no service, wether at home or out and its quite annoying if i have to make a emergency call or to receive any. also the internet is great when it wants to be. I havent had any problem for the first year i had this phone

kitten-mash673
posted on 17 Dec 2013, 18:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)

Do not get this phone

kitten-mash673 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Of course, to any phone there will be the pros and cons. But seemingly, Samsung Galaxy S2 is all cons. The battery is absolutely terrible. This is my third battery and I have another coming in. The phone might last four hours before it goes dead. On heavy use it lasts up to 2 hours. I literally charge my phone three to four times a day. While the screen is bright and it is extremely hard to damage this phone (unfortunately) this phone's problems rest mostly on the inside. The Swipe feature is very cool but other than that I would frequently get annoyed with the keyboard. More often than not my phone would not respond to me pressuring certain letters and had to flip to landscape mode to write. Unless you have 4G LTE in your area, the 4G feature will not work. The GPS is a drainer, actually everything is a drainer. The call quality was meager at best and I don't even want to think about the internet usage. I am so ready to get rid of this crappy phone for my upgrade. Do not buy this phone, I don't care if the whole world tells you you should , don't do it. And if you do, well then I warned you.
P.S. My phone was at 66% when I started this review. It is now at 46%

gr33n
posted on 04 Dec 2013, 09:27 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)

Disappointed with Samsung

gr33n has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I had the Sprint variant "Epic touch 4g" (that's not confusing at all), anyway everything started to go on this phone. The battery puffed out from overheating, The GPS antenna died because of poor build quality "Known issue with this phone", and the bottom screen buttons lagged or sometimes did not work at all. If you get this phone beware you will have to buy new batteries (Sprint won't cover the dud batteries for this phone even if you have a warranty). You will also not have access or have limited access to the GPS and this phone's speaker phone option was pointless. No one could ever hear me on the other end and I would have to end up putting the phone up to my face making it useless.
The screen is bright and beautiful and it’s extremely hard to scratch. The metal around the screen is also strong and feels good in the hand.
On a side note (not really a Samsung issue.) there is no 4G LTE on this phone so if you live in an area that does not have 4G but has 4G LTE you will be stuck on 3G. This was extremely disappointing knowing my phone would never get higher speeds than 3G since Sprint is ending 4G.

Build quality 3/10 GPS was a dud, battery was a dud, Body of the phone was nice though.
Reception 5/10 meh.
Call quality 5/10 Speaker phone was horrid. None speaker phone was fine.
Internet 1/10 No 4G service available in my area (it's being discontinued) and it does not support 4G LTE
Battery 1/10 Battery was defective

Pros

• screen
  • body

Cons

• GPS
  • Botton screen buttons
  • speaker phone

Levixavier
posted on 23 Sep 2013, 18:38 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)

Satisfaction

Levixavier has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've been using this phone ever since. No other problems and is totally fast & smooth. Programs and Applications are doing well and is also intense when it talks about gaming and browsing through the internet. The Video and Music players are just awesome. The Camera is also insane, I don't have any complaints about it since it has 8MP Back Camera + a 2MP Front Camera + 4x Digital Zoom, no worries about it, nice and handy. Keyboards are fine and is also user-friendly. The notification panel is updating me well. Currently running at the 4.1.2. Jelly Bean version, I can somehow describe it as fast and furious. Display, Effects and Transitions are working as expected. Signals are fast too, regardless to any spot that you are in. As a part of my everyday life, it has really been useful enough. A good life technology-partner. The battery life is fine as long as you don't rape it every single second. Got no plans of replacing this with another phone since I'm already and overly satisfied. While making calls, it's never a problem. I can hear them loud and clear, maybe a 0.1 static effect only hehe. The casing and built protection is not really that durable, but note that it won't break or crack if you're not stupid. Even though there's still alot of phones that are coming out, i can still somehow recommend this phone to all the people out there who has hunger for smartphones.

