Verizon getting special flagship Nokia Laser Windows Phone
1. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
Good.. Glad they can spread some love over on VZN. Sales will be phenomenal I'm sure and I love that m$ puts their money behind there OS unlike some others
3. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
That wanna be catwalk phone better be better than the Nokia Lumia 920 2 get some food sale averages
4. papss (Posts: 2868; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
VZN isn't getting the catwalk but another variant of the 920.. Of course that's a rumor so who knows
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5152; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I suspect sales (or lack thereof) will kind of depend on how the new Nokia does against the rest of the competition. The GS IV is going to be dropping soon (June or July 2013 is my guess). RIM's toys will start to appear in the March/April time. HTC is supposed to have a follow-on to the DNA around the April or May time. Is Sony going to have a version of the Experia Z/ZL available for VZW? Apple won't be snoozing, either. Lots of company for the Nokia phone. A warmed-over L920 might not be able to stand out from the crowd.
15. akishakoi (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
The next android of leading companies and the next iphone will only boast higher specs this and that. The current Lumia 920 is already wicked, a league of its own. A warmed-over term is underrated coz even if it is, it would still compare to the android beasts coming this year. The word "Nokia" always ties with the words "surprise" and "quality". We will see...
2. ckoch125 (Posts: 163; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Hope it does well, but it will definitely have some stiff competition.
8. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 944; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Until the SGIV arrives, the Lumia 920 or close variant is more than capable of holding it's own against any other smartphone that currently exists*
5. corporateJP (Posts: 1185; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
More the merrier.
The 822 is decent, but I'd like to see better.
6. skymitch89 (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Verizon doesn't have any members of the HTC One series, unless you want to consider the HTC Rezound and/or Incredible 4G LTE members of the One series; or they might be getting this years variants of the One series.
7. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2604; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Too right. I meant to put the DROID DNA. Thanks for the catch!
9. Penny (Posts: 951; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Awesome, happy to see Verizon get one of these. Due for an upgrade in March-April, so I was really hoping to have a high end Lumia option. This will really be interesting, as I'm more open now than I ever have been to all of the platforms: BB10 looks exciting, Jelly Bean looks great, WP8 looks great. I respect iOS, but don't really find it too interesting and hate iTunes.
11. tashreef (Posts: 475; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Actually it's pretty exiting that Nokia is coming up with more number of devices ...... And the rumors always create excitement....
12. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
How is this not good news? Good to see Nokia getting a device worthy of the largest US Carrier on the shelves to compete with the 8X.
14. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
your like a "laser" light burning down on me!!! bring it on NOKIA!!! =)
16. Bernoulli (Posts: 1334; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
I expect to see a commercial about this at the super bowl
17. 7thspaceman (Posts: 836; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I hope the Verge's source is correct I am a Verizon customer and like a lot of Verizon customers I started to jump to AT & T to get a Nokia Lumia 920 but did not. I hope that Nokia has learned to be like Samsung, HTC and other smart phone Manufacturers and
Put their Flagship model on more than one Carrier for a company not to have their Flagship smart on Verizon is Folly since it's the USA'S most respected carrier.
Nokia is Debuting a new Aluminum body flag ship Smart phone. We can only hope that they will have it available for sale on all USA Carriers and break away from this AT & T
only gets the Nokia Flagship smart phone Nokia seems to have as a policy.
18. ZeroCide (Posts: 661; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Hope This comes to sprint in the summer when they are supposed to get their windows phone 8 models. I'll be all over this.