Acer ICONIA TAB A110 User Reviews

tccc143
posted on 04 Jan 2013, 22:22 (Posts: 0; Member since: 04 Jan 2013)

Iconia Heaven

tccc143 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Acer has another hit....the A110 is a perfect fit for the casual user to the heavy gamer. I have had the pleasure of owning every Iconia in every size from its inception. Of course you will never have the perfect tablet as users needs vary, but I believe the A110 will find its niche in just about every needed task. Acer has added just a few nice additions to the stock Jelly Bean interface. The Acer Ring is still present. Many have debated on its use fullness and or its waste of space, but unlike the Nexus 7 and its shortfalls, the Ring compromises. We get a screen capture feature and an option for full tablet rotation. You still have the option to add to the Ring, but its stock options are very needed. As with all the Iconia series tablets we get very bright screens, clear and defined text, smooth transitions and useful options. Acer has also given us factory over clocking....a first I have seen on any tablet. With these power options you can choose from 1ghz, 1.2ghz and high performance of 1.3ghz. Oddly enough there is quite an improvement in operations using the high performance setting, especially when using the HDMI out feature playing a 1080p movie....it is flawless. Using several benchmark tools, I believe the Nvidia graphics also receives a power increase with the over clock settings. In all I only have a few small quirks with this unit. The first would be the speaker....last I checked my ears are located on the side of my head, so having the speaker near the back of...

Pros

• versatile
  • fast
  • factory over/under clocking

Cons

• no sd card app use
  • single REAR speaker
  • exposed sd card