Tablets break the 320ppi barrier: new vs old Google Nexus 7 specs and size review
|Device||Google Nexus 7 II||Google Nexus 7||Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7"|
|OS||Android (4.3)||Android (4.2.2)||Android (4.1)|
|Dimensions||7.9 x 4.5 x 0.3 inches (201 x 114 x 8 mm)||7.81 x 4.72 x 0.41 inches (198.5 x 120 x 10.45 mm)||7.40 x 4.37 x 0.39 inches (188 x 111.1 x 9.9 mm)|
|Weight||11.2 oz (318 g)|
the is 4.5 oz (127 g)
|11.99 oz (340 g)|
the is 4.5 oz (127 g)
|10.79 oz (306 g)|
the is 4.5 oz (127 g)
|Physical size||7.0 inches||7.0 inches||7.0 inches|
|Resolution||1920 x 1200 pixels||1280 x 800 pixels||1024 x 600 pixels|
|323 ppi||216 ppi||170ppi|
|IPS LCD||IPS LCD||TFT|
|Peak brightness||300 cd/m2 (nit)|
|Stand-by time||12.5 days (300 hours)|
the is 19 days (446 h)
|Video playback||9.00 hours|
|Capacity||4325 mAh||4000 mAh|
|Type||Li - Polymer||Li - Polymer||Li - Ion|
|Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro||NVIDIA Tegra 3 T30L|
|Quad core, 1500 MHz||Quad core, 1200 MHz, ARM Cortex-A9||Dual core, 1200 MHz|
|Graphics processor||Adreno 320||ULP GeForce @ 416MHz||Yes|
|2048 MB RAM / DDR3||1024 MB RAM (1333 MHz) / LPDDR3||1024 MB RAM|
|Built-in storage||16 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Storage expansion||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB|
|Camera||5 megapixels||3 megapixels|
|Front-facing camera||1.2 megapixels||Yes||1.3 megapixels|
|Wi-Fi||Yes||802.11 a, b, g, n||802.11 a, b, g, n, n 5GHz|
|USB||USB 2.0||USB 2.0||USB 2.0|
|Features||Mass storage device, USB charging||USB Host||Mass storage device, USB charging|
1. tiara6918 (Posts: 1352; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
The nexus 7 II is probably the best priced tablet with top of the line specs.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2457; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Now we can see more better in tablets too.
16. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
If only it ran iOS it'd be a dream come true!
29. miket247 (Posts: 81; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)
Hey LOSER, go back to Apple and get RIPPED OFF somemore. Apple treats you like a newbie in prison, bend over a take it like a good boy, no lube! Maybe its time you open your eyes and buy a great product thats not made by assh@!es that pretend to be an American company!
30. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Yikes that's a rather angry response! I happen to prefer iOS, which is why I think this'd be great with iOS on it.
36. number29 (Posts: 185; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Nothing, it just looks and operates in a much nicer way and is more pleasant to use.
27. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5599; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Is it any wonder they are so popular? I predict more problems trying to order one when they are put up on the Play store.
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1619; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That screen is to die for! Over 300ppi is mad! Definitely my next tablet!
3. istitch (Posts: 157; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
i've prefer the z ultra, slightly smaller screen though..
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5209; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Z Ultra is irrelevant to this article.
8. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Why are you compairing that Sony Xperia Z Ultra in this Nexus 7 2? In price comparison you can even buy 3 - 4 Nexus 7 2.
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Doesnt matter if it's cheap it will certainly cost a lot more in non-google play countries
it will be a miracle if it gets priced under the $500 mark in my country
10. WindowsiDroid (Posts: 108; Member since: 22 Jul 2013)
Even here in Philippines it cost I think it will cost 400usd-500usd
15. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
How much does other tablets cost in the same areas?
7. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 146; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
I wish Windows 8 tablets would be priced as well as this one.
11. pyradark (Posts: 748; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Xperia tablet Z is still the best tablet for 2013
Actually I prefer Z ultra hahahaha
but of course for the people who cant afford one can get this nexus 7
25. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3941; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
How is the Xperia Tablet Z the best tablet of 2013? We're just over half way into the year, we still have the iPad 5 and second gen Nexus 10 to wait for, as well as Samsung's new Note 10.1.
Also, this new Nexus 7 is better than the Xperia Tablet Z. Exact same specs; quad core Snapdragon S4 Pro with Adreno 320, 2 GB of RAM, 1920x1200 display, but the Nexus has a smaller display which means a higher pixel density, and completely stock Android which means it will run a lot smoother than Sony's custom UI on the Xperia Tablet Z. Plus, instant updates from Google instead of waiting for Sony to slap their Xperia UI on top of it.
12. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 848; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That screen brightness sucks. The first-gen N7 was 312 nits, and the iPad Mjni is 388. This is going to look dull, even if it is high PPI. Why increase usability in one area, and then completely negate that with a dull screen? Even 400 nits isn't close to the top of tablet brightness (Transformer Infinity, 694), so this is just a step backward.
26. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3941; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's the downside of such a high density display. The more dense the pixels, the brighter the screen needs to be to shine through them, but of course that also increases battery consumption.
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Feel like this is aimed at the new Kindle more than anything else. Regardless, it's impressive. I was debating skipping this and keeping my current 7 but I might upgrade after seeing this.
17. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
This is the device I will recommend to my (retired, tech-unsavvy) father. The value, screen quality and app availability make it an absolute no-brainer even for Android initiates.
18. OpTiMuS_BlAcK (Posts: 411; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Not sure about 300 nits, decent enough but probably unsuitable for outdoors.
Anyways that thing is BEAST!
If only I had a need for a tablet other than gaming then I'd get it in a heartbeat.
19. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Nah ! o0o Galaxy tab sucks bananana
22. great (Posts: 58; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
i think qualcomm wants to clear the stock of its snapdragon s4 krait chips in favor of its newer 600,800 line up thats why they are selling it a good price !
23. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
People can say a tablet with such a high resolution isn't necessary but once you use one you wont want to go back!
28. Jillxz (Posts: 147; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
It's still ugly with that wide wide bezel at the ends. Couln't give it to me.
34. Shatter (Posts: 1989; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Asus Transformer series is a better option is you have enough $
31. gazmatic (Posts: 559; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
i really want to buy this but it will most likely cost 5-600 in my country
at that price it is not worth it
35. charles-goa (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jul 2013)
when will nexus 7 II available in india eagerly waiting for it!!!
37. Alex17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
Prices in Mexico: $325 usd for the 16 gb version, 32 gb $370 usd