Build quality 9/10 The casing and built protection is not really that durable, but note that it won't break or crack if you're not stupid.
Reception 10/10 Signals are fast too, regardless to any spot that you are in.
Call quality 10/10 While making calls, it's never a problem. I can hear them loud and clear, maybe a 0.1 static effect only hehe.
Internet 10/10 Also intense with it talks about gaming and browsing through the internet.
Multimedia 10/10 The Video and Music players are just awesome.
Camera 10/10 The Camera is also insane, I don't have any complaints about it since it has 8MP Back Camera + a 2MP Front Camera + 4x Digital Zoom, no worries about it, nice and handy.
UI speed 10/10 Fast and furious.
Everyday usage 10/10 As a part of my everyday life, it has really been useful enough. A good life technology-partner.
Text input 10/10 Keyboards are fine and is also user-friendly.
Display 10/10 Display, Effects and Transitions are working as expected.
Battery 10/10 The battery life is fine as long as you don't rape it every single second.

ppaul
posted on 21 Jul 2013, 11:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jul 2013)

Galaxy S2 - a smartphone for everyone.

ppaul has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I bought a Galaxy S2 about 4 months ago and I'm still using it because the smartphone is so awesome. My Galaxy S2 runs Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean so it's a Galaxy S3-like smartphone. I take care of my smartphone - there are no cracks or even scratches and the performance itself of the smartphone is very good. I use it mostly for gaming and internet browsing. Even though it's been 2 years since the smartphone's release, I still recommend buying it.

Build quality 9/10 It feels good in the hand, it's slim and light, but it's all plastic. The back cover is paper thin, so I'm afraid of accidentally breaking it.
Reception 9/10 The smartphone is not far behind newer smartphones.
Call quality 10/10 I can hear everyone loud and clear and vice versa.
Internet 10/10 Good speed when using Wi-Fi, the pages are perfectly displayed, pinch to zoom works perfectly.
Multimedia 10/10 It has a radio, a very advanced, but simple music player, the video player supports any video format and Full HD videos. Even though the loudspeaker is on the back, I can easily hear the sounds.
Camera 9/10 The camera has an LED flash. The camera takes perfect 8MP photos, but it doesn't have modes like HDR and burst shot. The camera records videos up to 1080p, but when 1080p resolution is enabled, the field of view gets narrower compared to the field of view when 720p resolution is enabled.
UI speed 10/10 The UI is fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 The smartphone has everything I need when it's a busy day.
Text input 10/10 Very comfortable keyboard. I'm able to quickly input symbols.
Display 8/10 The screen is a Super AMOLED Plus and its size is 4.3 inches. Even though the matrix is RGB, the 800x480 pixel resolution for a 4.3 inch screen is quite low.
Battery 9/10 It can easily make it through a full day.

Pros

• 1080p video recording.
  • Radio.
  • Very slim and light.
  • Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean (Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean might be released).
  • RGB matrix.
  • Replaceable battery.
  • 1 GB of RAM.
  • 8 MP camera with LED flash.
  • Expandable storage.

Cons

• Low resolution screen (800x480 pixels).
  • No shutter key.
  • Narrow field of view when 1080p recording is enabled.
  • When playing games, the phone heats up a little.
  • Plastic body.

kumvinod
posted on 07 May 2013, 23:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 May 2013)

Samsung Galaxy S II

kumvinod has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The samsung galaxy s2 is a very problematic phone. It has a lot of problems. The battery life is very poor. Battery charging takes a lot of time

The GPS didn't work from day one. The GPS keeps on searching.

Pros

• Great Design , bright display
  • Great UI
  • External storage

Cons

• GPS doesn't lock. This is a problem with many samsung phones
  • No updates or very slower updates
  • poor battery life. Keep a mobile charger if you are going on a long trip

Smbat
posted on 06 Jan 2013, 09:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)

very good functionality plus poor battery in an average shell.

Smbat has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

This phone has a lot to offer but I couldn't fall in love with it because of the handling and battery problems. I bought it 8 months ago as a everyday tool and i use almost all its functionality. Although it is very light and thin , i would prefer it would have been a little thicker and had bigger battery. Also the thicker phone would fit in hand better.

