The official price of Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 Neo is higher than the price of the original Note 3 in Germany
The original Galaxy Note 3, launched in September last year, can be purchased in Germany for as low as 500 - 520 Euro. So buying a Note 3 Neo for €579 certainly doesn’t make sense, since the original Note 3 bests the new device in all aspects.
Anyway, we should note that usually the market price of a handset is lower than its suggested price. Even so, it looks like the Note 3 Neo will sit right next to its bigger and better brethren when it comes to pricing.
To get an idea of how the new device fares against the slightly older (but better) one, you can check out our Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Note 3 Neo comparison.
source: Samsung Germany (translated)
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So, what is this Note 3 "Neo" thing all about? I thought it was supposed to be cheaper since it has lower specs than the original Note 3, Samsung thinks we consumers are stupid.
9. ihavenoname (Posts: 1519; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Somebody at Samsung is very drunk or high. I'm really dissapointed. I really thought that Neo would be good device for good price. Luckily, Germans are wise people, so I think that this will fail.
12. jcdz89 (Posts: 78; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Yeah they should learn from few failures..meanwhile really hope sgs 5 will be a worthy successor
14. __0__ (banned) (Posts: 242; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Has samsung went full retard ? Why do this product exist in the first place ? They already have a midrange note with similar specs , the note 2 !!
Now they want to charge this more than the big note 3 ? Not to mention that green is horrible
20. SuperMaoriBro (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
PA is comparing rrp of Neo with current market price of note3. Would be better if PA compared rrp of both so we can actually see how Samsung have positioned it price wise. As PA stated market price is usually lower than rrp so calm down.
3. babalove (Posts: 20; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
the note 3 neo more expensive than the original note 3? not even a baby will come up with such a bad idea. its a fail
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I wouldn't be too quick to judge on the price, I think these "neo" variants are going to come with a little higher price bracket for a reason
8. Väliaikainen (unregistered)
And what would the reason be? Because it's a bit newer model, and has more letters in the name? Yeah probably because of that...
13. kobainez (Posts: 302; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
I smell sammy fanboy around here. Defending somesong without good reason
5. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Samsung's version of the 5C fiasco lol
6. Cyberchum (Posts: 278; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
They just wanted to pull a 5C of their own.
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1173; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Samsung is copying Apple 5C fail products, they must have their copy machine on automatic... Yep, Note 3 Neo = iphone 5C... Hahaha Copysung! FAIL. O.o
7. Andrewtst (Posts: 377; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
If Note 3 Neo is higher price than Note 3. SAMSUNG you are seriously got problem!
19. flynfree (Posts: 374; Member since: 09 Jun 2013)
Since i used phone with dual front speaker, I did not interested to upgrade to the new one. Hope Samsung will going that trend in the near future.
21. FairandJustice (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I can't help but think this was a gritty move by samsung.. sigh....
22. skyline88 (Posts: 347; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
current price in my country:
Note 3 32GB LTE: 620 USD market, 700 USD rrp
Note 2 16GB 3G: 450 USD market, 520 USD rrp
its totally insane to have Note 3 Neo priced higher than Note 3.