Spyshots of the Sony Xperia Z1 show screen in action
One of our loyal readers managed to obtain some pictures of the Xperia Z1, which he took after having the opportunity of playing with it. In his own words, he tells us that the screen is "punchy" like the Sony Xperia Z Ultra and that 20.7MP camera is better than the rear shooters on the Apple iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.
Our source also says that even with the handset running an early version of the firmware, it runs better than the average phone. Lastly, while our tipster says that the Sony Xperia Z1 doesn't look good in press shots, in person it is a different matter.
The countdown to Wednesday continues.
Spyshots of the Sony Xperia Z1
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
25. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Holy cow ! in the first two picture the bezels are so huge :(
in some previous image the bezels were ok et now wow ! but will definitely buy the Z1 :)
30. AndroidGyan (Posts: 6; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
100 % FAKE PIC it is.
XZ1 or Honami will have variants C6943, C6906, C6903. and C6902 . ( already certified by PTCRB )
How come in above pic we see C6930 ?
It seems XZ with any of available leaked XZ1 mods.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5866; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Most likely NOT. :-( Sony gives a free carrier exclusive. And VZW isn't on their list for the free carrier exclusive.
4. Bernoulli (Posts: 1451; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Nice article just hope you guys don't remove it like you did with the previous leak, why did you guys do it anyway?
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6581; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
damn it only one day to go. i want too see THE FULL THING no more leaks please
11. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I want this to be in stores ASAP. Can't wait to get my hands on one.
14. Feanor (Posts: 310; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I'm almost not interested in the official presentation. This thing is so extensively leaked that there will be no surprises whatsoever. I am waiting for the first reviews to see if it will live up to the hype.
6. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 847; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
"One-Sony" ????? I say "All-In-One-Sony"
7. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Camera better than Galaxy S4 Zoom? that is quite a statement
I really hope this phone gets the reception it deserves
8. rd_nest (Posts: 770; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Why are they so lazy? 4.3 is already out since a long time.
10. Lyngdoh (Posts: 225; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
I prefer a smooth 4.2.2 rather than a buggy 4.3 and start complaining about bugs later on.
27. mayur007 (Posts: 440; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
i agree too but note 3 is coming with 4.3 i guess on that basis my question is.
even i want bug free version but sony softwares are buggy updates are very late telling on the exp of xperia s
12. TMach (Posts: 372; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I think you might find that apart from the Nexus/Google Play Edition lines, there aren't any phones out there with 4.3! Sony is working on 4.3 for the Xperia Z and I would rather they get it right than release a sub optimal software update!
15. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
can you name 5 phones running on 4.3 version??
only nexus models have it.
17. rd_nest (Posts: 770; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Not talking about old devices. Devices which are coming out now should be shipping in the latest generation of Android. I should atleast expect this much.
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
I prefer a flawless 4.2.2 device instead of a buggy 4.3 one.
28. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 433; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Yes, new phones should be running 4.3 BUT everyone knows that 4.3 is half-baked. If the GNote III runs with 4.3 then Samsung just wants their customers to be happy. I dont know how they will sqash those 4.3 bugs.
9. mayur007 (Posts: 440; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
4.2.2 version ??
i think next update will be in 6 month or next year :P
22. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
I'm sure Sony will disappoint you because now they have become much better about the updates, and they have updated Xperia Z / ZL /Tablet Z to 4.2 less than 6 months.
16. emadshiny (Posts: 1135; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
any comment about audio quality??
i think the huge speaker of this monster can produce a great sound.
21. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If they add Miracast capabilities and a IR Blaster, it will be insteresting.. I will be able to use it with my Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle..
29. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 433; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Miracast is in Xperia phones since the Z.
26. rency0722 (Posts: 64; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Then when Phone Arena will remove the "f" on the size of the sensor which is "1/2.3"? WTF
31. nedywest71 (Posts: 8; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
If it comes with FREE watch bundle in UKs EE, TMO it will be DEFINITELY my next phone, otherwise may wait for the MINI version :)))
But in one I am sure of :))))) It will be big GOODBYE to Motorola !
Can not accept the Moto argument about workability over the specs. In my opinion if it will be a Flagship model (as MOTO X) DO IT TOP SPECS HARDWARE AND TOP SPECS SOFTWARE (at the time of release and NOT at the time of announcement) FIRST, or DO NOT ADVERTISE it as something groundbreaking/game changing, etc.) and after that release as many Low specs devices as you want for the rest of the folks.