Build quality 8/10 good build quality. I am ok with used materials they are practical. But I have some scratches on the screen. and the design is very simple for this premium phone.
Multimedia 8/10 overall this phone is a very capable phone, but the audio output is not very good.
Camera 8/10 very good photo and video capabilities. there are only 3 minor problems. 1.the camera is not fast. 2. night photos and videos are noisy. 3. there is no physical shutter key
UI speed 9/10 the phony is very speedy. but sometimes I notice lags.
Everyday usage 7/10 i have problems with handling. It is very wide and square. One hand operations are problematic for me . I almost always have to hold it with 2 hands. which is not convenient sometimes. Also I would like there would be a notification light on the phone.
Text input 6/10 the virtual keyboard is very inconvenient. I have this phone almost 8 months. I have tried a lot of keyboards but all of them are not good for me. I make a lot of mistakes. the word correction is of no use for me because I type in 4 languages .
Display 9/10 everything - color saturation, viewing angles, contrast are excellent..except sharpness. I have a very good vision and sometimes I notice slight pixelisation.
Battery 5/10 very poor battery. I am not a very heavy user but when the internet is on it last only from morning to 5-6 pm. So when I need it to last at least 18 hours I have to switch off the internet.

Pros

• very good display
  • very speedy
  • good photo and video
  • thin and light
  • a lot functionality

Cons

• poor handling
  • poor battery life
  • poor text input

vindicadi198
posted on 24 Dec 2012, 03:20 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)

A Mixed Bag

vindicadi198 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I have owned the phone over a month now, i was an iPhone user for 2 yrs before this. I use my phone to make calls, messaging, music and occasional camera usage to take some photos. The s2 is pretty good at doing all this but not what i expected from this old flagship. The music quality was surprisingly bad through any good headphones .The text input and touch sensitivity if frustrating and slow coming from the iPhone. A switch from the S2 to iphone would be a much happier experience in these aspects. I am tempted to try out a custom ROM to fix some of these issues, but i am worried about my warranty so I am holding back. For now i think i am going to use my iPhone for messaging and the S2 for other tasks, and also for some app dev and testing

Build quality 8/10 The plastic feels good in the hand..but the back cover is a little flimsy
Reception 7/10 Reception is worse than the iPhone 4 i had, but still sufficient. I havent checked in low signal areas yet.
Call quality 8/10 Call quality is good enough.
Internet 9/10 The internet speeds on WiFi is good,downloads are as fast as on any other device on the network, the stock browser could have been a little better, but i use Chrome.
Multimedia 6/10 The audio quality as reported by many is below par. I listen to music quite often with some good ear phones which work great with my custom desktop, my macbook and iPhone 4, but horrible with the S2. I havent tried any custom rom yet.
Camera 8/10 The camera is good, i dont mind the number of megapixels much but i look at quality of the photo more, both video and photos look great.
UI speed 7/10 The UI lags in my opinion, i feel its much more to do with the touch sensitivity. I tried some customisations with different launchers etc, but not much difference. I have still to try custom roms
Everyday usage 7/10 I use email and messaging a lot, on IM or SMS..but the keyboard is horrible, i was an iPhone user for over 2 years and i could type pretty fast on it without much mistake which it would correct very well. I have tried atleast 10 different keyboards but none match up. And also the music quality is a downside. The main pros for the phone is its lightness.
Text input 7/10 The reason would be the same as the everyday usage reason. I havent tried customs roms, but i feel the touch sensitivity is to blame for this.
Display 8/10 Though the pixel density doesnt look good on paper, the display is fine in reality, suffices for everyday usage and colors are bright and saturated typical of AMOLEDs
Battery 9/10 Battery is lasting a little over day for me regular use and i am more than happy with this.

