Sony Xperia Z price revealed
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
wow the design of this bad boy is nice! :)
O and "Sony XP" is also a really nice way to advertise the name........Liking it alot
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
$655 is super attractive to me :)
Hate me or not I will ready my savings for this babe no matter what...
I guess Japan is rising after that election lol
6. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i am done judging you wendy LOL.............I really dont know which phone you "want"......."may have"...........or are looking to get in the future..........lol
Either way, Youve become a friend and ill just keep it at that......and just "smh" at you in the mean time haha :)
7. wendygarett (unregistered)
We love and hate each other... That's what friends for dude... And I don't care those sony fans push me away for getting this... NOT THIS TIME!!!
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3008; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Dude...(s)he's an Apple supporter with an Android phone looking forward to own a Lumia :D
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
o really? cuz i could of sworn she said she had an iphone as well loool........and is looking forward to "owning" a blackberry!
33. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3008; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Um...i guess you're new here.
Wendy here is very famous :D and you not knowing her gender is a disrespect to him-er. Now i'm confused, lol.
27. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Sony Xperia Z and ZL are attracting my attention but there is few thing that I still don't like first one I don't like that ZL has camera at the bottom and that they both are comming with Android 4.1. But let's hope that it is only rumors and camera will be at the top and OS will be Android 4.2. At the moment everything elese looks fine for me. :)
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
it worths paying even 700 for this beast
and what about the battery?
if that be known, i'll make my final decision
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
yea battery is a must now a days, but lets not panic if its not an extremely high capacity like 3000 mAh! Because maybe this time around Sony has done a bit of "optimizing" ;)
We'll see soon enough :)
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
3000 mAh would be perfect, but if Sony uses a bad battery like those of HTC, i will not buy it
in that case i have other choices i my mind, like SGNote2 with its powerful battery
13. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
htc's batteries are not "bad" man...........just not as "excellent" as some like the motorola razr maxx
18. emadshiny (Posts: 1131; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
by bad i don't mean bad quality, i mean the batteries HTC uses for its phones can not support their high specs well
look at butterfly, 2020 mAh for a 1080p screen phone is ridiculous
21. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
ummmmmmm i know what the numbers show.......but have you actually read any reports as to how those numbers hold up in real life usage??
They tend to be pretty decent given the low capacity count bro........numbers arent always everything, know what i mean?
30. romeo1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
They where talking about 2800-3200mah if remeber correctly bu atleast 2800-3k something
28. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
I had a feeling its around 2200mah, but with sony proper optimize, this could be great.
Remember their 6000mah batt for xperia tab which provide 9-10hrs of web browsing. Compare that to other tab equip with 7-10kmah
22. MUTHREJA (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I remember reading the benchmark results somewhere, that said the yuga and the odin drained out of battery while they were being tested, I hope it has been fixed since. Really looking forward to this 5" beast
23. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2431; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
welp.........thats not a good report lol but lets wait and see the "final" report shall we? :)
32. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
They drained battery not while they were being tested with various benchmarks, they drained battery when they were wirelessly streaming 1080p video to the TV!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Price is nothing w/o built in storage
But what a sexy phone, hopefully the software is smooth and battery life is great to match the design.
8. cyborg009 (Posts: 90; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Xperia arc's beautiful design still cannot be matched.
12. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks more like LG Optimus G to me.
16. poddey (Posts: 75; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Except this is how you make a rectangular black slab with class. :)
17. smallworld (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Which itself looks like the Xperia GX seen from front.
14. gazmatic (Posts: 600; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
holy s**t.... i'm going to compare this and the oppo find5 camera quality
19. tiara6918 (Posts: 1391; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
That price tag is worth it considering the specs!
20. poddey (Posts: 75; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Looks great. Sleek and understated. Wow, there's finally going to be some real competition for the next Galaxy phone with this, the Butterfly and Find5.
How is Samsung going to compete with the quad core S4 pro, 5" 1080P 440ppi RGB LCDs and solid build quality of the Xperia Z and the other already mentioned 5" phones...
24. jsdechavez (Posts: 702; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Well, Sammy's got experience on phablets..
29. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
But never to a phone with water n dust proof. Take that hahaha
31. romeo1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
probably with the new exynos
but im with sony any day because of their build quality an feel.
and sony was talking about a 6inch phablet wich was'nt going to use a nvidia or qualcom chip so probably one of sammy?
34. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
S4 Pro is weaker SoC than Exynos 5440, in CPU power they should be almost the same although Exynos should be 10% more powerful. But in GPU, adreno is much weaker than mali t-624 or 658. And Exynos supports newer technologies like DDR3 or USB3. Samsung will surely improve their build quality which I think is already good. And RGB OLED displays are much better than LCD:s, actually I would like to see WRGB OLED because it would have a perfect white.
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Eemember that there is such thing like a S4 Prime.
38. romeo1 (Posts: 226; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
I don't know the correct exynos names but is that the one that is coming in the gs4?
About the built quality i don't agree as the sammys feel really cheap and fragile the gs2 was flexible and the gs3 is glossy which makes it feel like a childs toy also the gs3 screen breaks easy.
About the screens you are wrong.
Oled screens don't give the right colors which is a bummer during movies.
Also oleds are losing their colors very fast indeed and that is not even the biggest problem cause the different colors are also losing their colors at a different rate like the blue ones are losing their color allot faster than the other 2.
And because the oled screens are oversaturated they lose detail.
But I do believe it could get better as lcd is almost at its end I think and oled is getting better and better.
But until that time i'm sticking to lcd.
40. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
The glossy part is a bummer and the ´´screen breaking´´ too but Samsung fixed that with Note 2.
About the screens, the reason why AMOLEDs are oversaturated is that the manufacturer calibrates the screen colors. I have a phone with AMOLED and colors are great because I have calibrated them to my liking. AMOLEDs have much higher refresh rate, contrast and can have much higher brightness than LDCs. AMOLEDs are thinner, OLED technology is the future.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
at the moment OLED based screens has more disadvantages than advantages and those disadvantages are pretty essential.
In my opinion there is four main OLED based screen cons:
1) Really short lifespan (due to organic compounds degradation).
2) Can not handle intensive "working load" and it expressed as 'Burn-In' effect (also due to organic compounds degradation).
3) Colors are not natural.
4) Relatively not so clear and sharp images.
42. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I have AMOLED and never experienced burn-in or color degradation. Colors can be calibrated. I believe AMOLEDs are the thinnest screens so they should have the sharpest image if they are RGB. If AMOLED is RGBG than it is not as sharp as a same AMOLED which is RGB because it has 50% more subpixels. You must use SAMOLED Plus to achieve the best experience.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"I have AMOLED and never experienced burn-in or color degradation."
But lots have experienced that.
44. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3008; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
One answer can be that he never switched it on. LOL!
45. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
I know. Good thing about it is that I can laugh at them :), as long as it does not affect me I don´t care.
46. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that it is stupid point of view...
36. Edmund (Posts: 654; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I like this phone, but the operating system is a pile of garbage. Put Windows Phone 8 on it and I'd think about buying one Sony.
37. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6389; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Can next week come any faster please
39. yamato (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
a lot of specifics are so cold but with out front camera, just it is rumor if be the true it should got it and should replace some bottom too