The Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (GT-l9305) Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is now rolling OTA
Since this actually means that existing S III units will leapfrog Android 4.2, you can imagine that quite a few new goodies are coming our way. Unfortunately, Samsung doesn't really subscribe into all that changelogs-type-business, so there's no official list, though the good folks over at SamMobile have compiled a pretty extensive list of what they've found to be changed. Perhaps most important are the cosmetic changes – the UI has been updated, and now appropriate the Galaxy S4/Note 3 theme elements – and the addition of garbage collection with fstrim support. TRIM helps a great deal when aging devices (like the S III) are concerned, as these that suffer poor storage I/O performance after a while. In other words, expect some tangible performance boost with this update. Check out the full list below.
It's likely that only a few of you have already received the update prompt just yet, however. You could try to force an update check manually, by going into Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update, but you'll probably have to wait a while. Moreover, if you're locked to a carrier, it will take even longer as your service providers needs to do some work as well. Either way, you can keep track of which countries/carriers have started receiving the new firmware with SamMobile's ingenious tool right below.
2. longboardluv (Posts: 11; Member since: 21 May 2012)
how long will it take Verizon to get this out?
5. ocilfa (Posts: 300; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
It is coming at least. Keep in mind that while the GS3 might have the same name, the international and US variants are nearly entirely different phone's inside.
3. geetam (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Anyone knows jelly bean 4.2. 2 or 4.3 update for galaxy tab 2 gt p310??
4. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 664; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Probably the best value for money Android around the GS3 LTE (I9305). :)
6. lallolu (Posts: 212; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
Yes, it is. It is very very capable. It does not lag all and it handles everything you throw at it flawlessly.
7. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
I didn't know they sold unlocked versions of the LTE models in the US. If this article is talking about unlocked phone in the US.
8. bwhiting (Posts: 146; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
Sprint customers got theres around 3 days ago if I remember correctly at work. Verizon will be in about a couple of days I think since they usually try to make sure they work out the kinks for their version on the update.
9. evtimov96 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
I am now downloading the update right now ^^
24. evtimov96 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
youtube. com/watch?v=AgVS8XHRW5Q here is proof ^^
Try flashing the rom from samfirmware.com :3
10. evtimov96 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
Everything works , exept the Share function is Gallery. It says : Gallery has stopped
25. evtimov96 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
It turns out the problem was that I've disabled Paper Artist witch caused that problem !
11. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i have an AT&T S3 and just updated to 4.3
12. polotodd (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
Im on Sprint, will it just update at some point, or can I do it?
23. thedarkside (Posts: 651; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
its over half a gigabyte download. 639.89MB if i can remember correctly.
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3661; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This is for the international LTE model, not carrier specific models. The Sprint model is named SPH-L710, not GT-I9305.
13. emil_xox (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
When is this coming out ?? still it says the latest updates have already benn installed and my version is 4.1.2
17. nlbates66 (Posts: 207; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
different phone, Samsung started rolling out 4.3 for the GT-i9300 a while ago.
19. emil_xox (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
i tried to update but still syaing latest updates already installed :(
21. ellens (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Dec 2013)
does anyone know why voice commands for camera are no longer available after upgrade to samsung galaxy s3
26. evtimov96 (Posts: 8; Member since: 05 Dec 2013)
There is an option in the camera settings : Voice Control . Click on it and it will take you to a menu where you can choose witch voice controls you want to use :)