Stories you shouldn't have missed this week
- Nokia World 2011: Live Coverage!
- Enter Nokia Lumia 800 - "the first real Windows Phone"
- Nokia Lumia 710 is official: affordable Windows Phone
- Nokia Lumia 800 Hands-on
- Nokia Lumia 710 Hands-on
- Nokia Drive, Nokia Music and ESPN Sports: the attempt to bring exclusivity for Nokia Windows Phones
- Nokia Drive demonstration on the Nokia Lumia 800
- First camera samples from the Nokia Lumia 710 and 800
- Nokia Lumia 800 against the world: specs comparison
- How does the Nokia Lumia 800 fare against the other Windows Phone devices: spec comparison
- Nokia's Lumia Windows Phones – was it worth the wait?
After we were treated to Nokia's latest and greatest, there's wasn't much interesting stuff that happened. That's why we decided to use this moment and present you with our thoughts on the benefits of having an HD screen on a cell phone. Meanwhile, we also shared our impressions from the Verizon iPhone 4S. If you've read our Apple iPhone 4S Review (which, by the way, is based on the Sprint version), but you wonder how the device performs on the "nation's most reliable network", you'll surely like our article.
LG Prada K2, which we kindly brought to you first. And, soon after that, it became clear that Sony Ericsson will soon be a brand of the past. But fear not, that doesn't mean that the manufacturer will disappear from the scene. As a matter fact, we're sure that we're to see many more exciting handsets from Sony... yeah, that's how these products will be branded in the future, because Ericsson will be selling its 50% stake to Sony.
- Pictures of LG Prada K2 leak; design still in flux
- Ericsson to sell its stake in Sony Ericsson, Sony becoming the sole owner
We wanted to make the end of the week as interesting as possible, and that's why we offered you a brand new editorial titled "The Update Battle: Innovation vs legacy support" - believe us, you don't want to miss it! But, probably even more intriguing (for some) would be the fact that we were all treated to the very first images of the Motorola DROID 4! Have a nice weekend, guys and gals!
1. bigboss posted on 29 Oct 2011, 11:13 2 0
A really interesting week. I was logged on nearly 15 to 16 hours every day throughout this week.
3. Muhannad posted on 29 Oct 2011, 11:41 3 1
I think the article should be renamed to "Stories you shouldn't have missed this month".
October was a really great month for smartphones. iPhone 4S announced, Galaxy Nexus announced, Motorola RAZR and the Nokia Lumia 800 and 710.
4. henrickrw posted on 29 Oct 2011, 11:52 0 0
Good resume. I love this because if I miss something I get everything here.
Keep up the good job guys.
5. HTCiscool posted on 29 Oct 2011, 12:23 0 1
It's funny how no one gives two s **ts about Nokia Windows phones. Nokia needs to know that people prefer MeeGo over Mango.
I feel sorry for the Droid Razr, everyone just flocks to the 4S and the Galaxy Nexus. Of the 3 I would actually choose the Droid Razr.
6. Muhannad posted on 29 Oct 2011, 12:35 0 1
The iPhone 4S is the biggest disappointment of the year, especially after the rumors saying that it'll have a bigger screen, 1GB of Ram and a very thin shape.
7. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 29 Oct 2011, 12:39 0 0
it's funny how people don't understand that the mobile world has changed and that the ''developers'' and the ''apps'' are the guns. If developers don't want to write apps for Meego, how is it going to succeed.
I personally like Meego a lot but Nokia itself wouldn't be able to make it a perfect OS in short amount of time, and that's what Nokia does not have right now ''time'', they need to be quick and work with a company that knows what its doing and that is ''MS'' which also has the money to do it and at the same time it will speed up the proccess.
9. HTCiscool posted on 29 Oct 2011, 12:52 0 0
It might surprise you that there are a fair few people who don't care about apps and just want a fast, intuitive, and smooth experience. To a lot of people doing internet, phone calls, music, good camera is all they need.
10. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 29 Oct 2011, 13:01 0 0
Yeah but most of that is achived with the developers support, I know a lot of people that buy iPhones just because of the games and some of them didn't even know they could play good quality games on other smart phones too (andoid,symbian,ect..)
11. Muhannad posted on 29 Oct 2011, 14:22 0 0
"People didn't even know they could play good quality games on other smart phones too (Android, Symbian, etc.)"
This is very true, I know a lot of people who thought Angry Birds was developed by Apple and it's an Apple-only game.
12. Muhannad posted on 29 Oct 2011, 14:22 1 0
Their ignorance makes me cry sometimes.
13. remixfa posted on 29 Oct 2011, 15:05 2 0
concidering meego is dead and WP7 is rising.. i dont agree. WP7 is an excellent OS. I find the bulk of people that make fun of it have never used it or for just a few seconds at best.
17. tigermcm posted on 30 Oct 2011, 14:49 0 0
my fiance isnt really a tech person but she has been with android for a few years and bb before. she kept saying ew to my wp7 then after playing with wp7 in the store so many times she now wants one and her reason is becuase everything is must easier
14. paynekiller posted on 29 Oct 2011, 16:29 0 0
What about Apple patenting slide to unlock screens?
15. u-suck-more posted on 29 Oct 2011, 23:04 0 0
i personally don't really like the Nokia Windows Phones. not that i dont like WP, i like it, but i would rather see Nokia develop MeeGo further. MeeGo is an interesting OS with lots of potential but Nokia killed it.. hiaz..
on a different note, im very interested in the LG Prada K2 :D
16. kadalil posted on 30 Oct 2011, 03:35 0 0
I love meego,but u should try wp7 especially with mango,its everything u want in a smartphone,its sleek,smooth,sweet,no lagging.maybe Nokia would continue with meego when they r stable in the smartphone market.besides they just released an update for their n9 and a white n9.