BlackBerry Curve 8310 User Reviews

Jac
posted on 26 Jan 2010, 10:43

Best Phone ever owned

had 4 of these phones all of them had 6 month life under extreme conditions (droped from 2nd story rooves, swam with in pool, xray machines, you name it the phones been through it) and every time the final blow to the phone was either theft or crushed under heavy object (e.i. car, load of lumber) dunno if its military grade but it should be rated at that level. features are great: had 8 gig micro sd with music and videos music played fine had a little lag between songs but no prob. video was great no lag at all. and finally suprisingly fast for only a 3XX mhz processor.also on a final note no case was ever used on the phones when droped or submerged.

Pros

Cons

• none that i can think of except pocket fuzz has a tendency of getting caught under the screen

Kyle
posted on 24 Jun 2009, 12:56

I LOVE this phone to death!!!

Ok people, if you are looking for a phone that has a very loud speaker, excellent battery life, a full qwerty keyboard, music player, enhanced web, ability to install apps(for instance, Slacker Radio, Myspace Mobile, etc), ability to set full songs as ringtones, bluetooth, and a very high quality camera, this is the phone for you. When my parents first got AT&T on November 18th of 2008, I got the Samsung SGH-A737 which was a pretty impressive phone. I lost the charger a few months later and then had to share chargers with my parents. Well, when I got money for my birthday(March 22nd of this year, I am 13) I went to radioshack and bought A Nokia 6085(gophone since I had already gotten a 2 year contract, I just swapped Sim Cards from the slider to the nokia and it worked) and a 2 gigabyte micro SD card. I LOVED it. then in mid June, my grandpa found the Blackberry Curve 8310 while he was cleaning my cousin's house, she didn't use it anymore. we had de activated her contract. it is only about six months old, she only used it for one so it is practically still new at this day and time. I swapped my Sim card and Memory Card to it(It was from AT&T, it even said it on the bottom of the phone)so since I had AT&T, it worked. and I LOVE this phone. I might not have had it long yet, but mI still love it. My grandma payed $600 for it when it was new and I got it for free. At Bestbuy, it Still retails for $550, but if you buy it directly from AT&T, it can be yours for $200....

Pros

• Outstanding battery life, fast, takes GREAT pictures, has a flash for low or no light conditions, full keyboard, everything about it!!!

Cons

• wide.

SoCalAdam
posted on 12 Sep 2008, 19:30

Don't fall for the hype

I've had this phone and service for 2 months now. Can I get a refund AT&T???
Good:
Battery life is outstanding
GPS works like a charm through Google Maps
Gmail downloads directly to the phone
Bluetooth transfers files!!! Sweet!!!

Bad:
Internet is SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW (WAY slower than my OLD 700W at Verizon)
Trackball is a joke. When surfing some sites and using the trackball to scroll down, the OS will drop to the very bottom of the page. Right when I think I'm at the point of clicking, bamm! To the bottom we go...  Stupid.

Some other "minor" issues but my biggest complaint is being on my 2nd phone from RIM. Yea, the first one would not hold a signal at all. Now my new one holds a signal, but for some odd reason "Froze" a missed call when I had no missed call... (Indicator light was on, top right of screen)
So, now I'm on 2 phones and a full reset to fix the stuck icon.

Quality product... um... Can I get a refund now please???

lwlamar
posted on 30 Apr 2008, 10:31 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Apr 2008)

Above average, could be better

I've had this phone almost a week now and believe I've had enough time to form an opinion.

Battery life is good - with fairly heavy data use and moderate phone use, I go 3 or 4 days between charges. I also like the QWERTY keyboard. It is as small as possible without being too difficult to use and provides good tactile response when you press the keys. Typing is easier than you would think.

The phone feels good in your hand and during calls. Sound quality for calls is very good. Reception is fine. Data speeds on EDGE are fine, though clearly faster would be better.

I'm new to Blackberries and smartphones in general, but I've had no trouble setting it up, discovering its features and using it. The user interface, though somewhat dated in its appearance, is simple and intuitive. The trackball works fine.

Email and text messages work well on this phone. I get my Gmail, Yahoo mail and work email delivered when I'm away from a computer, and that's useful. The standard BB email readers don't allow for HTML viewing, but there are HTML email programs available for download (for a charge). The PDF reader excellent.

I downloaded a few different RSS readers (Viigo, Newsgator, Google Reader and Berry Bloglines) and though I'm not overwhelmed by any of them, Viigo seems to have the best interface and I like the ability to peruse headlines quickly. I use Google Reader on my desktop and laptop and have used Bloglines and the Newsgator products in the past and while...

aWhiteDude
posted on 30 Mar 2008, 10:56

Best Phone I've Owned

Ive been selling phones for a little over 2 1/2 years now and ive worked for at&t for 1 1/2 years now and this is the best phone I have ever owned. Built in GPS works really good and the speakers are the best that i have ever heard in a phone. If you hate windows mobile (like me) this is the phone for you. Its runs alot more smothly than windows mobile and its also alot more easy to use. The only con about this phone is that you can only use stero bluetooth for listening to music and not watching movies.

Timothy
posted on 06 Jan 2008, 07:34

just got the curve i love it!

one of the best phones out there on the market, couldnt ask for a better phone, and the price on it is fair, email on it is great, cant wait until the 3g verison comes out....guys come check out my page i work for at&t so for any of you out there who are current customers and are looking to upgrade i may be able to get you a really great deal on this phone

www.myspace.com/att_mobility_solutions

Bill Frady
posted on 02 Jan 2008, 19:10

I bought the 8310 primarily for the built in GPS function. In my line of work it is essential to arrive at an appointment on time. With the 8310, my response time has substantially decreased simply due to finding my destination. As for the Blackberry features, well lets just say that this particular phone has everything I need. The multimedia functions( music and video) are exceptional. Im not sure how I have managed to survive before getting the blackberry organizer, and the Push email keeps me in touch with all the obscure email accounts I have acquired over the years.

sic
posted on 30 Dec 2007, 21:56

This is the best phone out in the market for people who want to use the phone for multi purpose.

The design and quality of this phone is the best.

Kortor
posted on 30 Dec 2007, 15:15

It's for real!

I used to have the Samsung T629 and then I later upgrade to the balckberry 8320 curve because I really needed a phone that I could do almost everything on. This phone is great! especially the connection with Wifi. I bought a wireless router, wifi and even without my sim in the device I am still able to browse the web, and IM. I love this phone. The device is fast and realiable. The camera and its flash is so sharp, very bright, even in the dark or an area with very amount of light the result of the photo is still vey good. There are many other features about this phone with some third partner softwares always avialible. Calls are clear, MP4, extra loudness, clear video playback. And one more thing is it voice note, very clear. There is still a lot more about this device. if you go for it, no regret. It worth!

Chris
posted on 26 Dec 2007, 00:51

buyer

When someone calls my new Blackberry curve 2 (8310) I can only see their phone number in my display and not their name from my phone book. Any suggestions out there? I do have block ID and caller ID, and my contacts were electronically transferred to my blackberry from a Sprint network Samsung.

noel magalona
posted on 06 Aug 2007, 14:58

6.6

balckberry from vodaphone

this phone has no 3g that was the only thing that i dont like w/ a phone but this phone, you will love it it has a lot of use. i mean it.....................................