iPad 3 specs comparison
1. e.wvu (unregistered) posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:18 13 1
i like how Phonearena just put "yes" on the front facing camera part on the spec sheet.
9. PAPINYC (limited) 3 days ago posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:47 1 3
It's not PhoneArena, krApple refuses to publish the FFC specification; it's the same way on krApple's websiTe.
24. coy2013 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:39 2 0
Oops sorry i accidentally hit the thumbs down :( i meant thumbs up :)
2. cepcamba posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:23 3 0
I have yet to see the performance of K3V2 quad-core 1.5GHz.
25. dr.cyber posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:46 1 2
ok after the gpu bench you can see that the a5(not even 5x) crush tegra in open gl 2.0,http://www.inspiredgeek.com/20
now its the time to buy new ipad
30. cepcamba posted on 07 Mar 2012, 16:45 0 0
The four-core GPU of the new iPad sure is something. But I'd like to see the performance of the entire SoC first.
3. dr.cyber posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:31 1 2
wow i only now understood why its a a5x processor= arm(a) x=10+5=15 then it come to A-15 FROM ARM hhhh nice
18. remixfa posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:20 2 3
its the exact same processor with minor tweaking. maybe they clocked it over 800mhz? lol. now.... with a 1ghz dual core!! no.. more than likely they bumped it to 1.2 to 1.4 to compensate for the higher resolution.
22. cepcamba posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:27 0 0
Yeah, it's more likely to be at 1.2 or 1.4 otherwise it'll surely lag because of it's resolution alone.
27. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Mar 2012, 16:05 0 0
it has a PowerVR SGX543MP4. let me repeat that, an MP...4. the new iPad will probably have the best GPU for the rest of the year.
28. cepcamba posted on 07 Mar 2012, 16:25 0 0
Yeah you're right. Would you know how many cores the GPU have? I think it's four but not really sure.
Would be sweet to have the PowerVR SGX543MP4 on a
31. remixfa posted on 07 Mar 2012, 16:47 0 0
powervr is a great gpu, no doubt. still dont know why Sammy moved away from them.
the gpu is quad core, the CPU is the same dual core in the last iPad/ i4s.
34. KingKurogiii posted on 07 Mar 2012, 19:07 0 0
yeah, that's right. Apple would've killed it with a pair of A-15 cores. i'll bet the A6 will be Quad-Core though.
5. -box- posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:35 5 1
It's still a bigger ipod touch, so unless that changes, I'm still not interested.
Rumors that Acer will release $500 ultrabook though, those are quite interesting...
6. shadez10 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:40 7 2
i got my eyes on the Huawei MediaPad,.. very interesting device...
nothings changed on the ipad... apple is getting worst...
16. dr.cyber posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:09 1 1
and i too,(only if to compare to gpu its mediapad 16 cores vs 4 ipad and 2 gb ram vs 1gb ipad) but ipad have a cool display and elegant style its hard to choose here need a graphic bench
7. PAPINYC (limited) 3 days ago posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:41 2 1
Interesting how Apple still refuses (iRefuses) to expressly stiPulAte the resolution and speciFiCation of the Front Facing Camera??????
10. yt6nin posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:49 1 1
So Phonearena is taking Apple's claim of their new A5X cpu to be better than the Tegra 3 CPU??? I need benchmarks on this, numbers to back this "statement" from Apple, but regardless, I'm not planning on buying a tablet, especially iPad's, because they are so expensive!!! -_-
13. gwuhua1984 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:53 0 0
I don't think Phonearena is taking Apple's claim. Afterall the article said "which Apple claims to be superior to the quad-core Tegra 3".
19. HTCFreak posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:22 0 0
the iPad costs just as much as the other tablets out there, so...
26. sgogeta4 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 16:04 0 0
and that's why they aren't buying a tablet at all...
11. gwuhua1984 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:49 1 0
What happened to ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with 1.6 quad core? That should be on the list also.
12. Bluesky02 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:51 3 0
Dear Ghost Steve Job,
I hereby announce you that your fruit company which make overpriced products has totally gone out of control. Therefore i summon your immediate comeback from hell to earth so that you could fixed the new New iPad name.
14. PhoneCritic posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:58 1 0
It seems about even with everyone else. I am waiting to see what Samsung brings out. I know that many hear will harp on Samsung. However, they are a major producer of OLED, LCD screens ( including the one the New iPad is sporting). So till Samsung response I will be waiting. Out of curiousity Samsung just filed Patents for flexible screens that bend and roll out to any size. Now that is Revolutionary. I expressed in another post that if the screen was HD RGB matrix Super Amoled plus then it will blow away everything. Lets wait and see.
20. quryous (banned) posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:24 0 0
Its obvious to me, they intend for everyone to change the name of their iFad 2 to iFad Classic, with a little swoosh below it! See, simple, as in simplton.
21. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:24 0 0
if Huawei packs a nice battery, i believe they might win in their first entry in the tablet market. they just need to get their name out to people!
23. Martine posted on 07 Mar 2012, 15:28 1 0
Is it too hard for Phonearena to admit there is no iPad 3?
If apple is not ashamed to name it iPad why are trying to help the name?
33. cr4zyn1nj4 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 19:03 0 0
According to the Asus website, the Transformer Pad Infinity has a Micro SD reader in the pad and an SD reader in the optional mobile dock. Why does phonearena have it listed as "non-expandable"?