ARTON resin lenses
iPhone 6 camera said to sport wide f/1.8 aperture, 10MP+ resolution, and swappable resin lenses
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3706; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Bigger iPhone should be smaller bezel. Or it's gonna look big.
40. Finalflash (Posts: 1946; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It's gonna have the same bezels I think on bottom at least because of the home button and touch id, but people should really tone down the expectations and rumors. We all know what happened in the previous years.
44. 777light777 (Posts: 62; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
We'll see this on like the iPhone 8 LOL, all these specs that never come on the iPhone! (the iPhone always has the dumbest most far fetched rumors) c:
(also if an iPhone looked like that ^ they would gladly take your $2,000) :D
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looking forward to purchasing this. Bring it apple.
5. bucky (Posts: 1601; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Agreed. I'm curious to see what they do with the design and camera.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This being a redesign year really has me intrigued. Everything's up in the air at this point, one thing I'm sure of though, is that it'll be a gorgeous device.
15. whysoserious (Posts: 317; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
what? iPhone has "redesign year"?! since when??
6. papss (unregistered)
I'm excited to see what this brings. I may have one as a second if its bigger like the rumors are true. I'd give apple my business before the others (WP being my main ps of course)
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
WP's growth has been huge. Can't go wrong with it
19. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
I think WP still needs time, not saying it's bad, but it'll only grow drastically when MS settles down and gets their systems on the right path (8, RT, WP). hopefully when Win9 is out and WP & RT merge (or not)
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Do you make smartphones/software? Do you generate the revenue that WP does? Didn't think so.
4. twens (Posts: 703; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Apple has the most ridiculous bezels on a phone. The top and button of their phones is just too funny and hideous.
25. Sauce (unregistered)
Yet it looks sexier and classier than most phones out there. Every business man I see in NYC is always holding an iPhone and Galaxy device.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same in Chicago, especially in Downtown where all the business people work.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Every business man I see in NYC is always holding an iPhone..."
And that nohow makes iPhone bezels look bettrer...
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sauce, I think the only phone that can go toe toe with the 5s in looks is the HTC One. That's puppy's a beauty, I keep flip flopping on which looks the best. The gold 5s though, is tops IMHO.
46. a_merryman (Posts: 743; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Idk, the Moto X wood backed phones are pretty sexy too. And dont forget about the z1 and z1 compact.
50. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
aluminum does look good, but i rather be able to have a removable battery. thats one reason i dont like iphones. n i have a macbook pro, but its plugged in usually. y would i wana keep my phone plugged in?
7. 1701nino (unregistered)
Who knows maybe this year i'll switch back to ios from android.Very happy with my nexus phone but at the end i don't use even 20% of options android offers,i mostly use it as stock with a new widget here and there.As for ios,we have an ipad 2,which the whole family loves,and i have so many buyed apps from my previous iphone that its a shame to throw them away.So my advice everyone,think carefully what OS appeals to you,then stick with it till the end ;)
9. T.F.O.A (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Apple know how to design such beautifull devices. Its apple we're talking here, not samsung.
33. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Then why even mention Samsung in the first place?
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't want to say this but if all the rumours are true the iPhone 6 will be very tough for the competition. Probably for the first time in a few years. Very excited to see what all the OEM's are prepping for this year. Especially Sony and HTC! Also curious to se what Microsoft has to offer!
12. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'll still take the Sony Xperia cameras over the Apple one any day.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iPhone 5S's camera > Z1 in night shots and tie in daylight.
14. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Is that one of those opinion things? I haven't seen any 5S photo that looks better than or as good as the photos my Z1S takes.
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3390; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Tie in daylight? LOL bro get new glasses you sure need them.
And BTW I'm very surprised about your comment since until today you have always been saying that the Z1 camera is superior to others, except Lumia 1020.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Some shots the iPhone is superior while others the Z1 shines, hence the word tie.
51. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
the Z1 camera is kinda of an embarssment to what it SHOULD be honestly. alas, its SOFTware that makes the iphone camera rock. i mean, tha damn sensor in the iphone is MADE by Sony!!! so Kome on Sony!!! GET UR Shizzle Together n write better camera software!!! or steal an apple tech but do Something! (sigh...) Embarassing... that a 20MP shooter is bested by an 8MP one
17. CaptYolo (Posts: 25; Member since: 30 Jan 2014)
Didn't we just see a comparison where the iPhone was murdered by BOTH the Z1 and Z1 compact??
26. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9078; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Forget about taking Panoramic photos with the Z1 because it's dreadful. Everything else about the camera is pretty damn good though.
49. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
yes iphone 5s won in pano shots and good auto mode only.
