Screenshot claims to be iOS 8 running on an iPhone 6 (and hints at the iWatch)
1. grahaman27 (Posts: 354; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
OMG MOAR ICONS
EDIT: man the amount of icons is really overwhelming actually...
14. chistoefur (Posts: 76; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
iOS will never do good with larger-screened smartphone's until they figure out how to take good advantage of the screen size, without some bogus extra row crap.
15. Finalflash (Posts: 1946; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I don't think this is real, likely they will increase the size of icons, not how many per home screen.
33. acharlest (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
This is off topic, but Mayday Parade's A Lesson In Romantics is the best album ever made. Just had to get that out there.
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3707; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
4.7 inch screen. Looks like to me it's a library.
22. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 703; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lol .... up coming iphone updated with 6th row n 5th column .... innovation
30. Altair (Posts: 349; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Ya... another row of icons, invented back in -90.
#switch Windows Phone advanced OS
2. -Shadow- (Posts: 26; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
too much icons in one page IMO, they should keep the 4 x 5 even in bigger screens at least for iphone, ipad could use an extra row and column
16. sip1995 (Posts: 1026; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Agreed + make the icons bigger and more visible.
3. pepeo (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
this looks like a child phone. look at this, so cololrfull. at least its a fast, stable and reliable OS
but i think this is fake
6. livyatan (Posts: 776; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Stable yeah, almost 50% as stable as Android
31. LiquidGalaxy (Posts: 267; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
50% as stable as Android....? This is sarcasm right?
34. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I doubt he was being sarcastic, because it's based on hard data:http://www.phonearena.com/news
5. galanoth (Posts: 346; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Goodness 30 apps per page. +5 in the dock.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
7. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 405; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I don't buy it! iPads only display a 4x5 grid, so there is no way I'd believe they'd have a 5x6 on an iPhone.
9. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 411; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Who says this is the final version? Maybe Apple experiments a little here. But the WatchUtility app makes me think because it does not fit in the design at all. It reminds me of the design language of the aliens in Independece Day movie (You didn't fire this green shit at me, didn't you?). The Safari icon looks better than the current one though.
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6814; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
so it's a icon in between a icon o_0
10. CreeDiddy (Posts: 370; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
6 rows and 5 columns of icons. Wooopee!!! LOL!!!!
11. AfterShock (Posts: 3496; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Idk why they always have to show the app drawer open?
Oh wait.. That's how its supposed to look??
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4131; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
This looks so ridiculous. Apple better fix this before the official release. Also, that resolution is silly. Why can't Apple use standard resolutions?
20. Taters (Posts: 3658; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Because their entire Eco system depends on it. If they start playing with non scalable resolutions, developers will have to cater to too many resolutions and this hurts Android believe it or not.
If they stick to their resolutions or multiples of their resolutions then developers can just 2x or 3x the resolution code on their apps. Instead reprogramming the app from the ground up with a standard resolution.
Apple has many many tricks in play that makes them look good and this is one of them.
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 13530; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I actually like the smaller icons. I've always hated the larger icons, in a smaller screen, can't see the background as good. Bring it on apple, can't wait to purchase one.
19. Taters (Posts: 3658; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That screen doesn't look very nice. Which is odd because 400 ppi should be plenty.
21. marlboro (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
more icon? hoping for more RAM+BATTERY!!!! lol
23. haikallp (Posts: 119; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Looks cramped. Should have went with 5x4.
26. lukkiristi (Posts: 47; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
1,600 x 966...Almost FullHD, but not quite. Could even Apple be this stubborn?
27. wendisopian (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
WOW so big, and the look still colorful ,
but i phone 6 will be available in 2 variants right ? 4.7 inch screen and 5.7 inch screen ?
28. fredmode01 (Posts: 19; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
I only could hope this picture is a fake..
I've never been a big fan of Apple, but when I got a bit bored of something like 4 years enjoying Android (my first Androphone was the old but mighty Galaxy Spica), I considered switching to anything else.
iOS/iPhones had to major flaws to me: the childish ugly new UI design, and at least a 0.5" too small 4'' screen.
Bigger screens is a nice move, and it was really needed. Keeping this ugly colourful stuff on these brand new screens was not.
Sorry Apple buddies, you won't get a new customer with iOS8
32. sianto (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
And a new Safari logo, haha the iOS7 version is ugly!
38. engineer-1701d (Posts: 1472; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
why is safari a compass and above it there is a compass. ? i seen 2 old people in sprint store today rep was telling them about iphone old man had no clue thought android was only on big phones hahahaha sales people make high commission on apple sales thats why they push them my roommate sells them thats why he pushes it. more money
39. cfprelude (Posts: 119; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
No way that that's close to what it will look like. A buggier screen should finally give them the chance for bigger icons that incorporate widgets. Not in the sense of android but at least an iOS twist on them (limited to the size of the icon like toggle switches and 1x1 widgets on android)