iPhone 5 might get a smaller dock connector
1. Sniggly (Posts: 6490; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
The antenna argument isn't entirely true. I recall Apple claiming that the external antenna was supposed to give the iPhone better reception.
And if Apple would just switch to micro USB everything would be cool.
2. frydaexiii (Posts: 1157; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
But switching to mico USB would mean that it would be compatible with other companies' equipment, and Apple doesn't like that...
5. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
you mean apple, the company with more 3rd party accessories than any other phone maker in the history of the world?
6. frydaexiii (Posts: 1157; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Accessories and equipment are 2 different things, and I'm not just talking about Apple products being able to use other companies equipment, I also mean other companies devices being able to use these 3rd party equipment made for iCraps.
Apple wants to monopolize such that the 3rd party equipment (speaker docks, etc) are only compatible with their crap, so they can use it as a selling point.
8. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Apple will use a micro dock of its own design rather than a micro usb port which incidently is the legal standard in Europe but apple still avoids it.
The simple reason of changing the dock is for apple to get more money from its ifans as all previous car chargers etc will be useless with the new phone
4. Fallout09 (Posts: 409; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
If I remember Apple was a part of group of companies that were pushing for the standardization the micro USB port on all cell phones. This makes sense.
7. fastarelli (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
All iPads and iPhones should have the same MagSafe connector that is on the MacBook Pro. Easy, non-invasive, and small. No w that would be awesome!
9. tward291 (Posts: 559; Member since: 14 Feb 2012)
just switch to micro usb so my girl can charge her phone im my car without me having 2 car chargers
10. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
SO FRUSTRATING just make it all one type geeez!!!
11. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
There may be therapy sessions due to this, of those who worship a brand.