Tango slated for March launch in China, loses some features
A few of those changes are:
• Xbox Live functionality will be removed completely
• The Chinese version of Twitter and Facebook, WeiBo and RenRen respectively, will used to replace Twitter and Facebook, which are both blocked in China
• Search results will be a hybrid of traditional Bing results and BaiDu results (BaiDu is China’s number 1 search engine.)
It is not currently know if the Chinese Marketplace will be operational at the time of the Tango release. Additional details are expected to arise at Mobile World Congress 2012 and at an event in Beijing, China that is rumored to occur during the 3rd week of March. It is anticipated that several OEMS such as HTC, Nokia, ZTE, and LG will be at the Beijing event to showcase Tango-powered devices.
source: WPDang via WMPowerUser
1. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
As far as i like WP7 , the move of creating tango for lower spec device is stupid . 1ghz single core 1st gen device are mid range now another year or so they will fall to the low end why even bother to fragment up the OS ? BTW , why remove xBox live as it could be a great selling point for wp7 . I would love to have weibo intergrated as i live in Malaysia and i also use weibo
2. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
blocking xboxlive is mainly because of the strick censorship too (just like the mentioned fb/tw case) i guess.
3. JSern (Posts: 282; Member since: 22 May 2011)
Not everyone can afford an expensive smartphone, cunt
4. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
By next year 1st gen phones will be a low end phone . While 2nd gen mango phones would be mid range phones and 3rd gen apollo phones would be high end . So is there a need for tango ? Just like the iphone , apple never actually make any low end models , they just take the old model and sell it in a diffrent price point and i think thats what microsoft has to follow without fragmentating the platform . + i can get a samsung omnia7 for rm800 which i just did btw for fun .
5. hritikbhimani (Posts: 27; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
FRAGMENTATION is just a myth...its hypocrite opinion of android haters
btw as far as windows goes, they r already late in the market....waiting another year for old phones to become low end devices is stupid...
they need to act now...n btw Microsoft is no APPLE :P
9. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
your confusing "old tech" with 3rd world "cheap". they are not the same thing. Tango isnt meant for things like americans or even prepaid. It is ment for emerging markets like africa, china, and india. You know, places that apple likes to exploit people. If you are making a whopping 30 cents an hour like those that work for foxconn, you cant afford a $600 iphone much less a $200-300 "cheap american smartphone. Most countries outside the US dont do contract discount phones. Its full retail or bust.
These phones are designed to be 100 bux or less full retail.
6. Uzzelien (Posts: 131; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
This is all about markets that no one has gone to with the tango ones. They can put it on cheap phones for places like china. This is a very smart move on their part to go to the places that aren't Apple land.
7. NateAdam8 (Posts: 357; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I got WP7 devices for two of my sisters and they love them but they also want to know went the Tango updates are being released in the USA?
8. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
I don't think Tango is bringing anything new, so there is no need to want the update.
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
they are bringing new tweaks and such. more than just low memory support, otherwise it wouldnt be a big deal.