Pros

• Lightness
  • Customisability of android
  • Future update to JB

Cons

• Music quality
  • Touch Sensitivity
  • Text input

vindicadi198 alternatives:

MRSHAH
posted on 21 Dec 2012, 05:18 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)

AWESOME DEVICE

MRSHAH has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

THIS IS ONE OF THE VERY BEST ANDROID SETS THAT I HAVE OWNED
THERE IS JUST NOT ANYTHING THAT THIS SET IS NOT CAPABLE OF DOING AND TO BE FREANK IT EXCELS IN EVERYTHING
THE ONLY NEGITIVE THIS ABOUT THIS SET WILL BE IT'S BUILT QUALITY WHICH MAKES IT APPEAR A BIT CHEAP COMAPRED TO SOME PREMIUM DEVICES EG HTC VIVID THAT I ALSO OWE
IT LITERALLY FLIES ACROSS MENUS & APPS & IS GREAT FUN TO DO ANYTHING FROM BROWSING INTERNET,MAKING CALLS,PREPARING DOCUMENTS,TYPING EMAILS, TAKING PHOTOES & VIDEOS BLA BLA BLA
IT IS ONE OF THE BEST & MOST COMPLETE DEVICES TO EVER BE LAUNCHED IN THE SMARTPHONE WORLD

Pros

• JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE IS PERFECT

Cons

• BUILT QUALITY

MRSHAH alternatives:

davidbot
posted on 18 Dec 2012, 09:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)

SGSII

davidbot has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this phone is good but not so much ........................................ i made a mistake by buying it and not getting iphone 4s instead .... the iphone look better and more professional ... but the s2 is just piece of plastic which is sticky .... i cant use the phone without a case on it ..

Pros

Cons

• poor battery life
  • camera lens get strached alot
  • the screen not strach resistance
  • apps crash alot
  • super amoled plus isnt amazing
  • yellow tint

Odeira
posted on 02 Nov 2012, 02:50 (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)

THE Best Mid-Tiered Smartphone. Period. (Just Carry a Spare Battery)

Odeira has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

As a Smartphone user who has had experience with using phones of practically all major Smartphone platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry, Symbian), I was always on the hunt for the ultimate smartphone- the "One" smartphone that would be my cure for "Phone Hopping."

So I got myself a Galaxy S II before the June classes.

I would like to highlight a few things:

- I have yet to own, or get hold of, a device powered by a Krait or Tegra 3 CPU, but I can say that the Exynos processor in this phone shoots par- Very fast scrolling, smooth gameplay, solid web browsing performance on Chrome.

- This has some of the better color outputs on a display I have seen, nevermind that this has a rather paltry (if respectable) WVGA resolution- Black is Black, Red is Vibrant Red, Blue is Blue, White unfortunately is a muddy white, but that is a minor quiggle; Bottom Line- This is a very fine display.

- The 8MP Camera is a very solid camera- Shots produced exhibit somewhat noticeably more noisy images than a Galaxy S III, but overall this is a very good camera, definitely better than my other phone (T-Mobile (LG) G2x).

- Battery Life SUCKS. Three Hours tops when I am always on my phone. Four or Five hours when used as a Music Player and there is not much screen activity. Barely goes past three hours on web. Even on Airplane Mode and WiFi only, I can't get past 3:30 hours on this phone. Recommended: SPARE BATTERY.

- I have some good quality headphones (Sony MDR-ZX100), there is much...

Pros

• Speedy Performance
  • Solid Connectivity
  • Great Camera
  • Android Ice Cream Sandwich Update (Faster General Performance)
  • Media Playback Excels
  • Super AMOLED Plus Display

Cons

• Battery Life is Underwhelming
  • Touch Screen is not Foolproof to Scratches
  • Audio Output in Headphones Could be Better
  • Android Ice Cream Sandwich Update (Worsened Battery Life Consumption)
  • Camera Lens is Prone to Scratching

Odeira alternatives:

fahadahmed101
posted on 25 Sep 2012, 02:15 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)

The best phone I have used so far

fahadahmed101 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Clearly the greatest. Passed every single test and hit all the checkmarks for me. Very pleased with the purchase and unless a SPECTACULAR change takes place in the requirements of my life or technology (whichever), I doubt I will exchange this one. Even my family uses it. Hardly any weaknesses. As near perfection as commercially possible.

