Sony Lavender render leaks out, flaunting almost bezel-less sides
1. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Just like pictures emerged from the Z3 that also appeared almost bezel-less yet when inside the phone they were regular bezels.
10. buccob (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
both Z3 and Z3 Compact had a notable improvement in screen-to-body ratio, considering its design materials and IP certification...
Even the S6 has bigger bezels, the thing is that the squarey look of Sony gives the impression that the bezels are bigger....
Even the ZL has a similar ratio to the Sharp Aquos Crystal and people didn't bat an eye.
26. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
com/proxy/u5NMa0xkW5SZ2WMut3_ci think sony keep fooling their fanboy.. look at the picture.. and how come sony claimed that the z3 has 5'2 while it's just as big as 5'1 of the s6.. i think sony fanboy need to wake up that the s6 has better screen to body ratio and dont let the numbers from sony fools you.. amICzIfoz0IPG78qkL6OGRzeLNgp42 InfxHao_y90wEHPUracCamU7DE1ijJ beQWTKK4TgCSyIO_llSm5AMjTblM8j 8GzQCpqOYOO4Xb9t5RQ0Dyd3KVMnJk AL2TUQlVLyvG5vSNANxU=w443-h332-nc
28. ninja_master (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Feb 2015)
peria_z3-6539.phphttp://www.gsmarena.com/samsun g_galaxy_s6-6849.phpI think you're being brainwashed by Samsung
29. maccess (Posts: 742; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
Hey kid.. i'm giving you real proof with picture.. i dont care what numbers are when you can clearly see the s6 has better body to screen ratio.. use your eyes kid look at the picture not the spec sheet..
34. kabiluddin (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Hey, Stupid...... Don't make a fool out of yourself anymore. I'm laughing at you and the idiot who liked your post.
32. techsavvy.jaz (Posts: 153; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
the screens are measured diagonally, does it occurred to you that, the Z3 might be little wider than the S6?
35. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
Sony isn't fooling us. GSM Arena and Phone Arena both say that the Z3 has a smaller screen to body ratio.
30. Jason2k13 (Posts: 1214; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
I cant really tell much about the bezels, but we all can agree that overall the Z3 is bigger and heavier than the S6.
33. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Didn't say otherwise, just said that the pictures of glass panels obviously have small bezels but when they are actually implemented on a phone they will obviously be larger because of the shell of the phone.
You're right on what you say.
12. CAMBODIANPATRIOT (banned) (Posts: 226; Member since: 10 May 2015)
It's just a concept phone from a Sony fan. It's a great design but still not gonna convince me.
13. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
WOW!!! Even something great still can't convince you, master? The iPhones must be far beyond great!!!!
17. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Whoa, watch out there, buddy. He's known for making fun of people's mom when someone bashes or talks bad about his beloved fruit company.
23. marorun (Posts: 3580; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Good for you but you see no matter what design or others crap Apple will come with i wont buy it.
In fact even if they would pay me i would not use it.
Why? i dont like the way Apple acting toward the market and its monopolistic way ( music streaming , electronic book ect )
Some ppl have self respect you know and wont buy because of principle i am one of those.
2. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
Has a big front camera lens, front flash, dual front speakers, thin bezels, flagship design. Must be a high end phone, global Z4 maybe?
7. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The alleged chipset is not a flagship-grade.
16. Kruze (Posts: 1285; Member since: 30 Dec 2014)
But the model number is quite close to a flagship. Probably some cheaper Z4 variant?
37. sunjay140 (Posts: 118; Member since: 19 Mar 2015)
The Xperia ZL has smaller bezels than the G3. I would hardly call that late.
4. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Bezel-less sides mean nothing when the top and bottom bezels are huge...
6. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I will have better than 70% STBR so what's your rant about?
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The bottom bezels aren't huge as opposed of the top bezels. However, a more balanced design like the Xperia ZL is far better than this one.
11. buccob (Posts: 2566; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
tell that to Apple... basically that has been the design philosophy of iPhones... thin side bezels and huge top and bottom...
At least Z3 and Z3 Compact has better s-t-b ratio (71%) vs iPhone 6 (65.8%) and Galaxy S6 (70%).
5. gaming64 (unregistered)
The color is a big turnoff for me. Girls phone.
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1415; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Uneven top and bottom bezels, just looks weird :S
At least make the bottom bezer bigger than the top, the other way around just looks weird :S
14. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 903; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
The top bezels are bigger because of that big f*cking selfie camera.
27. vergil9 (banned) (Posts: 517; Member since: 06 Apr 2015)
Bigger bottom bezel just like htc? Then put on screen buttons? That way the screen would be way off the center.
19. may_czos (Posts: 736; Member since: 22 Nov 2014)
Render looks like Huawei P8 or ZTE Nubia Z9.
24. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The edge method is the most tasteful I believe. I wonder if an edge on all four sides would look ugly or sick. Go test it with a mid ranger Samsung like you usually do!
That would be a truly bezeless phone and then you can sell case or skin that changes the screen size like the LG and Samsung view cases that have a tiny 2 inch screen window.
Just make it 5.5 bezeless for media and then when you close the front cover it turns into a 5 incher for web browising and then when you close the cover again, it turns into a 3.5 inch display for 1 handed use. That would be genius.
25. JoshN (Posts: 180; Member since: 01 Apr 2015)
A good idea that won't be around for next 4 yrs at leadt
31. BobLawblaw (unregistered)
Why are people so obsessed with bezels?
38. Moose (Posts: 248; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
Might be a thing of beauty, but only if the top and bottom bezels or whatever they are called are not too wide, as they usually are with Sony phones. I probably wouldn't buy one anyway because I regard their devices as way over priced. On the positive side, the quality of Sony products is always first rate.