Verizon's LG Ally gets Froyo early
Still missing from the list is any mention of being able to use Adobe Flash 10.1 on the device, so if you have an LG Ally and update it to Froyo, please let us know in the Comment section if you're also able to install and use Adobe Flash.
source: Verizon Wireless
1. cdmta posted on 23 Jan 2011, 13:38 0 0
Can't see adobe flash in market. sideloaded and now browser closes a few seconds after opening. uninstalled.
3. hornetmx posted on 23 Jan 2011, 13:49 0 3
Adobe flash will not be supported by the Froyo update per VZW, phone arena. Do you need a leaked doc to show it?? this one its no secret, you can ask customer service. As a matter of fact, the actual wording and that flash will not be supported at all on the Ally.
4. CRICKETownz posted on 23 Jan 2011, 14:48 0 0
I assumed Flash wouldn't be on the Ally b/c it doesn't have the hardware specs to (efficiently) run it, but what I didn't assume is that it would be available for the Ally before the Fascinate.
5. Volcomguy51 posted on 23 Jan 2011, 15:57 0 0
Does this change the home screen like other Android 2.2 with the phone, menu, and contacts? Instead of the box for the menu, you get that look like the Droid X?
6. kanon posted on 23 Jan 2011, 19:53 0 0
I dunno just download ADW or Launcher pro they are better than any stock launcher IMO.
7. Volcomguy51 posted on 23 Jan 2011, 19:59 0 0
Nice, I will do that. I thought the stock 2.2 would look like the new Droid style. Cool.
8. Thump3rDX17 posted on 23 Jan 2011, 21:00 0 0
the Droid X has a Motorola made interface so the Ally won't get that. you'll get what you'll find on a 2.2 Droid.
9. salmos73 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jan 2011, 22:26 0 0
Mine updated the other day and no adobe flash. I don't think the update is that big a deal without the flash. Without Adobe Flash, I can't see people purchasing and Ally anymore. I love the curved shape and not being as huge as other phones - it fits nicely in my pocket. But the lack of Flash is very annoying. I can get by without it, but why? There are other phones with it - why not make that available here as well.
10. mm117 posted on 24 Jan 2011, 11:24 1 0
No flash...what I DO want is the ability to save applications to an SD card for gods sakes!
11. juelz1018 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jan 2011, 12:22 0 0
it also whipes out your contacts in some cases, I work for an indirect dealer and Ive had a few customers come in with that same issue since the update yesterday morning
13. Volcomguy51 posted on 25 Jan 2011, 14:07 0 0
But if you have backup assistant, you should be fine.
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 24 Jan 2011, 21:15 0 0
What's the point of going all the way to Froyo while Gingerbread is already out?
15. Volcomguy51 posted on 28 Jan 2011, 12:25 0 0
This doesn't have the processor speed to hold Gingerbread.
14. PHONE_GEEK posted on 25 Jan 2011, 15:33 0 0
my whose family has the ally but my dad (even me) and we have no probs. my brother has 6 friends who all have the ally at college who updated their phone and it crashed their phone. they had to get new ones..