Build quality 10/10 Perfect design and form factor. Very light, even with a protective casing. Good, tough screen (though had a protector for that too).
Reception 10/10 Instant and brilliant. Hardly any signal issues, regardless of place or level/extent of mobility.
Call quality 10/10 Superb.
Internet 10/10 Fast, brilliant browsing. New window feature and private browsing is amazing. I have not watched videos off the browser, though. Assume they work.
Multimedia 10/10 Brilliant.
Camera 10/10 Both of them great.
UI speed 10/10 Fast.
Everyday usage 10/10 Brilliant for everyday usage.
Text input 9/10 The stock keyboard is ok. Played around with others but it serves the purpose. Needs A LOT of getting used to, especially for a grammar-freak like me.
Display 10/10 Brilliant display.
Battery 10/10 THE BEST SMARTPHONE BATTERY LIFE. The thing I love most about this phone.

Pros

• Great design
  • Great features, overall
  • Tough
  • Convenient
  • Battery life is great
  • The list goes on!

Cons

• Hardly any, but the back cover is difficult to take off for me.

AmitMajumder
posted on 14 Sep 2012, 03:09 (Posts: 80; Member since: 21 May 2012)

Master of All Droid

AmitMajumder has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The greatest phone I've ever had. Great display, not too large nor to small. Super Amoled plus, excellent camera, 1080p video with continuous auto-focus good not great battery and all over it's android....

Pros

• Every Dam'n thing about it

Cons

• Battery LIfe

AmitMajumder alternatives:

Nafiz
posted on 12 Sep 2012, 22:09 (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)

I Love It.

Nafiz has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I love this phone,, but what I hate is the Camera and when browsing the battery is get my tens up. i love the display amoled, the thin this phone, but too big for my pocket, this phone SGS 2 is an awesome phone i've ever have :D

Pros

• Size, great for watching videos & movies
  • Super AMOLED Plus display

gloup81
posted on 12 Sep 2012, 10:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)

Simply the best

gloup81 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

i'm in love with this phone. Far easier to handle and use than S3, since it has the optimal size. As far as Iphone comparison....b1tch please...there is no comparison at all! Blazing AMOLED screen, rapid processor, beautiful graphics

mixalisnatsis
posted on 05 Sep 2012, 05:21 (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)

The best phone ever

mixalisnatsis has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have this phone and it's the best. There isn't reason to buy galaxy s3. I has great camera , display and browsing. If you put on it android 4 ics it will be much better . Many people don't like build quality of this phone but I have to say them that the build quality of this phone is excellent.

Pros

• Camera 8.0 MP
  • Browsing
  • Multimedia
  • Super Amoled Plus

ricky0702
posted on 12 Jul 2012, 04:50 (Posts: 11; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)

Best mobile I have ever owned

ricky0702 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Best mobile I have ever owned. Never looked back after taking the drive from my iPhone. GS3 is out now and looking like

another winner. But really it's the Android Platform thats the winner. Android platform with Goolge's backing is always going

to win in the end. Android have over 60% market share of smartphone devices and growing while the iPhone stick with their

dated UI and static home screens. SG2 for me has been a bloody great mobile never looking back.That is why i decided to find

outhow much galaxy s11 are worth and why.

eddienimz
posted on 08 Jul 2012, 14:58 (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)

samsung galaxy s2 review

eddienimz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

this phone is awesome .... but the only thing thats not so great is the battery life .... i like how fast it is and the keyboard and the screen is amaaazing ... my friends r impressed by it and they r so jealous :P

Pros

• everything is great

LuisDaniel
posted on 08 Apr 2012, 00:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)

BEST PHONE ANDROID I HAVE.

LuisDaniel has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THIS EPIC PHONE. ITS SO VERY WORTH ON MY MONEY. THERES NO EVEN LAG AND ANY PROBLEM I GOT WITH THIS PHONE. IT SHOULD BE THE TOP 10 PHONES OF ALL.I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY THIS EPIC PHONE. ITS SO VERY WORTH ON MY MONEY. THERES NO EVEN LAG AND ANY PROBLEM I GOT WITH THIS PHONE. IT SHOULD BE THE TOP 10 PHONES OF ALL.

Pros

• I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY BECUASE OF PURE EPICNESS.

Cons

• NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS PHONE SO BLANK.

