- 5-inch 720p display
- 64-bit Snapdragon 616 chipset
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB of internal storage + microSD card slot
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4,100mAh battery
- Android Lollipop, MIUI 7
- Hybrid dual-SIM slot
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro gets announced, dons 3GB of RAM and a fingerprint scanner aboard
1. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1491; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Nice. Sadly,these phones are overpriced in my country.
11. sumpil (Posts: 42; Member since: 02 Feb 2016)
Well in South Africa Xiaomi has an official Distributor and the phones are actually cheaper than their rivals. They've only been here for 6 months.
As stated on their website we have the Redmi 2 Pro, Mi4, Redmi note 2 and Standard Edition Mi5 coming soon.
Here's an example of cheaper than their rivals. Firstly all the phones cost below R4000 ($259,38/ 38346,56 Rs) except the Mi5 which will cost R8000($518,90/ 76693,12 Rs) Which is R6000($389,17 / 57411,02 Rs)less than the Samsung Galaxy S7 and LG G5(R13000
the Samsung J1 Ace costs R1499 ($97,23/ 14370,37 Rs) and
the Redmi 2 Pro costs R1899 ($123,17/ 18205,03 Rs)
The Redmi 2 is better specced and miles better than the J1 Ace.
15. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1491; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Agreed. Xiaomi's harware price to perfromance is the best in the market. Xiaomi doesn't have an official distributor in my country, So retailers import them and sell for higher prices.
19. ibend (Posts: 3503; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
cant you buy it online from alibaba or something? it'll cost around $150 after 20%tax, but still cheap for that spec
16. T-Dizzle (Posts: 106; Member since: 21 Jul 2015)
Way off topic but the black tea from Sri Lanka is amazing!
22. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1491; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Thanks man. Tea is the main export here. I'm addicted to Tea lol
2. legiloca (Posts: 1199; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
can I say it looks like an iPhone...Again? and just like those Meizu products?
5. aayupanday (Posts: 574; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
You're Exaggerating my friend... Mi Products of the recent times have had the least resemblance to the iPhone
4. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 1005; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Looking forward of Mi5 release in India
6. sumpil (Posts: 42; Member since: 02 Feb 2016)
Looks much more classier without the pattern back.
14. Coconut00 (Posts: 463; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
IDK, I kind of agree, but at the same time, it looks more generic.
8. FBIsurveilance (Posts: 16; Member since: 10 Aug 2014)
wow. that's scary. I was googling "Redmi 3 Pro" for the past few days, thinking, 'it's seriously due.' Guess what, open PA and there it was. Though I'm disappointed that it stuck with 616. Kinda hoped they'd jump to Snap650. But hey, 3GB/32GB is perfect enough. It'll make do once it's' available.
13. Coconut00 (Posts: 463; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
The 616 runs quite good on 720p and they have the Redmi Note 3 Pro which has an S650
23. FBIsurveilance (Posts: 16; Member since: 10 Aug 2014)
I know it's fine. Kinda hope they'd upgrade the soc as well, for the heck of it. Maybe later in redmi 4. The note is far too big for me. I'm currently is using Meizu m2 note. Been looking to replace that with something smaller. The main draw so far has been the IR blaster and that 3GB of Ram, which is perfect for a 5inch device.
17. WallStreet (Posts: 256; Member since: 21 Sep 2014)
Think there are many other phones that resemble an iPhone much more and nowadays there are many similarities in design between various phones.
But is the 616 CPU capable?
20. ibend (Posts: 3503; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
Galaxy A5 and A7 (2016) also have SD615 variant..
and this SD616 have faster clock compared to SD615 (on small core, its the same for big core)
18. zex999 (Posts: 57; Member since: 14 Feb 2016)
Awesome! They just need to come to the US. Also they should've added a 1080p screen. It will add extra cost, but probably not by much (estimating ~$150-160), but it would round off the phone quite well.
24. EcoCare (Posts: 383; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
Thank God they removed the pattern. Not really a fan of it. And now it's great that it now comes with fingerprint scanner and upped specs!