Siri is back in business, but reasons for the outage remain unclear
7. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I kid I kid!
As I mentioned in the original article, there is nothing wrong with Siri everyone is just talking to her wrong.
3. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Siri, what would this phone be like without you?
SIRI: Like an iphone4
siri, can you prove that?
siri?? siri???? crap.. now how do u use the touchscreen on this thing.. lol
4. goflet (Posts: 50; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
yeah phone arena...when a problem occurs on android go full..
but when apple is concerned dont give apple hard time..
why do you put a beta service on a flagship product?
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
They seem to be giving Apple as hard a time as they can...
In reality, it IS a beta service. They dedicated an article to the fact that there was an outage and even mentioned that Apple has still not acknowledged (publicly) that there was one.
That's really as far as this can go... I think the difference is usually the Android issues are security related which is much easier to write about.
Honestly, I think Phone Arena does a very good job of being unbiased (recently) between iOS and Android.
9. gotti88 (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
i dont think so dude... phonearena just gives us info about everything man... they cover negative and the positive.... there not being unbias at all... they report bad stuff about android and every other company that acts up...
10. gotti88 (Posts: 101; Member since: 06 Jul 2011)
its the users that down apple and android... its peoples personal opinion i just think u taking things a little personal....
25. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
okay.. show me one article when they criticized apple.. none right ? .. . PA never misses an opportunity to criticize android,google,samsung.. but on the other hand if there is any problem with apple they would try to find solutions to the problem instead.. . isnt it discrimination ???? ... PA would never admit that iphone has lost its top spot.. its android era now & samsung is the top smartphone maker.
21. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
now this is very true every time
11. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 420; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
Maybe it's from the lack of power--dual core, 800 mhz with 512mb of ram
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7221; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, the crisis is over. s**t happens. Nothing else to say, really.
Who wants to bet how many posts it'll take for Taco to show up and cry about trolls?
14. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Well Kindergarten is only half days usually so my guess is he'll be on around 1pm.
15. DRP14 (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
OMG an Apple failure! I thought that was never supposed to happen according to some! That's only supposed to happen to Blackberry.
16. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
yay siri is working again !! im not stuck with an iphone 4 now whoowhooo!!
17. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
What an Apple product only comes out when it is perfect and ready. Sounds to me like antennagate all over again. NO iPhone will be sold before it's time.
Really, this story would be normal for any new device...if it wasn't for the fanboys who cry foul about Android devices needing fixes after the first couple weeks of release and how it never happens to Apple because they don't rush devices before they are perfected.
18. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
Thanks to apple there is always lot of fun and laugh with their single unique lonely model of their micro-catalog of phone
Only one phone but so many many many bugs
Thanks again for the pleasure to read that each year
19. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Lol @DROIDX0430 lack of power? 512mb ram + 800mhz is more than enough power for an iPhone to run smoothly. Android on the other hand...you want a droid to run smooth you might as well rip out computer parts and put em in the darn thing lol. 1.5ghz + 1gb ram phones still run slower than the iPhone. Just being real. ;)
20. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 420; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
LoL@drodriguezsd-buddy you are in denial...Ask Siri that question you just attempted to tell me--which I will never believe anyway you slice it.....look at the benchmarks--and you will see the results.
22. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
SIRI is back and changes everything again.. lol
23. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
when would apple stop makin stupid things ????
26. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Apple's advertising of Siri is that of a full fledged service. There is no beta mention unless you go and purposefully look it up.
It was already available on the iP4 before Apple decided to make it an iP4S exclusive.
The beta rhetoric should be put to bed.
27. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
@DROIDX0430 I'm not sure what benchmark tests you're looking at, but perhaps you should check this article out. ----http://www.redmondpie.com/ipho
So I'm looking at the results...and the iPhone is the fastest in comparison to several Android phones. Stop pulling whatever you can out your @#* because THIS RIGHT HERE IS FACT.
28. drodriguezsd (Posts: 35; Member since: 10 Jun 2010)
Another thing, I find it hilarious how whenever there's a post related to iPhone/iPad all the Android fans come on the post leaving their hate comments. Yet, when a post is made about Android, it's MUCH MORE UNLIKELY for an iPhone user to say anything. It's because iPhone users are satisfied with their phone and don't feel the need to bash others. ;)
29. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
Siri is a woman... having some woman issues... what's the big deal.... right? xD
30. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah in order to make her more realistic they added a feature where two to three days a month no matter how many times you ask her to help you out she just gives you that look and says she's busy...
31. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6878; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Siri why do people always fight over everythinng?
Siri...... please ask again i didnt catch that