Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Galaxy S4: first look
1. Kuroki (Posts: 87; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
The Ugly just got even uglier. Now with huge bezels!
9. datphoneguy (Posts: 145; Member since: 15 Sep 2013)
Yeah, I thought it was just me but the bezels on the S5 actually look a tad bit bigger than the S4. Hmmm...
15. akki20892 (Posts: 3798; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
2. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
I don't think any s4 owners out there will be rushing out to get the s5. Even S3 owners at the ends of contracts who previously would have easily just straight upgraded to the s5 will possible pause for thought and look around at rival handsets because of the s5's disappointing unveilment.
For Samsungs fans the best thing may actually be for the s5 not to be a great success,it may prompt Samsung not to rest on their laurels and make a serious effort next time
14. AlexYouOC (Posts: 53; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I agree with you 110%. I got my S3 when it first came out and ever since then I have been saying "I'm waiting for the S5 to come out before I get another phone". Now after seeing it, Im very disappointed.
Yes, its a more than capable phone, but it still feels like I could wait for an S6 if I was really that dedicated to getting another Samsung. My S3 is starting to show its age now and I might have to see what HTC is going to do in March now
3. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Qhd, 3gb ram, 64bit , two different variants my a$$. man f*** all the rumors leading up to this lol
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 16227; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
LMAOOOOO dude your comment has me rollin. Anytime someone names off a list in disappointment, and the says my a$$, it's automatically hilarious. Judging by your sign up date you wouldn't know of him, but the ultimate android junkie (Richard Allen Yarrell) is having a BF rite about now.
23. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Jedii!!!!! it's me android4u!! lol new account it's a long story lol but I know that guy lol yeah he definitely would be haha what you think about the gs5 bro?
32. darkkjedii (Posts: 16227; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Beast of a phone, looks wise it's underwhelming. Worth buying regardless what you have, I'm not a fan of the dimpled back, the rest is rite on point. Why the name change bro?
35. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Pa messing with me I swear I know my password just won't let me login and got frustrated, so made a new one...you still rockin ip5s with the note bro?
26. davenycept (Posts: 199; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Thank you..that's my only thing were the lofty expectations
31. fireblade (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Dec 2013)
and that rumors must come from eldar murtazin
4. imyourpapi (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)
Sammy got lazy with the bezels... Yuck!!!!
5. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2028; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
.....4k underwater recording.?!..I might get it....if priced right...
22. Commentator (Posts: 3024; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
No dedicated camera-button means controlling the camera underwater might be a challenge.
6. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
That's 21 articles on this mediocre handset. No bias here folks.
10. jove39 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
you counted...wow...we have a dedicated PA reader :)
7. mobi_user (Posts: 130; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Hey, last last I remember Samsung used to joke of iPhone that "it is a phone with a jack in the bottom". Seems Samsung guys forgot the joke and followed iPhone instead.
11. jove39 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
No...Samsung didn't followed iPhone...this phone looks ugly compared to iPhone!
18. darkkjedii (Posts: 16227; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The jack is on the bottom. Whewwww!!!
12. jove39 (Posts: 1522; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
LG with G2 and G2 pro will shine this year
29. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
The LG G-Pro 2 is better. Even the old LG G2 is better. Now imagine the party that the LG G3 is going to make with it when it comes out...
13. bucky (Posts: 2080; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Omg that's ridiculously huge. I really can't see many buying a PHONE that size.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 16227; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I wonder how Richard Allen Yarrell feels about this. I'd say he's having a "White Chicks" BF rite now.
19. darkskoliro (Posts: 1061; Member since: 07 May 2012)
Hahaha I'm so glad he's been banned from pa :)
24. Ninetysix (Posts: 1964; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Can't wait for Design 4.0!!! They'll surprise everyone by making it a bit bigger than its predecessor.
25. Professor (Posts: 200; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
Big BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. No real reason to buy an S5 over an S4, or to upgrade. The only real advantage of the S5 over a regular S4 (not over an S4 Active) is that is water resistant (like the Active). That's it...
Slightly better screen although basically the same size (even when phone is much bigger & thicker).
The camera... Anyone that knows about cameras knows that more MP's don't mean it has better photo quality. (And probably way worse in low light).
27. -box- (Posts: 3978; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
So this is about the size of the original Note, and bumps the processor and RAM, slims it, and makes it IP67-compliant. Why not just call it the Note Rugby or something? Or Note Pro? Then the S5 could be the S4 with the processor/RAM bump and stay the same size. Ugh, Samsung is making too many models.
28. ProblemSolver15 (Posts: 219; Member since: 14 Jun 2010)
The bezels on the S5 are larger than those in the S4. It's an okay design. Certainly sticking with my Note 3 for the foreseeable future.
30. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Ok, so after this big announcement of the S5 - there is still one question left unanswered..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WHO THE F^ is Richard Allen Yarrell?
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 16227; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He was the worst troll in PA history. Worst than all combined lol. The hitler of trolling.
36. umlguy (Posts: 11; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
I am one S4 owner that is ready to jump to an S5. As I get older and older I think I need an ever bigger and bigger screen and find that I am less and less willing to wait for any device to do something I want done ... so I am all for getting the bigger, faster, brighter, and more abuse resistant (water/dust) S5. I'm just going to have to hold one in my hand to make sure it is not too unwieldy before I buy it. The S4 is almost too big and with the S5 being just a bit bigger than that ... I just don't know.