Will Dudley Do-Right save the Apple iPhone 5s from an oncoming train?
In the first test, a black Apple iPhone 5s was strapped to the track as though it were a damsel in distress, waiting for Dudley Do-Right to come along and save her. But there was no saving the iPhone. As a GoPro camera recorded the impact, the microSIM card survived while the rest of the phone went to smartphone heaven. In the second test, a white Apple iPhone 5s met the same fate. Actually, the white handset had it worse, as the phone and its micro SIM card, were pulverized by the rushing train.
So what exactly has this test proved? After all, no handset would be able to survive being run over by a train. At this stage, most smartphone users would be happy if their device were merely waterproof.
source: TechRax via CNET
1. gigaraga (Posts: 1372; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
That is pretty awesome though. It didn't seem to deform too much due to its aluminium body. It could've derailed it though!~
8. caustictoast (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
There's no way a 200 ton train is going to even notice a 114g iPhone on the track. Not even slightly. It would take a lot more than that to derail a train
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3644; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It takes getting crushed by a train to make the iPhone a little bit exciting.
4. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 327; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
Why is this a news to phonearena?
Is there any minimum article requirement per day for apple?
5. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Says "Iphone is going to be crushed by train", shows a picture of a whore on the article. Classy, unintentional irony lol.
6. lalalaman (Posts: 375; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Thats Taylor swift on album art of song "mean"
9. Nokia99 (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
I can't decide whether you mean that his comment is mean or just saying the album name
10. nvrhde (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Nov 2012)
That was unexpected
I thought the phone will survive somehow,
Great video, very thoughtful.
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
They should never try this stunt with nokia 3300, or else they will be responsible for loss of valuable lives.......
13. greyhulk (Posts: 124; Member since: 30 Jun 2010)
This just in: Train derailed by Nokia 3300. Film at 11.
12. fatexo (Posts: 122; Member since: 21 May 2010)
Shocking! I thought smartphones can survive a train crash. -_- Seriously ? what was the point of this article ?
14. -box- (Posts: 3866; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The test was later tried on a Nokia. The train exploded. The Nokia was fine. There was a rapid and severe cover-up by government and transit authorities.
15. -box- (Posts: 3866; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
This guy is kind of an idiot. Union Pacific will probably sue him, plus where he was standing for the second (white) destruction could have injured him.
17. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 211; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Apple ICHUMP 5s(h*t) can't even stand up to LAST YEAR'S Android phones much less a train...
19. javy108 (Posts: 164; Member since: 27 Jul 2014)
I dont care about what news is all about I just came here for Taylor Swift