Specs leak for the quad-core HTC Endeavor
According MoDaCo's tipster, the HTC Endeavor will be powered by a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor. 1GB of RAM is expected to be aboard and the model should come with a 4.7 inch 720p display. A pair of cameras should be included on the device, an 8MP rear-facing shooter and a 1.3MP front-facer. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 are a couple of other features that are being tipped for inclusion on the HTC Endeavor, along with a quad-band HSPA+ radio. The latter is an indication that we could see the handset head to AT&T in the States. Android 4.0 with Sense 4.0 on top will be installed out of the box.
We have already informed you that HTC will be holding an event on February 26th, the day before MWC begins in Barcelona. When you are holding an event on the cusp of a big show like MWC, the ideas is that you have something huge to reveal that will capture the buzz during the subsequent event. With that in mind, we probably will be seeing the HTC Endeavor/Supreme introduced at that time.
source: MoDaCo via PPCGeeks
1. Luuthian (Posts: 222; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm getting REALLY sick of high end HTC phones with horrible battery power. Hopefully this phone is going the way of the RAZR MAXX.
18. ledbetterp3 (Posts: 467; Member since: 31 Aug 2011)
I doubt it will have a larger battery, but being a Tegra 3 device, it should consume less power than an average dual-core. But being an HTC device, it may have only average battery life, at the most/least.
31. slipknotmaggot (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
HTC said they won't have that problem anymore
2. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I'm hoping for an AMOLED and at least a decent 1900mAh battery.
3. jove39 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
With every new release screen size is increasing...last year 4" was sweet spot and this year its 4.5"...don't know about next year...seems every smartphone will be phablet with 5" display :)
13. TechDroid (Posts: 37; Member since: 14 Jun 2011)
4" was the big thing in 2010.
4.3" in 2011.
In 2012, it seems to be 4.5" and upwards
In 2015, our phones' screens will be 10" :)
20. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
agreed, no pocket holds phones that big. thats insane, just because it's thin companies think that it is so portable.
pockets will have to become bigger just for cell phones.
4. jove39 (Posts: 1443; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Quad core in phone...awesome...now hope HTC doesn't screw up on battery...atleast 3500mAh is expected :)
6. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
I thought we moved on from the days of sticking bricks to our heads? Around 2000 mAh would be fine because the quad-core is suppose to use less power, and ICS has better power consumption because it uses each core seperately
12. 14545 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Nah, needs to be at minimum 2500. I've had the TB and the Bionic and both with the extended batteries, (2750 and 2850) and both just last me a day. I've actually had both die on me within the day even with the extended batteries. But my typical usage will allow me a day with a 2500-2800 mAh battery.
28. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Then conserve power better. From a full charge I can do 12 hours on my Evo w/o sacrificing anything (cell service/wifi/Bluetooth, live wallpaper, normal usage) on stock sense 3 w/ a stock battery. And of course you had the TB, which may be the most underachieving phone ever made
24. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Dude if it isn't over 2000 Mah this phone has no chance of having decent battery life. 2500 would most likely be enough for good battery life. Make this phone a thick beast with a sufficient battery and this will catch my attention for sure. Put this on verizon and I'm pretty much sold.
(Not to mention jove39 was joking about 3500)
I'm replying to both mario and Cwebb BTW
27. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I know it was a joke, i was just stating that its overkill
5. nb2six (Posts: 298; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
You know you have an old computer when phones start to have better specs.
7. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
My OC'd Evo 3D is better than my 3 year old laptop in processor/RAM/PPI XD
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well then your laptop must be trash. xD
8. haikallp (Posts: 148; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
phones are getting bigger and bigger, i remembered an article last year where phonearena said 4.5" screens seems to be pushing real estate too hard but this year i'm sure there will be more that 4.3" size screens phones..When will this stop, i wonder. By 2014, a standard phone screen will be 5" -.-"
10. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1435; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
im sure the s3 will wipe this off but this will have better style than the it
14. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
For those of you concerned about screen size with the lack of buttons and bezel the phone won't get larger and thats what matters. As long as the bezel isn't to thin I am fine with that. Since two small of bezel is annoying to me.
15. Sprissy (Posts: 122; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I am really excited about some new HTC phones coming out, especially the quad cores but I am not a fan of such big screens, 4" or 4.3' is a decent screen size. As far as battery's go, come on, get an extra battery and be done with it....
16. torr310 (Posts: 560; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
Galaxy S III will have twice ram of this one
17. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Too many names on too many devices. They need to stop this! They need to have one device name and establish its reputation, just like Samsung's galaxy line. This is probably why HTC's rep has gone downwards.
21. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 390; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Thank god I preordered the Xperia S with a 4'3 inch screen. I wonder if this HTC phone can surpass the Vita's battery life.
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's like OEMs are using Rolling Pins on their phone designs. xD
25. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
the specs looks good but im not a fan of 4.7 too big and too uncomfortable to me hopefully sIII will only be 4.3 hahaha i think 4.3- 4.5 looks very decent to me haha
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'll be buying this one if battery life suits