Verizon CFO sees Apple iPhone 5 launching in Q4
Earlier, the thought was that Apple would be releasing the latest iteration of its iconic smartphone during the third calendar quarter in order for the launch to take place during the last fiscal quarter of Apple's year. This would have allowed the substantial revenue and profits garnered from the latest Apple iPhone to be included in Apple's current fiscal year. A release of the phone in in the fourth calendar quarter would force the Cupertino based manufacturer to show profits from the 6th generation Apple iPhone in the next fiscal year, possibly upsetting investors and Wall Street traders whose buying and selling of Apple's stock is often dependent on the company's earnings report.
It's speculated that the upcoming model of the Apple iPhone is in the EVT3 stage which is the third stage of engineering revisions and will be equipped with a 4 inch Retina display screen offering an aspect ratio of 16:9. 1GB of RAM will be on board along with 4G LTE connectivity. The Apple iPhone 5, as the phone is expected to be named, will also enable NFC technology.
Verizon continues to sell a ton of iPhones even though some reports show that the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX and its 3300mAh battery have taken the number one spot away from the Apple iPhone 4S. Verizon activated 2.7 million Apple iPhone units in the second quarter, according to Shammo. That was up from the 2.3 million activated the prior year. During the quarter, 25% of Verizon's sales of Apple's smartphone were to new customers or for new lines while 75% were sold to existing customers upgrading to the latest model of the device.
2. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Wow! You posted EXACTLY what I was going to post. :o
5. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
LOL wonder how long it will be untill t-mobile gets this 2014 maybe?
28. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
lets hope wish they dont get it. Atleast Tmobile dosnt
want that cr?p restricted phone.....
6. paulyyd (Posts: 329; Member since: 08 Jan 2011)
t-mobile will start offering the iPhone this year. Mark my words
7. Djthunderballs (Posts: 16; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
These aren't the droids you're looking for...
12. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Actually, a tmo employee said that they will pretty soon, likely sometime this year. I'd love it if they didn't though.
14. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
well touche sir... but ill believe it when i see it.
34. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
ill ask a buddy of mine to confirm and ill get back to you guys.
19. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
There's never anything new, and when there is, it's not new to Android phones. Apple fans just have to live with that.
11. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Oh it has LTE! Well I guess they'll sell it. Wait, they'll sell anything Apple.
15. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Actually Verizon has made a pretty massive push with it's Droid series of phones having faster speeds, and "all day battery life" compared to iPhones. There are number of commercials for Droid series for Verizon, and very little for the iPhone on Verizon (ie Verizon logo at the end of an Apple ad). So it'll be interesting to see if Verizon really push the new iPhone.
13. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Its so narrow it sickens me...
I HATE narrow devices...
22. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
You're narrow since you are able to have a feeling as strong as hate towards a device. IT'S JUST A PHONE.
36. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I know i feel like im going to snap the Droid Razr when I was playing with my friends!
37. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Or if you meant Narrow minded devices I don't follow LOL
17. theBankRobber (Posts: 666; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Apple knows if they give T-Mobile the new iPhone this year, they have a greater chance of taking some of T-Mobile android user base away. If they don't spread the iPhone to other carriers then they stand a chance of losing out on users who are looking forward to buy the iPhone without changing carriers. Apple has grown alot more last year thanks to Verizon and Sprint selling the iPhone, and I know they are tired of losing out to Android. Just my honest opinion on the matter.
18. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
HAHA.. "big smartphone" does not equal iphone. maybe all those leaked shots of the 5+ inch droids are not "big smartphones".
32. JunitoNH (Posts: 1294; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Funny Verizon has never publicly stated Razr has out sold the iPhone; most report come from analyst. When are they going to release the official figures? He seem happy to releasing the iPhone.