R.dalangin
posted on 01 Apr 2012, 00:48 (Posts: 3; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)

Awesome phone! Im a proud owner! :)

R.dalangin has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's great overall. Had some issues initially with some gameloft games not being supported, but eventually new ones came out which made up for that. The ICS update was one of the first also in the Android Smartphone world which proves that this phone is one beloved chump! Highly recommended, although I would've loved an HD display and Video Stabilization in it, and more contrast in the pictures he primary 8mp camera takes.

Build quality 9/10 The plastic back kinda degrades the premium feel of this device.
Reception 9/10 In most areas here in metro manila the reception is Excellent. However, when i went to a remote island here in Philippines, i couldn't get hold of any 3g/4g signal. And that would be perfectly understandable except that a relative of mine was carrying an old blackberry bold (running on the same network as my sgs2) and yet it could surf on facebook, sheesh. Hat for me was a real shocker, never expected that from a blackberry :p
Call quality 10/10 Never had any issues. Works like a charm :)
Internet 10/10 Internet is superfast whether on wifi or 3g/4g. There we're also instances when a friend with an iPhone4 couldn't connect to the wifi router and i could. This phone is awesome.Glad i bought it :)
Multimedia 10/10 Plays anything i put in it, except for some music files i downloaded over from The Pirate Bay, lol ^^
Camera 9/10 Would have been great if the camera had more contrast and color saturation in it. And if they tossed in some Video Stabilization goodness it would have been perfect! 1080p video recording is sooo clear, sometimes its hard to believe such a thin device like this could come up wih that. Highly recommended :)
UI speed 10/10 Can't say anything wrong with it. It,tvvgggggt55gg1s soo fluid although i would've preferred stock ICS Experience rather than to have touchwiz UI on top.
Everyday usage 10/10 Will have everything you need for everyday use. You can even send emails with attachments with the native email client unlike with iOS which only lets you send plain emails.
Display 10/10 Pretty good, it looks sharp enough for a 800x480 display. Although it could've been better with an HD Display.
Battery 8/10 I have a hard time getting through the day.

cvdvds
posted on 28 Mar 2012, 11:49 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Mar 2012)

One of the best, if not the best phone even after a year

cvdvds has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Have not had any problems with it other than Touchwiz and poor feel in the hand. It's too thin/small for my hands, but that's easily fixed with a case. Other than that it's pretty much perfect. Came out almost a year ago and is still the phone I would buy. TouchWiz is easily removed with custom ROMs. One other phone that I'd buy is the Galaxy Nexus. Pretty much the SGS2 without touchwiz. ICS is awesome.

Build quality 9/10 Plastic. Best build matieral technology wise but it doesn't feel too great in the hand. Especially being as thin as it is.
Reception 10/10 The connection problems that I do have are probably my carriers fault.
Call quality 10/10 Had no problems with that.
Internet 10/10 Don't like the stock GB browser, other than that flawless.
Multimedia 10/10 I watch mostly YouTube and it plays everything I throw at it flawlessly.
Camera 8/10 Long Shutter time but takes great pictures.
UI speed 9/10 There's no place to rate UI design at so I'll substract points here because of TouchWiz.
Text input 10/10 As good as it gets on a touchscreen.
Display 10/10 Looks amazing.
Battery 8/10 Not too amazing battery life. It drains pretty fast when browsing the web, since AMOLEDs use a lot of juice for bright/white colors. Couldn't have hurt to make it a little thicker to add a bigger battery.

Pros

• Fast Processor
  • Amazing Screen
  • Fast Browsing

Cons

• TouchWiz
  • White pages use lots of battery
  • Plastic
  • Speaker on the back

cvdvds alternatives:

Adithya7184
posted on 22 Mar 2012, 02:14 (Posts: 316; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)

The Best!!

Adithya7184 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

One of the best smartphone in India right now under 29k. its worth the price.
i am using it for around 6 months. and now the 4.0 ICS update made this handset more awesome. After the update , the battery performance increased drastically.
\Than You/.

Battery 10/10 I am getting 2 days backup avg.

Adithya7184 alternatives: