This Samsung Star Deluxe handset with a 3.5-inch touchscreen is actually a feature phone
The Samsung Star Deluxe Duos S5292 is actually a feature phone, so forget about having access to the plethora of apps at the Play Store from it. There is a modest 312MHz processor ticking inside the little munchkin, along with 128MB of RAM. At least there is Wi-Fi on board, so one should be able to access the web and social networks, albeit to a limited extent. Storage capacity is set at 512MB, but one can add extra with a microSD card. As the name suggests, the Star Deluxe Duos works with tho SIM cards at the same time.
So there you have it: Samsung has a feature phone in stock for us, and an official announcement might not be far off. We have no word regarding pricing yet, but we believe the Star Deluxe Duos will be very affordable.
source: Techulator via Unwired View
7. Aeires (unregistered)
For a feature phone, that's probably fast.
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Sprint just released the M400 recently, its a basic camera flipphone... and it has a 400mhz processor according to the spec sheet.
22. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
remember those times that 300mhz are the fastest! :)
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 970; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Samsung makes nice flagships, but their feature phones are nothing less than Nightmares! Honestly, after 4-5 months use this becomes so crap you'll throw is away. Only Nokia for feature phones.
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Probably good 'old' Android from what i can make out of the homescreen...or maybe super light version of Gingerbread.
Reminds me of Symbian 60v5 phones...434mhz, 128 ram...but it was enough to run the Symbian though. But it quickly ran out of memory because of the ram. Multi tasking will be an issue with that ram.
12. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Correct me if I wrong, but if it was running a version of Android, wouldn't it be a smartphone?
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Correct me if i'm wrong here but are you telling me there's no feature Android smart phone??
16. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that. I feel like you're mincing words. I am under the impression that the Android OS is a smartphone operatiing system only. Therefore, since this is a feature phone, it can't be running Android. It might be running something skinned to look like it, but it can't be Android. I can't answer your question without an answer to mine.
4. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Aren't those some of the same specs' as my iPhone 4?? wtf, I knew this darn thing was a darn "Feature Phone" all the time, Apple just kept lying to me. I'm suing their iA$$es!
5. Cesar (Posts: 125; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
312 mhz? 128MB of RAM? Why the HELL are they making this phones?
14. downphoenix (Posts: 2266; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Yea but they could certainly make feature phones that arent just pathetic. There was the Samsung Jet, back in 2009 I think, had a 800mhz processor, which was faster than most smartphones at that time.
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's for beginners or someone graduating from a flip phone; you know, there still people who use flip phones (our Mayor here in NYC for one).
9. dromon (Posts: 9; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
Designed to compete with nokia asha series. It's worse though, so i don't give it high hopes of succeeding.
11. itsjustJOH (Posts: 74; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
And I thought they're done with feature phones.
23. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
running Bada? how about Tizen?
24. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I don't believe it, wifi and android on a feature phone, as in no data contracts?
25. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
It's not Android. It's just a feature phone skinned to look like it.