Still, saying iphone 5s ties with xperia z1 in daylight shootout is preposterous. Iphone 5s can't even beat the best 13MP cameras such as LG G2, Samsung Galaxy S4, and even Xperia Z with the current firmware.. Then forget about tieing with Xperia Z1 -__-"
52. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
look....Sony has something called "Supeior Auto Mode" thats better than regular Auto, which they had to use for the blind comparo. it might beat the iphone when using a "Setting" or shooting mode. but thats not a blind Auto test. i WOULD however like to see an HDR comparo, Blind to boot, to see if apples or sonys HDR will win. kuz 20MP should look better. it jus should. its not right for Sony to screw it up. SOFTWARE!!!! sigh.......
21. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep agreed. It won the blind comparison in which the Sony Z1 compact participated as well as regular Z1 if I'm not mistaken
23. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 147; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Xperia Z1 and iphone 5s tie in daylight camera shootout? Hold it right there bro.. Xperia Z1 is waay superior, the colours are more accurate, the level of detail is higher (ah yes even at 8MP, Xperia Z1 is capable of beating the detail level of the best 13MP cameras), and noise levels are lower (8MP) or maybe you got arguments that can contradict mine, perhaps?
About night shots.. Well, if you use Xperia Z1 in auto mode then yes, iphone 5s is better but only just because iphone 5s auto camera is more optmised and Xperia Z1's auto mode has bad habit of cranking ISO a bit too high in low light. However, if you use brilliantly control Xperia Z1's manual mode, iphone 5s doesn't stand a chance.
Take me for example. I own Xperia Z and I NEVER EVER use auto mode in taking shots. Hell, I don't even trust SCN mode. When I am taking night photos, I don't use night scene mode but I manually control ISO, exposure value, white balance, etc.. The result is a well exposed, detailed, and noise free night shots.
If Xperia Z can do that, i'm sure Xperia Z1 can do much better
53. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
yea but that takes TIME. and when u take a camera phone photo, its usually spur of the moment. and when u do take time to adjust, sometimes the Moment Passes, n that sux. ex, a hot chick in a club raping ur homie on the dance floor. usually once that moments gone, its jus gone. a PG example, when ur dog is practaly climbing a tree to chase a squirl. u wana capture the moments as they happen, not miss them kuz ur adjusting white balance. those 20MPs jus need better software, and thats the end of it.
18. PorkyBurger (Posts: 329; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Well, great for Apple. Can't wait to see the phone, hopes for design change.
Just, I really, really hope that iPhone 6 will make older iPhone price drop. A lot. I can't even look at the iPhone 4 (8GB), which costs more than S3 LTE (16GB) in my country. (330EUR vs. 310EUR)
I am not even risking my cash on eBay/Amazon.
22. eggimage (Posts: 70; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
not really something that apple typically does. it wants to push buyers to the high end products by making the cheaper ones not worth their price, like how ipad2 is still ridiculously priced at $399. I love apple products, but im just saying that the "cheaper & older" options from apple are normally not worth buying, or simply discontinued when the new ones come out
28. PorkyBurger (Posts: 329; Member since: 18 May 2013)
But then it is like, how can I buy the new one, if I can't even afford old one.
No fruit for me then. lel :D
24. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
If it comes with 4k recording, and bigger screen? Then I'm in
30. CEMIII (Posts: 110; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
I hope they have a new UI. its a sleek device but boring as hell.
34. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I actually liked iOS 6 more than iOS 7. It felt "classier" in my opinion.
I agree that iOS 7 is way ahead of iOS 6 in terms of features and functionality but i dont like how it looks. I updated my iPad Mini as soon as the update was available but i regret it. Thats just my opinion.
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 13523; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed Smurf, it took me a while to adjust to the new look, but I actually prefer the flat look more. I hope iOS retains the look, and of course adds more features. +1
48. a_merryman (Posts: 743; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Agreed, I hope they just polish the look more in iOS 8 and focus on new functionality more than anything. I would really love it if they would allow you to pick what toggles you have access to in the dragup menu without a jailbreak, as well as allowing for new keyboards....I really miss swype :/ Oh, and allowing me to pick which native apps I want, I dont like Apple Maps and choose to use Google Maps instead....I want addresses to open in that automatically instead. Those are really the only things I can think of off the top of my head.
39. TechDork (Posts: 245; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I really believe Apple is gonna have a home runner with the iPhone 6 this year.
43. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
Apple will not be making the same mistakes Sony z1 did, which was to make a really big 5" phone. There is a reason why Apple will be making a 4.5-4.8" phone instead of the 5". Its because the phone will have huge bezels and to make it as big as HTC One they have to make it a bit smaller than 5 inch. I am looking forward to this phone since I have the 4s, but iphone is so damn expensive. Unless I get a job this year I will be looking at z1 compact.
45. GeekMovement (Posts: 1588; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
That pic of the thin iPhone 6 looks pretty stylish.